Author Topic: 2026.10.06 Ole Georg Music  (Read 726 times)

nidostar

  • Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1882
Re: 2026.10.06 Ole Georg Music
« Reply #15 on: Today at 03:07:19 PM »
I think there are a few factors in play here. One is that OGM give their albums unhelpful titles which can lead to confusion. In the case of Contemporary 21 it is not in the Red Line series but in the Premium Line series. Another is that the length of the file is not necessarily the length of the piece of music. Track 46 of Contemporary 21 is only 2:43 of music when I load it into Audacity. There's 5 seconds of "nothingness" at the end. That brings the music itself down to 2:43. In the case of this track the final complication is that I think human error may have played a part in the Fandom entry and a simple typo notes the length as 2:33 rather than 2:43.

I haven't listened to every piece of music but generally they seem to fit the listings. Contemporary 21 certainly seems initially wrong. The James Williamson Fanfare tracks (45-47 and 55-57) don't sound like fanfares to me. But track 59 is unmistakably a choral piece with tribal drums and fits the listing title Choir Tribe. So it may be just that the titles of some of the pieces are ill thought out. Also the style of music per composer changes in line with the listing.

The only other thing which helped guide me was that these are new shares from ChunYinZi and fill the gaps from his previous share so they are in themselves unique if you see what I mean.

I don't have the original ZIP files to hand but I've tagged the eight albums according to the listings for these:

OGM Red Line 14- CD-PSE-81-82 Cityscore
OGM Red Line 15- CD-PSE-83-84 World Evolution
OGM Red Line 19- CD-PSE-97-98 The Homefront
OGM Premium Line 21- CD-OGM-21 Contemporary
OGM Premium Line 22- CD-OGM-22 Contemporary
OGM Premium Line 31- CD-OGM-31 Archives - Vintage Drama
OGM Red Line 18- CD-PSE-95-96 Multiple Designs
OGM Red Line 08- CD-PSE-18-46 Prime Time/Contempo/Collage

Psyclon

  • Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 468
  • Depressed devil...
Re: 2026.10.06 Ole Georg Music
« Reply #16 on: Today at 07:23:13 PM »
Thank you for your time. I will investigate a bit further but as for now I might use that.
I also expect the emptyness at the end of a track to be neglectable difference from the LPs and their recordings (as the MEDIA MUSIC were LPs).

It's my personal "thing" to have as clean data as possible so this irks me a bit. I am correcting a couple of meta tags per yeah as soon as I stumble over it and constantly check for eBay and those Japanese ebay-esque second hand pages to find photographs of cover art and LPs. I love my collection and I am forever grateful for this place and its user. But maybe that is why I am so very picky about those tags  :D