Author Topic: Hello, new member here.  (Read 1032 times)

Piggles07

  • Member
  • **
  • Posts: 3
Hello, new member here.
« on: September 15, 2026, 01:04:16 AM »
I just wanted to pop in here to say hi.  As for my motivations here, I'm a longtime collector of old time radio shows, and to make a long story short, for years I searched for the names and examples of the background music used in these radio shows.  Then just a day or so ago, I discovered a treasure trove of information about this kind of music...and this site!  I went from knowing almost none of the themes to knowing the titles and writers of 5 or so in one day!  I hope to discover more. 
Sometimes I do things.

Greta

  • Administrator
  • *****
  • Posts: 5800
Re: Hello, new member here.
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2026, 09:26:59 PM »
Welcome aboard Piggles.
G.

Mr

  • Administrator
  • *****
  • Posts: 3170
Re: Hello, new member here.
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2026, 01:08:55 PM »
Welcome aboard! Which era of radio shows do you collect, and have you found any of the background music so far?

stackjackson

  • Administrator
  • *****
  • Posts: 2705
Re: Hello, new member here.
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2026, 02:14:25 PM »
Welcome Piggles! I used to collect old radio shows when I was a kid. The Orson Welles Shadow series was my favorite.
| Stack |

Piggles07

  • Member
  • **
  • Posts: 3
Re: Hello, new member here.
« Reply #4 on: Today at 01:07:48 AM »
Welcome Piggles! I used to collect old radio shows when I was a kid. The Orson Welles Shadow series was my favorite.

My first radio show was an Orson Welles Shadow episode (Death from the Deep)...it's still one of my favorites. 
Sometimes I do things.

Piggles07

  • Member
  • **
  • Posts: 3
Re: Hello, new member here.
« Reply #5 on: Today at 01:51:14 AM »
Welcome aboard! Which era of radio shows do you collect, and have you found any of the background music so far?
My particular favorites are generally from the late 40's and through the 1950's.  And yes I've found some of the music so far.

A lot of these were used in the "X Minus One" radio series.
 
The Silent Watcher: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDmjhMqYbZ8&list=OLAK5uy_med95g1-qvySic8f3vjGzz7kPCgjpDY4o&index=19
Desolate Village: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsJ7jrllovc&list=OLAK5uy_med95g1-qvySic8f3vjGzz7kPCgjpDY4o&index=15
The Small Hours: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjIo-bAysj4&list=OLAK5uy_med95g1-qvySic8f3vjGzz7kPCgjpDY4o&index=17
The House on the Moor: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdmHh5PPLJY&list=OLAK5uy_med95g1-qvySic8f3vjGzz7kPCgjpDY4o&index=18
Night Visitor: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUc1cN9t2IE&list=OLAK5uy_med95g1-qvySic8f3vjGzz7kPCgjpDY4o&index=20
Dark Traffic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJnuGaUNym4&list=OLAK5uy_med95g1-qvySic8f3vjGzz7kPCgjpDY4o&index=22
Tension: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKW3Z9DGGto&list=OLAK5uy_med95g1-qvySic8f3vjGzz7kPCgjpDY4o&index=27
Lynch Fever: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZ2M_qjWgDE&list=OLAK5uy_med95g1-qvySic8f3vjGzz7kPCgjpDY4o&index=24
Mystic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8phoxSZA8g&list=OLAK5uy_med95g1-qvySic8f3vjGzz7kPCgjpDY4o&index=33
Operations Room, Pt.1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jX_3U8RiEw4&list=OLAK5uy_med95g1-qvySic8f3vjGzz7kPCgjpDY4o&index=43
Avalanche: https://archive.org/details/78_avalanche_the-new-century-orchestra-h-l-stevens-sidney-torch_gbia3012309b
Zero Minus Sixty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hfkpu88l0iA&list=OLAK5uy_lt5CT1ZQte818UCJUCTK2yNPbpBJCzAUE&index=30
Spaceways: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JjPAHzv770&list=OLAK5uy_lt5CT1ZQte818UCJUCTK2yNPbpBJCzAUE&index=28
Lost in Atlantis: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oix-9lyh9cI&list=OLAK5uy_lt5CT1ZQte818UCJUCTK2yNPbpBJCzAUE&index=33



« Last Edit: Today at 01:52:50 AM by Piggles07 »
Sometimes I do things.