Author Topic: Bruton Music Library - Vinyl Repository  (Read 3038 times)

tonyc1971

Bruton Music Library - Vinyl Repository
« on: June 15, 2024, 06:29:39 PM »
Hi All !

I noticed a request from someone earlier in the week for a number of Bruton albums.  Most have been shared on the site over previous years.  Some links and posts have expired or been lost over time.  Now, long term LMT'ers will have completed their Bruton run at some point.  I had the majority of their albums, but annoyingly ripped in either 128kbps or VBR MP3's mainly due to disk space which over 15 years ago was still rather pricey.

The Bruton Music Library started in 1977 by Robin Phillips and was named so as it's offices were on Bruton Street in London.  The library has been in the hands of a fair few in the past starting with the mighty ATV Music.  When changes came at ATV, in 1982 Michael Jackson bought it.  He then sold it on a few years later to Zomba Group.  It moved again in 2002 to BMG Zomba and more recently Universal took over the rights to the library.  Thankfully (not all will agree), they have looked after it and have re-released many of the original vinyl albums and re-mastered from the tapes to audition on the website.  A book about Robin and Bruton is available titled 'The Mood Modern' which is an excellent read which will go into more info on this great library and KPM.  Some of the very early Bruton albums were re-releases of works previously released on the Regency Line library label in the mid 70's.

For me, Bruton Music was the pinnacle in library music based on the famous composers including Alan Hawkshaw, Steve Gray, Brian Bennett, Keith Mansfield, Francis Monkman, Trevor Bastow, John Fiddy, John Cameron, Trevor Duncan et al.  The music produced featured in lots of TV programmes I watched growing up including Prisoner Cell Block H, Sesame Street, Spongebob, and often used for TV themes and in the UK as test card music, idents for TV and video companies.  The way the library was sectioned made it simple for those looking for a particular genre of music and the BR sections were born.  Examples included BRB - Jingles, BRC - Neutral, Solo Instruments, BRH - Contemporary, Rock, Pop, BRI - Electronic and so on...

So, with the help of lots of contributors on this forum, we have as a collective completed the vinyl run and more.  Therefore, below I present to you my Bruton Music Library collection.  It's not complete as I've not got all of the CD's and as and if I want to obtain them, I'll add to the master folder on my Mega account.  Due to the amount of space this collection takes, I'm only offering the live link for a maximum of 90 days, so feel free to take whatever you like.  I'd like to point out that for the odd album, you can still ask members on the forum for help which is the preference and helps the longevity of this forum, and in particular when the link is taken down.  There is just short of 200gb worth in over 23,000 tracks.  All in FLAC, apart from the odd one which has popped up recently as a fake lossless copy.  That said, this should satisfy the majority of library hunters.  If this post and collected existed around 20 years for me, I think I'd have lost my mind.  Enjoy everyone !  If you experience any issues with the links, please let me know and I'll do what I can to correct.

http$://mega.nz/folder/nol2VJBC#DrWDZPEMdsw5O5T3qSMk6Q

« Last Edit: June 15, 2024, 06:31:35 PM by tonyc1971 »

nidostar

Re: Bruton Music Library - Vinyl Repository
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2024, 07:48:55 PM »
Tony

This is incredibly generous of you. Thank you very much. Whilst I had most of the Bruton library in FLAC there were the odd gaps and much-needed upgrades which have been resolved by your share.

However, I think it is worth adding a caveat for members that this is exceptional and that requests for an entire library as here (https://librarymusicthemes.com/index.php?topic=586.msg58791#msg58791) are not normally so easily satisfied. As Greta responded in that post we would be happy to share the odd handful of albums but to share an entire library is quite an ask. For a start one needs to identify a suitable host which, hopefully, will not pop its clogs as zippyshare did. Also the amount of space required is far greater than the free allocations most hosts offer so would require a certain amount of financial outlay. Finally there is the time it would take to upload each album to the host server. For example being in the middle of the countryside I do not yet have access to fibre broadband so it can take as much as half an hour to upload a single album on a good day! I think it's important other members appreciate the magnitude of, what may seem to them, a simple request.

On this occasion we are fortunate that you had already built up your Bruton collection on Mega as you have. Again thank you for your generosity.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2024, 07:52:09 PM by nidostar »

KPMPK1001

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2024, 09:14:50 PM »
Tony you absolute legend! Thank you so much for this!

HeadphoniousMONK

• searching for the sound
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2024, 09:43:52 PM »
Such a wonderful share. Thank you for your time.

Ice8

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2024, 12:15:04 AM »
Many thanks Tony for your generosity in upload all those Brutons you own.

Really wonderful!

Flemming

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2024, 01:57:57 AM »
Excellent, thanks a million for your work, i know i will be missing some of these. Really appreciate it tonyc1971.  :)

Rocco

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2024, 02:05:00 AM »
Fantastic share, great label! Thank you very much, Tony.

stackjackson

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2024, 02:56:11 PM »
Wonderfully generous of you, Tony! Thanks for keeping the Brutons alive for our LMT community.
| Stack |

grendizer1

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2024, 08:16:19 PM »
Thank you Tony, this is incredibly generous of you  ;D

Fuzi

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2024, 08:47:23 AM »
I am drinking at your fountain Tony and filling lots of gaps!
Big thank you for your dedication and generosity
Life with ⓁⓂⓉ is so rich!

Digga

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2024, 08:58:52 AM »
Big thank you Tonyc1971 !!!

danthemusiclover

« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2024, 11:47:31 PM »
Thanks Tony!

Microgramma72

« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2024, 04:27:34 AM »
Thank you so much, TonyC! This is a veritable gold mine!
I'm guessing by your screen name you're about the same age as me, and from the UK, and so much music used in the 80s, particularly in advertising, seemed to be from the Bruton Library. I've even heard Bruton tracks used on radio, in particular Radio Active and also BBC radio drama. I'm also intrigued by the Central TV music - listening to that brought back so, so many memories! Thank you again!

kpmhill

« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2024, 05:43:47 AM »
Wow. Thanks!

sj_beat

« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2024, 04:04:33 PM »
Thank you , tonyc1971  :)