Author Topic: Capitol Hi-Q - New Needledrops / Reel Rips Thread (Will update if I find more!)  (Read 82369 times)

Don M Yowp

  • Member
  • **
  • Posts: 93
I found two versions of D105/D106.
One by William Loose & John Seely 27 tracks
The other by Gene Poddany. 23 tracks
 

I listened to the first cue in both files.
It's the same cue.

Yowp

TheMusicalAvenger

  • Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 109
I found two versions of D105/D106.
One by William Loose & John Seely 27 tracks
The other by Gene Poddany. 23 tracks
 

I listened to the first cue in both files.
It's the same cue.

Yowp

In fact, most of, if not the whole album featured in the "Gene Poddany" file is just the revised D-105/D-106 album.

Certainly1080

  • Member
  • **
  • Posts: 55
If the following pages are correct, it appears that Henry Russell composed the "R" cues that show up on various X reels. That sound right?

https://librarymusicthemes.com/index.php?topic=10241.0
https://animesuperhero.com/forums/threads/looney-tunes-stock-music-list.5203781/

SoCalRyan

  • Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 234
I found two versions of D105/D106.
One by William Loose & John Seely 27 tracks
The other by Gene Poddany. 23 tracks
 

I listened to the first cue in both files.
It's the same cue.

Yowp

In fact, most of, if not the whole album featured in the "Gene Poddany" file is just the revised D-105/D-106 album.

I don’t think there is an “Original” D-105/D-106 by Eugene Poddany. I’m convinced that the Loose/Seely album is the solely designated D-105/D-106 since it was published in 1959, Poddany’s music wasn’t published until 1963/1964. I’m thinking someone must’ve mistaken it for the L-105/L-106 reels.

But, i am convinced there are more Poddany cues that were published under the D Category, just not D-105/D-106


« Last Edit: October 10, 2025, 06:31:07 PM by SoCalRyan »

Certainly1080

  • Member
  • **
  • Posts: 55
I don’t think there is an “Original” D-105/D-106 by Eugene Poddany. I’m convinced that the Loose/Seely album is the solely designated D-105/D-106 since it was published in 1959, Poddany’s music wasn’t published until 1963/1964. I’m thinking someone must’ve mistaken it for the L-105/L-106 reels.

But, i am convinced there are more Poddany cues that were published under the D Category, just not D-105/D-106
I cross-checked the L-105/106 mp3s with Production Music Wiki's D-105/106 page and they each have identical cue titles and the same # of tracks. Thinking you're right here. Did the person who sent you the files have the cue codes as well? That's the best way to be sure.

SoCalRyan

  • Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 234
I don’t think there is an “Original” D-105/D-106 by Eugene Poddany. I’m convinced that the Loose/Seely album is the solely designated D-105/D-106 since it was published in 1959, Poddany’s music wasn’t published until 1963/1964. I’m thinking someone must’ve mistaken it for the L-105/L-106 reels.

But, i am convinced there are more Poddany cues that were published under the D Category, just not D-105/D-106
I cross-checked the L-105/106 mp3s with Production Music Wiki's D-105/106 page and they each have identical cue titles and the same # of tracks. Thinking you're right here. Did the person who sent you the files have the cue codes as well? That's the best way to be sure.

I asked, the person will get back to me when the chance comes. The latest prior reels in the L category I know is L-101/L-102 (OK) which is MB-2739/MB-2740 (1962) and after L-111/L-112 (AM) PB-3004/PB/3005 (1963)

Don M Yowp

  • Member
  • **
  • Posts: 93
I cross-checked the L-105/106 mp3s with Production Music Wiki's D-105/106 page and they each have identical cue titles and the same # of tracks. Thinking you're right here. Did the person who sent you the files have the cue codes as well? That's the best way to be sure.

Wikis are written by fans with no guarantee of accuracy. Anyone can write what they think. If I saw the actual label or something in the Hi-C catalogue, that would be a legitimate source.

I tend to side with Ryan. I think someone got their 105-106s confused.

Yowp
https://yowpyowp.blogspot.com

BenKirb

  • Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 502
  • Discord Username: benkirb
    • YouTube
I'm wondering. Have the original versions of L-61/62 and L-75/76 with the Loose/Cookerly/Cadkin tracks ever been uploaded here on LMT?
Make sure to join the Library Music Central Discord server!

discord.gg/DEENUVmpeZ

Certainly1080

  • Member
  • **
  • Posts: 55
I'm wondering. Have the original versions of L-61/62 and L-75/76 with the Loose/Cookerly/Cadkin tracks ever been uploaded here on LMT?
I don't believe so. Still trying to look for new Hi-Q stuff whenever the opportunity arises, but there hasn't been all that much available lately.

On a related note, a copy of D-25/D-26 was briefly for sale on Discogs a few months ago, but someone got to it while it was still in my cart. The price was pretty good too which stung! That one's still in my radar. Think it's one of the few D reels that isn't circulating anywhere.

Certainly1080

  • Member
  • **
  • Posts: 55
I don’t think there is an “Original” D-105/D-106 by Eugene Poddany. I’m convinced that the Loose/Seely album is the solely designated D-105/D-106 since it was published in 1959, Poddany’s music wasn’t published until 1963/1964. I’m thinking someone must’ve mistaken it for the L-105/L-106 reels.

But, i am convinced there are more Poddany cues that were published under the D Category, just not D-105/D-106
I cross-checked the L-105/106 mp3s with Production Music Wiki's D-105/106 page and they each have identical cue titles and the same # of tracks. Thinking you're right here. Did the person who sent you the files have the cue codes as well? That's the best way to be sure.

I asked, the person will get back to me when the chance comes. The latest prior reels in the L category I know is L-101/L-102 (OK) which is MB-2739/MB-2740 (1962) and after L-111/L-112 (AM) PB-3004/PB/3005 (1963)
Did you ever hear back? I feel like you and Yowp are correct here, but it'd be nice to be sure.

SoCalRyan

  • Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 234
I don’t think there is an “Original” D-105/D-106 by Eugene Poddany. I’m convinced that the Loose/Seely album is the solely designated D-105/D-106 since it was published in 1959, Poddany’s music wasn’t published until 1963/1964. I’m thinking someone must’ve mistaken it for the L-105/L-106 reels.

But, i am convinced there are more Poddany cues that were published under the D Category, just not D-105/D-106
I cross-checked the L-105/106 mp3s with Production Music Wiki's D-105/106 page and they each have identical cue titles and the same # of tracks. Thinking you're right here. Did the person who sent you the files have the cue codes as well? That's the best way to be sure.

I asked, the person will get back to me when the chance comes. The latest prior reels in the L category I know is L-101/L-102 (OK) which is MB-2739/MB-2740 (1962) and after L-111/L-112 (AM) PB-3004/PB/3005 (1963)
Did you ever hear back? I feel like you and Yowp are correct here, but it'd be nice to be sure.

No, unfortunately the person is very busy. But I do feel honored and appreciative that the album was shared to me and allowed me to share it back to all of you. ;D

Certainly1080

  • Member
  • **
  • Posts: 55
I'm back with a few more reel rips, one of which hopefully will be a pleasant surprise for you guys. Sorry for the long wait!  :)

D-31/D-32 - Replaced the needledrop with a reel-to-reel transfer.
D-42 - I've added this to the D-41 folder so the 'album' is now complete. This is also a rare example where we have different cue names compared to the vinyl and catalog binder. Interestingly, the Night of the Living Dead CD soundtrack uses TC-306's alternate title as shown on the reel box.
D-115/D-116 - Now for the surprise; one of the ultra-rare 'missing' Hi-Qs has finally shown up! This one has TI cues. Files are tagged with 'unknown artist' for now as the composer has yet to be identified. The vinyl's catalog number is apparently JB-2813/JB-2814, so its release year was 1959.

h}{ps://mega.nz/folder/zRsQ2JgB#rgh9Xv8trDMEvVkYlZU0Dg
« Last Edit: September 24, 2026, 04:55:54 PM by Certainly1080 »

kablamatic

  • Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 354
Thanks, Certainly, for D115/D116! That's one of the many missing Capitols for me! All that's left on my end for Series D is D25/D26, D89/D90, D113/D114, and D121/D122. It may be a long shot, but hopefully that will complete that line of the Hi-Q catalog!

LibraryGuy78

  • Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 363
Thanks Certainly!

apmnut

  • Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 612
HUGE thanks for D-115/116. I've been hoping to hear those "TI" cues for ages.