Author Topic: [Golden Ring, Happy Records] Incognito Five - "Invitation", "Music in the Ear"  (Read 15804 times)

Psyclon

• Depressed devil...
But then again, the files have a sampling frequency of 48 kHz. Which means they cannot come from a CD.

The default project rate of Audacity is 48kHz. So if you launch Audacity and press REC, you will have a 48kHz recording and if you export it, it'll be 48kHz too. MP3 supports that sample rate.

As far as I remember it has something to do that computers can work better with 48kHz than 44.1kHz due to it being such an odd number and Audacity just uses that sample rate out of the box.

likedeeler

Hi Psyclon, you're of course completely right. But if you do what you've described there'll be no sound present above 22.05 kHz (half the sampling frequency of the CD file format). The spectrals of the fake Music in the Ear, however, show frequencies up to 24 kHz. In this case it is therefore indeed impossible that those files should have come directly from CD, even after upscaling the sampling frequency.

I've now amended the first sentence that you cite to make the statement unassailable. Thanks!
« Last Edit: February 09, 2023, 12:43:31 PM by likedeeler »

C0NN1E

• Just a person who likes to research library music
    • Library Music Archives
But then again, the files have a sampling frequency of 48 kHz. Which means they cannot come from a CD.

The default project rate of Audacity is 48kHz. So if you launch Audacity and press REC, you will have a 48kHz recording and if you export it, it'll be 48kHz too. MP3 supports that sample rate.

As far as I remember it has something to do that computers can work better with 48kHz than 44.1kHz due to it being such an odd number and Audacity just uses that sample rate out of the box.

Correction. Audacity defaults to 44,100kHz, not 48kHz. Refer to here:
https://manual.audacityteam.org/man/sample_rates.html#:~:text=44%2C100%20Hz%20is%20the%20Audacity,reasons%20to%20deviate%20from%20it.

44100kHz has been the standard for years now. 48kHz is typically reserved for professional studio use.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2023, 06:31:31 PM by C0NN1E »

nidostar

My vinyl rip of HR 2231

pixeldrain.com/u/8n2tQw6z
Thank you very much [(Sub)] for your rip of Music In The Ear. I look forward to comparing it with the previous upload earlier in this thread.

Greta

• Administrator
Thank you Sub.
G.