Author Topic: Does anybody have information about Hot Ideas?  (Read 357 times)

comicsrovio

Does anybody have information about Hot Ideas?
« on: January 23, 2024, 01:53:14 PM »
I'm a little curious about Hot Ideas. This is a music network from Canada, and they music is available to listen all over on Apple Music, Spotify, etc. There're not much information about it, except they started publishing music from 2006 until now and have a website: hxxx://www.hotideas.ca/

However, what's interesting me is they stole (not sure) musics from other music libraries (mostly Sound Ideas) (I wonder if they actually get rights from them or Hot Ideas is also a part of Brian Nimens Corporation Limited). You can check their website and musics for more information.

Another things interesting me is they have more than 70+ different artists (artists listed on the website is just a few), and each different albums might have different types of collection way (like full length musics, music with SFX, short length, sound effects,...). Some tracks might re-published by 2-3 artist on the same publisher (Hot Ideas). For example, Full of Birds - Relaxed Forest with Bird Calls on Soundscapes Relaxing Music by Nature Music and Contemplate Wellness - Quiet Forest Ambience from Healing Energy (Nature Sound With Music) by Naturescape Music are the same tracks by Hot Ideas, and the actual tracks was the alternative version of Lady's Request by Craig Austin (Sound Ideas Production Music Library - SI-C1).

Is there any information or interesting things about Hot Ideas?
« Last Edit: January 24, 2024, 03:08:24 PM by comicsrovio »

ChunYinZi

Re: Doess anybody have information about Hot Ideas?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2024, 03:12:07 PM »
Music that was first released and original by Sound Ideas is now being released to music platforms by many unknown artists and companies.

The music they release is usually accompanied by ambient sounds of nature on top of the original, so it sounds like nature has been added to the original track.

I think these are pirated, unauthorized.

Because Sound Ideas is Royalty Free Music, their official website states that you can use it as much as you want as long as you buy it, but it seems to prohibit remixes.

comicsrovio

Re: Doess anybody have information about Hot Ideas?
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2024, 08:39:24 AM »
I did a closer look at them, and there's some news that surprised me.

- I've listened some tracks with nature ambient sounds that they uploaded from 2007 - 2008 (from Naturescapes Music) and not only tracks from Sound Ideas CDs, they even uploaded tracks from the original catalog of them (the 1988 - 1993 one).
- For tracks that don't have ambient sounds around that time, I realized tracks that they uploaded have a low quality (if I compared with any 128kbps tracks).