Author Topic: [Epervier] - AL 18601 - Claude Thomain - Accordeon Electronique [FLAC]  (Read 26147 times)

opl3

This is an wonderfully energetic French album featuring virtuosic accordion and keyboard space age jazz. I bought this album specifically to do a high quality lossless rip. I find myself coming back to this one time and again with it sounding fresh every time.

It has been ripped at using a Thorens TD160 with a Shure M97x cart and digitized at 48khz 24bit with a DigiDesign 888 24 converter. Some click and noise reduction was processed using Adobe Audition, but the album was in great shape and did not require much. Scroll down for the link.

Here is a rough google translation of the liner notes in English:

To meet Claude Thomain is to have the chance to discover both a talented artist and a man with all that it requires of moral qualities This was my case in 1967, while Michel Lorin, who was already part of team with Lucien Lavoute and Jacques Gauchet, introduced me to Claude Thomain and made me hear a band on it were recorded some themes to the electronic accordion It was for me u vation. I confess I'm not insensitive to the accordion, but I think that this magical mage instrument of which, alas, he is too often struck. I saw there deserves much better than opportunity to attempt an orchestral experience, thanks to the virtuosity and musical inspiration of Claude Thomain, using the technical qualities of this new type of electronic sound and traditional, I do to evolve the style of the musical compositions and to incorporate the leading instrument into a percussive rhythm and brass band, without however falling into the American formula, ca I am always convinced that the accordion must still remain a melodic and sensitive instrument . Claude, with his talent, his courage, and, I add, his kindness and his tolerance with regard to my requirements and began to work like crazy In 1971 it was the first test with two single 45t and four title The result was more than vain. In addition the title "Weekend-Dance" was chosen as indicative of "Inter Danse" and Marcel Azzola said of Claude Thomain "a young person today, a big tomorrow Tomorrow is today In this 30 cm, Claude Thomain literally bursts and pushes back the possible borders of the accordion, he is accompanied by a team of musicians whose value is undisputed Naturally with the complicity of Lucien Lavoute for the arrangements and Michel Lorin at the percussion When the presentation of this album, it is signed Jacques Gauchet The technical part, it must be emphasized, is due to the skills of Alain Butet and Claude Wagner The tour is done, the team is complete, it's up to you , I dare not say to judge, because, in the name of whom Of what This is a completely different business ... We like, we do not like, we take our responsibilities André Lutereau For the curious (it's normal ) Claude Thomain is 32. He is from Laan, where, from his youngest e age, since born in a family of musicians, music was part of his environment (hold a buzzword) ouui, but it was in the years 1947. In short, it was first a first contact with the accordion while devoting himself to the study of a classical instrument, the oboe, which he obtained in 1959 a first prize at the National Conservatory of Versailles, But when his career was destined for the National Conservatory of Paris Claude decides voluntarily to give it up to devote yourself to accordion. It was then the T.N.P., the T. E.P. etc. He discovers the electronic accordion "Major Vox" (Cavagnolo ll acquires the prototype in 1966. The following you know it.It was in 1967, when etc, etc.

Claude Thomain - Accordeon Electronique (1971)[FLAC 24-48].zip
www98.zippyshare.com/v/uWYpWzxo/file.html
« Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 01:56:23 PM by opl3 »

BlackwatchPlaid

• Raw & Real Retail
Thank you for the rip and for also providing your equipment and lineage!  Always nice to know this information :D

BTW, you should use a different picture hoster.  Photobucket recently changed their business practices to hold hosted pictures hostage.  I recommend imgur.com.  They are totally free and I have images from nearly a decade ago still active.

This is what your post looks like to me:

For funky mall walkthroughs set to Library Music, be sure to watch
Raw & Real Retail
New videos every Saturday!

owlglass

Interesting! Thanks, opl3!

opl3

BlackwatchPlaid, thanks for letting me know. I have updated the post using imgur.

Rocco

Hello opl3, thank you for ripping this nice album in flac! I'm enjoying it very much.  :)

Greta

• Administrator
Thank you opl3!!
G.

bongo_rock

Thanks opl3!

A really joyful and happy sounding album! Bringed a smile to my face listening to this.  :)

Flemming

Cool, thanks opl3!  :)

Muff Diver

• Secret Squirrel is watching!

Thanks, opl3!

I remember this rip from several years ago (that's how long it's been since I last listened). I recall I really liked this LP and this led me to discover the Musique Pour L'Image label for myself.

Thanks very much for sharing your 'custom' rip and cover images!
Virtus Junxit Mors Non Separabit

sj_beat

Please reupload ! )) :)

OrganGrinder

Re: [Epervier] - AL 18601 - Claude Thomain - Accordeon Electronique [FLAC]
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2023, 12:09:14 AM »
pixeldrain.com/u/UCLuGW21

sj_beat

Re: [Epervier] - AL 18601 - Claude Thomain - Accordeon Electronique [FLAC]
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2023, 10:42:34 AM »
Thank you )

gophrette power