Author Topic: Storyteller (abandoned music database)  (Read 86 times)

kablamatic

  • Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 354
Storyteller (abandoned music database)
« on: September 28, 2026, 01:12:20 AM »
Has anyone who has been a part of the forum's past incarnations been involved in identifying music from the Storyteller magazine audio cassettes? A while ago, I stumbled across a Youtube channel, "Raconte-moi des Histoires", who posted videos of music tracks in Storyteller and I managed to identify at least one playing in "The Ren & Stimpy Show". And through that, I came across fan Mark McMillan's music database pages, which had a few unidentified tracks for both pages, so I figured I'd take a listen and determine what I could identify before giving others a chance at it. Here's what I found so far:

For Series 1 (mcmweb.co.uk/storyteller/music_database1.html), I managed to identify:

- The "bi-plane" and "flower pot on head" SFX from "Animated Links 1-16" by Harold Smart (KPM 1133) from Aldo in Arcadia (2), as it was not listed due to it being sound effects, not music.
- "Electronic Effect 3" by Paddy Kingsland (KPM 1301) amidst a bunch of unknown sci-fi effects from Aldo in Arcadia (4)
- Possibly "Holly Bells (Noël Noël)" by Otto Sieben from Conroy BMLP 127 "Christmas and Other Occasions" in King John's Christmas, judging by the track duration listed on the back on the album here: ebay.co.uk/itm/227228082150

For Series 2 (mcmweb.co.uk/storyteller/music_database2.html), I managed to identify:

- "Horror Comic" by Dennis Farnon (BMLP 084) from Rumbles in the Jungles (2) and Big Red Head (2)

The music editors for these cassettes used KPM Music, Sonoton, Conroy (and its Eurobeat sub-label), and Themes International.