Author Topic: [De Wolfe] DW/LP 3150 - Paul Ferris, Peter Knight - Strange Location  (Read 14540 times)

PJP0

  • Member
  • **
  • Posts: 3


What I have here is a very rare De Wolfe album that for a while, seemed almost unobtainable. I remember seeing posts on this forum about the album on my old account.
I was able to get this one was because I found one single copy of this record suddenly being sold on Discogs. It was a $70 investment, which isn't bad at all for how hard it is to find.

Here is the record in all its glory:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SafdU_NJoS1yRNZmmBaFyTNh03-LU9s0/view?usp=sharing

Greta

  • Administrator
  • *****
  • Posts: 5789
Re: [De Wolfe] DW/LP 3150 - Paul Ferris, Peter Knight - Strange Location
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2023, 09:07:04 AM »
Thank you very much PJP0.

Very cinematic. Closing my eyes and listening to it, I almost feel like I'm watching a Hitchcock movie..
G.

Eternas Ondas Musicales

  • Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1513
Re: [De Wolfe] DW/LP 3150 - Paul Ferris, Peter Knight - Strange Location
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2023, 10:46:00 AM »
Thanks  ;D

Kwantum Assassin

  • Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 258
Re: [De Wolfe] DW/LP 3150 - Paul Ferris, Peter Knight - Strange Location
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2023, 11:27:06 AM »
Thanks !

Fuzi

  • Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1222
Re: [De Wolfe] DW/LP 3150 - Paul Ferris, Peter Knight - Strange Location
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2023, 04:49:23 PM »
👍🏾
Life with ⓁⓂⓉ is so rich!

Flemming

  • Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1854
Re: [De Wolfe] DW/LP 3150 - Paul Ferris, Peter Knight - Strange Location
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2023, 09:59:03 PM »
Great, thank you PJP0.  :)

nidostar

  • Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1873
Re: [De Wolfe] DW/LP 3150 - Paul Ferris, Peter Knight - Strange Location
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2023, 12:24:36 PM »
Thank you very much PJPO for your very generous share. I'll now keep an eye out for posts from members who have been able to identify these cues in classic movies or or TV shows as I'm sure they must have featured. :)

GradyTate

  • Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 340
Re: [De Wolfe] DW/LP 3150 - Paul Ferris, Peter Knight - Strange Location
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2023, 01:31:26 PM »
I saw that the Discogs entry for one version mentioned each side is from a particular movie.  I found Side A full movie on YouTube.  I liked the movie but did not verify the music!

LibraryGuy78

  • Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 363
Re: [De Wolfe] DW/LP 3150 - Paul Ferris, Peter Knight - Strange Location
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2023, 05:31:31 PM »
Thanks!

Ice8

  • Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1414
Re: [De Wolfe] DW/LP 3150 - Paul Ferris, Peter Knight - Strange Location
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2023, 06:11:30 AM »
Thanks PJP0.

Rocco

  • Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1735
Re: [De Wolfe] DW/LP 3150 - Paul Ferris, Peter Knight - Strange Location
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2023, 06:29:09 PM »
Fantastic! Thank you very much PJP0.

wizeowl

  • Registered
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • i love classic vinyl music
Re: [De Wolfe] DW/LP 3150 - Paul Ferris, Peter Knight - Strange Location
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2023, 01:00:45 AM »
Thank you  :)

owlglass

  • Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 329
Re: [De Wolfe] DW/LP 3150 - Paul Ferris, Peter Knight - Strange Location
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2023, 12:03:19 PM »
Thanks, PJP0!