Author Topic: My Double Feature questions  (Read 51 times)

Yohanes Salomo

  • Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1160
  • Yohanes Salomo
My Double Feature questions
« on: Today at 06:56:45 AM »
Hey guys, it's October now and since my CDPL order is arriving soon next week, I have a, and yes, you've seen the title, my first, double feature question, so I need some help. (I know this sounds a bit weird, but I needed a helping hand )

1. How do I rip the CD?
2. What services that I need for private uploading for my personal library collection?

In context of these questions:

a) I wanted to rip those CDs by the time they're here, however, right now, I currently don't have any CD drives and scanner for ripping CDs. Also, the scanner for scanning CD cover was quite a bit expensive in Indonesia (my country), whereas the external CD drive cost less. What should I have?
b) I wanted to upload these albums online to certain services for private uploading, like Apple Music (which DoctorDoodle19 used for private uploading), so that I can listen to it anywhere, and especially when I'm on a road trip. Unfortunately, I'm not into Apple Music right now because I don't feel like it. I could be wanting to use it, but I need some alternatives for convenience and the ease of use and access. So what services I should choose?

Any suggestions please let me know! Thanks! ;) :D :)
« Last Edit: Today at 09:45:23 PM by Yohanes Salomo »

redwave

  • Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 249
Re: My Double Feature questions
« Reply #1 on: Today at 10:02:08 PM »
Mega NZ is good for storage and the app means that it's also portable and plays music. As a rule, most cloud services have a free tier with varying amounts of storage but I'd stick with Mega, Google Drive or One Drive as they're well known and easy to use.  Apple Music is quite expensive and probably not essential.

As for ripping CDs I have a cheap external CD/DVD that uses a USB connection. Amazon is a good place to look and expect to pay £15-20. For the ripping software. the free version of Niro CD Ripper is a good option with the ability to add metadata and change the bit rate or file type.

So, in a nutshell it can be done cheaply and easily.