Author Topic: Intermezzi Music Library  (Read 15200 times)

BlackwatchPlaid

• Raw & Real Retail
Intermezzi Music Library
« on: May 13, 2018, 10:31:00 AM »

The Intermezzi Music Library has hand selected material from the golden age of 1970s and 1980s Italian Production Music.  We offer some of the finest Vintage Library music from Original Master Recordings from different Italian publishers vaults, hunting down and uncovering rare and obscure recordings originally released exclusively for use in film, radio and television production.

Curated by writer and music supervisor David Hollander ("Black Dynamite") and music publisher and record producer Lorenzo Fabrizi (Sonor Music Editions), this dizzying array of Obscure Pop, Jazz-Funk beats, hot grooves, and refined cinematic Lounge and Easy Listening moods can be used anytime the lush and smooth sounds of vintage library music are needed.

I cleaned up the filenames and got rid of all the nasty underscores and catalog prefixes, but didn't thoroughly tag these.  These all seem to be modern compilations and aren't on discogs, and I didn't feel like the headache of opening up each and every track to find out the details for tagging.  Please refer to each album's page on APM for information regarding artist and song metadata.

apmmusic.com/libraries/intermezzi-mez

Download at your own risk

These files are transcodes.  It was pointed out to me in the comments, and I tested a few random tracks on several albums and have come to the conclusion that these albums are all transcodes from mp3.

Most look like a 128kbps MP3 or even a poorly encoded V2 in Audition.  Click the pictures for expanded views:

I got these from apmmusic.com.  This is unacceptable behaviour from a professional media licenser that charges thousands of dollars for the use of their transcoded product.

I am leaving the links here so the music can get heard, just be forewarned of what you are getting.

MEZ 15-17 are not affected by this.

All albums are 16bit/48kHz FLAC.

MEZ 001 - I MARC 4 - GLP 1001
www111.zippyshare.com/v/BXnUZriQ/file.html

MEZ 002 - I MARC 4 - GLP 1002
www111.zippyshare.com/v/LUeiSKzn/file.html

MEZ 003 - I MARC 4 - GLP 1003 - Special Effects
www111.zippyshare.com/v/mOjCVYTQ/file.html

MEZ 004 - I MARC 4 - GLP 1004
www111.zippyshare.com/v/LqlxJgwV/file.html

MEZ 005 - I MARC 4 - GLP 1005
www111.zippyshare.com/v/DclZuE5l/file.html

MEZ 006 - I MARC 4 - GLP 1006
www111.zippyshare.com/v/MlTw08tb/file.html

MEZ 007 - GLP 1007
www111.zippyshare.com/v/T5UzOKNn/file.html

MEZ 008 - GLP 1008
www111.zippyshare.com/v/ANRjACfY/file.html

MEZ 009 - GLP 1009
www111.zippyshare.com/v/fLGw7iRo/file.html

MEZ 010 - GLP 1010
www111.zippyshare.com/v/oJPRwrDy/file.html

MEZ 011 - GLP 1012
www111.zippyshare.com/v/bmOJGQqy/file.html

MEZ 012 - GLP 1013
www111.zippyshare.com/v/vu7NYGsl/file.html

MEZ 013 - SM 2001
www111.zippyshare.com/v/HZhutCql/file.html

MEZ 014 - SM 2002
www111.zippyshare.com/v/cYX59uXJ/file.html

MEZ 015 - Friendship
www111.zippyshare.com/v/bBNNUQ6H/file.html

MEZ 016 - 10 Situazioni
www111.zippyshare.com/v/EgSVFCke/file.html

MEZ 017 - Tastieri Oggi
www111.zippyshare.com/v/TLpvbPpX/file.html
« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 01:59:38 PM by BlackwatchPlaid »
For funky mall walkthroughs set to Library Music, be sure to watch
Raw & Real Retail
New videos every Saturday!

a_pylon

Re: Intermezzi Music Library
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2018, 12:00:09 PM »
This is fantastic! So glad there's still someone who shares rare and beautiful stuff for the sake of sharing with others and not just to trade like a merchant :)
Thank you so much!
« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 04:55:53 PM by a_pylon »

Simon666

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2018, 12:45:05 PM »
Fantastic work, thanks BWP!

Greta

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2018, 12:55:54 PM »
So glad there's still someone who shares rare and beautiful stuff for the sake of sharing with others and not just to strade like a merchant :)

a_pylon, I don't get you. It sounds odd, to say it gently.
Is there anybody here aimed to something different from the pleasure of sharing and spreading music and love for it? It's the nature of the forum itself. Where your thought comes from?
G.

Flemming

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2018, 12:58:50 PM »
Beautiful, really appreciate it, thanks BlackwatchPlaid!  :)

Greta

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2018, 01:18:38 PM »
BWP, are you sure these are all 16bit/48kHz real flacs?
Most of the tracks have a lowpass cutoff at 16kHz.
Here is a pic of "Paperino Soldato" from MEZ 005.

« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 01:20:24 PM by Greta »
G.

BlackwatchPlaid

• Raw & Real Retail
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2018, 01:42:42 PM »
I just downloaded them from APM myself yesterday.  If APM is licensing upconverted MP3s then they are the dicks, not me.

It wouldn't be the first time this has happened...

https://librarymusicthemes.com/index.php?topic=852
Raw & Real Retail

a_pylon

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2018, 02:31:55 PM »
So glad there's still someone who shares rare and beautiful stuff for the sake of sharing with others and not just to strade like a merchant :)

a_pylon, I don't get you. It sounds odd, to say it gently.
Is there anybody here aimed to something different from the pleasure of sharing and spreading music and love for it? It's the nature of the forum itself. Where your thought comes from?
Dear Greta, my comment was not aimed at this blog and its activities per se, I'm sorry if there was any ambiguity on this.

This said, if you ask me if there is anybody here aimed to something different, I can tell you for sure that I know at least a couple of well-respected users of this blog (but again, this has nothing to do with the blog and neither had my comment, I hope that was clear or at least that is clearer now!)  that embrace a totally different philosophy that I respect but I really not agree with. They, as many other in the "library music game" chose never to freely share rare stuff they stumble upon or when they do share it, they share in bad quality with the purpose of trading the lossless copy (or better copy) they have.

I think that good music, especially if so rare and niche, should be for everyone interested in it, wheter they can pay or not for it (trading is just another form of payment, of corse) but this way of thinking is not particularly widespread in our communities: I guess I'm stating no secrets. So I'm always suprisingly and positively impressed when a user with so many good and rare stuff (shame on APM for the transcodes) decides to share it, for free and in good quality with everyone like BlackwatchPlaid did and - fortunately - many other users of these and other forums and private trackers still do. To recognize and show appreciation for this increasingly rare behaviour was the sole purpose of my comment!

That's all Greta! Again, I'm sorry if there was any misunderstanding.
I respect very much your work and the community that you put togheter.
Peace :)
« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 02:34:37 PM by a_pylon »

Mr

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2018, 02:46:48 PM »
Never heard of this before, thanks for posting about them, BW.
.... but jeez, why bother with these at all? The vinyl rips sound much better. Haven't seen "Friendship", but the others have made the rounds, I believe.
That these are in such poor condition doesn't surprise me in the least knowing Lorenzo Fabrizi's name is on here, he's always been a lazy hack.

Greta

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2018, 04:35:02 PM »
If APM is licensing upconverted MP3s then they are the dicks, not me.
I was not saying you're the dick, but just asking, cause I trust your knowledge about sound quality.
You introduced these as real flacs, so I was confused and wondering.
G.

BlackwatchPlaid

• Raw & Real Retail
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2018, 08:54:16 PM »
Yeah, I hadn't done my due diligence and got lazy.  I saw something that looked interesting, grabbed them and uploaded them.  I've been pretty busy with real life stuff lately and this just didn't receive the kind of scrutiny it deserved.
Raw & Real Retail

Flemming

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2018, 09:23:40 PM »
Its a shame, but shit happens. Lets hope they are gonna upload these in better quality, at some point   :)

Sonor Music Editions

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2018, 05:11:44 PM »
Never heard of this before, thanks for posting about them, BW.
.... but jeez, why bother with these at all? The vinyl rips sound much better. Haven't seen "Friendship", but the others have made the rounds, I believe.
That these are in such poor condition doesn't surprise me in the least knowing Lorenzo Fabrizi's name is on here, he's always been a lazy hack.

Hello there all, this is Lorenzo Fabrizi from SONOR MUSIC EDITIONS label. I'd be curious to know who you are, 'Mr', who are defining me as a 'lazy hack'. But anyway, about the music of I MARC 4 and all the Library stuff currently represented in the US territory by APM through Intermezzi label, everything has been transfered from the original tapes (when possible) and then digitally and professionally remastered. I invite you to get the music through digital stores or Spotify / SoundCloud channels and have a listen with your ears:

https://open.spotify.com/user/bastard_grooves/playlist/3M5FKJggRE2NocgXE0LzRV?si=5eKgtr-ERD2WrZQxwdDJGA
https://soundcloud.com/armagideon-times/sets/sonor-music-editions-library

BlackwatchPlaid

• Raw & Real Retail
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2018, 09:24:03 PM »
But anyway, about the music of I MARC 4 and all the Library stuff currently represented in the US territory by APM through Intermezzi label, everything has been transfered from the original tapes (when possible) and then digitally and professionally remastered. I invite you to get the music through digital stores or Spotify / SoundCloud channels and have a listen with your ears:

https://open.spotify.com/user/bastard_grooves/playlist/3M5FKJggRE2NocgXE0LzRV?si=5eKgtr-ERD2WrZQxwdDJGA
https://soundcloud.com/armagideon-times/sets/sonor-music-editions-library
First of all, downloading anything through spotify or soundcloud is going to result in a lossy file.  Soundcloud transcodes your uploads to 128kbps MP3.  Spotify transcodes your uploads to ogg vorbis 320kbps. 

The files represented by the fourier transform graphs generated in Adobe Audition in this thread were downloaded directly from apmmusic.com in 16bit/48kHz .wav format.  There was no transcoding done, they were simply losslessly compressed using the FLAC codec. The result shows a signature pattern usually seen in lossy MPEG psychoacoustic filtering, a hard lowpass cutoff filter of 16kHz.  I did not phony up this graph.  This is the exact spectrum fourier transform graph from MEZ_MEZ_0005_00101_Paperino_Soldato_APM.wav downloaded directly from apmmusic.com/albums/MEZ-0005

^^ You can click the image for a full size graph.

Being a representative of the results of this "work", maybe you can explain why this happened.  Did you involve a lossy step in the remastering process?  Was there ever a .mp3 file involved in any step along the way?  If so, do you need a refresher course in what lossy music is and what MPEG codecs do to frequencies and lossless audio and why you shouldn't use .mp3 files as source material?

Listening with your ears is a great thing to promote people do, but it is also a great diversion tactic to distract from your mistakes.

EDIT: Just for shits and giggles, I took you up on your suggestion and went to the soundcloud link you provided.  Here is the result.

General
Complete name                            : Bruno Battisti D'Amario - 'TRASPARENZE' - 1973 dreamy BOSSA & LOUNGE Italian Library SCORE_325521044 - Armagideon Times.mp3
Format                                   : MPEG Audio
File size                                : 9.96 MiB
Duration                                 : 10 min 52 s
Overall bit rate mode                    : Constant
Overall bit rate                         : 128 kb/s
Writing library                          : LAME3.99r

Audio
Format                                   : MPEG Audio
Format version                           : Version 1
Format profile                           : Layer 3
Format settings                          : Joint stereo / MS Stereo
Duration                                 : 10 min 52 s
Bit rate mode                            : Constant
Bit rate                                 : 128 kb/s
Channel(s)                               : 2 channels
Sampling rate                            : 44.1 kHz
Frame rate                               : 38.281 FPS (1152 SPF)
Compression mode                         : Lossy
Stream size                              : 9.96 MiB (100%)
Writing library                          : LAME3.99r
Encoding settings                        : -m j -V 4 -q 3 -lowpass 17 -b 128

^^ Again, click the image for full resolution.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2018, 09:46:55 PM by BlackwatchPlaid »
Raw & Real Retail

a_pylon

« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2018, 09:59:41 PM »
Truly curious about what Sonor Music Editions has to say.
No doubts labels like SME do a huge job in re-discovering and promoting ancient gems, still...totally agree with what BWP explained perfectly.
Stuff like this should not happen, simple as that.