Author Topic: Red Bus Music Library "Time & Motion"  (Read 4045 times)

arquivoV

Red Bus Music Library "Time & Motion"
« on: February 07, 2023, 10:33:22 PM »
Does somebody has those full tracks from this album? there's only on internet this demonstration:  https://youtu.be/gnjJIU2zP5w

arquivoV

Re: Red Bus Music Library "Time & Motion"
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2023, 10:53:53 PM »
If you have, you must upload here immediately

AfricPepperbird

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2023, 02:41:34 AM »

Like, right now??

baobab13

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2023, 06:50:41 AM »

[(Sub)]

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2023, 08:23:25 AM »

arquivoV

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2023, 01:04:44 PM »
« Last Edit: February 08, 2023, 01:23:20 PM by arquivoV »

arquivoV

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2023, 01:12:35 PM »

Like, right now??
no, but anytime

Greta

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2023, 01:47:06 PM »
Hey Sub, that's Red Bus n.12, not 106!!
LOL!!

Jokes aside, I don't have RBML 106.
But it seems cool.
+1 !

G.

Retronic

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2023, 04:46:09 PM »

RBML 106 - Time & Motion (1983) | Peter Morris & Tom Stanswick (FLAC)

Another freshy recorded & ripped today

pixeldrain.com/u/w6AZxzsb

Psyclon

• Depressed devil...
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2023, 05:13:56 PM »
Very lovely and semi-quirky album!!
And a particularly clean record even! Veeeeery minor, barely audible noise going on. Wasn't played a lot in the past I guess?

Retronic

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2023, 05:17:22 PM »
No, not really my thing and I think loads of library records to this day were unplayed other than the odd needle drop.  All records pick up dust though, even brand new and I gave it a good clean and it does make the difference.

Psyclon

• Depressed devil...
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2023, 05:30:28 PM »
Do you do it by hand or do you have one of these, uh, "washing machines"?
Also, I saw the comparably poor ratings and low prices on Discogs. What I like about it is that the Underscores are actually kind of stems (only synth, only underscore), and I just built my own, secondary version of "Time Systems" out of it. You can really wave it in or out or play the full version, so you get a very dynamic and editable soundtrack out of this LP. I think that alone makes it a novelty, especially on a record where you don't have 70 minutes for shenanigans like these to include.

Some of those tunes are really supposed to be underscores and talked over, I mean, I could not listen to those repeating synthesizer sequencers too (I hoped for some changes in tone), but it would just play it for eternity. But I learned that even the last track of an album can be an absolute keeper, and here it was actually the last one. Peter Morris is South African, maybe that's why his tunes are a bit "different". You know, early socializing surely changes the way to perceive music.

Anyways, thank you! Thanks for Greta for adding some urgency to it and hopefully the thread creator gets grateful enough..

Retronic

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2023, 05:45:52 PM »
 ;)
Yes, I've got an ultrasonic washer and was a bit dubious but took the punt and am really glad I did.  I had records I wanted to replace because they were so noisy but prices have increased so much that wasn't an option and you can clean multiple times if needs be but most of the time once is more than enough.   It's great for those LPs with no drums and lots of quiet patches.

That stem thing- it's one of the first things I noticed about library music- just drums, bass and drums, synth only....etc  I was looking for things to sample and couldn't believe what I was hearing.  I was heavily into breaks so my tolerance for endless loops that go nowhere is quite high!

Psyclon

• Depressed devil...
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2023, 06:00:16 PM »
Heh, I knew it. I have an ultrasonic cleaner for my glasses and in the description they showed a graphic that you can clean CDs too. So that's why I was hinting into that direction.
Don't get me wrong, I have stems/multitracks from popular songs (60 to be precise, from Ah-Ha "Take on Me", Foreigner and just yesterday I hauled "Tainted Love" from Soft Cell) just to play e.g. the bass, synth and snare drums. The synthesizer track from "Logical Song" (Supertramp) is a song in itself... But sequencers should not be that monotonous. The synth sequencer in "Radio Gaga" for example is pulsating and very present in the track but it carries the song with its melody, and that makes the difference..

Greta

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2023, 08:29:52 PM »
Wow, wasn't expecting this that soon.
Beautiful.

Stanswick's "Pressurizer" is just beyond cool to me.
Nasty, and perfect for my worst days! I'm still undecided if I prefer version 1 or the raw (and nastiest actually) version 2.

Thanks a lot Retro.
G.