Author Topic: Pixeldrain is useless.  (Read 972 times)

bardwell64

Pixeldrain is useless.
« on: January 17, 2024, 10:51:31 AM »
Pixeldrain has been causing a lot of problems for me when trying to download. The problem is very much like that which I experienced with Racaty. The download will start fine, then after about a third or half way through, it will stop and give me a red "X" error symbol, sometimes with the words "network error". I can restart the download, but the error just repeats. I tried using Cyberghost, setting my location to Romania or Germany, but it makes no difference. I have also tried using different browsers.

On the few occasions I've successfully downloaded the full zip or rar archive, they fail to extract, with some archives only unpacking about 50% of their contents.

Has anyone else encountered these problems with Pixeldrain?

Mega and Mediafire seem OK with good fast downloads and no errors on unpacking.

Retronic

• Administrator
Re: Pixeldrain is useless.
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2024, 11:12:04 AM »
I’ve had no issues other than when downloading large files, because of the limits on the site. Puxeldrain usually work but ask you to donate with Patreon.  No issues with the downloads themselves at all.

Fuzi

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2024, 11:54:30 AM »
No issues on my Mac, I regularly switch browsers, Safari, Chrome if any slow down
Life with ⓁⓂⓉ is so rich!

nidostar

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2024, 02:10:30 PM »
I, too, have not experienced any problems with Pixeldrain. If anything I find it to be one of the more efficient sites though it seems to apply a limit of five files download at any one time. Oddly the symptoms you describe are identical to those I experienced with Mega a week or so ago. Though it seemed to be just a handful of us who were affected. Mega seems to be behaving itself now.

Psyclon

• Depressed devil...
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2024, 02:28:43 PM »
I had 20 KBytes downstream lately, turning a 500 Mbyte file into a several-hour affair.

While I do understand any frustation, please keep in mind that Pixeldrain is usually a reliable and fast - and free! - download platform. I'd like to wait a bit longer to stain its usually good speed and download quality just because of a few hiccups lately.

On the contrary, MEGA is a bit of a knob. Not only due to their strange browser cache shenanigans which causes trouble with certain browsers/scriptblockers but also their speed is really capped at horrible speeds the most of the time.

Yohanes Salomo

• Yohanes Salomo
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2024, 05:25:52 PM »
Nah. It's not useless. It works fine for me though, but, sometimes that happened to me too. But even with that, it still works fine for me though. ;D ;D ;D

bardwell64

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2024, 08:34:11 PM »
Hmm, so just me then. Oh well.  :-[

Yohanes Salomo

• Yohanes Salomo
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2024, 12:08:56 PM »
Hmm, so just me then. Oh well.  :-[
Yeah, it's just you. Nothing's wrong with Pixeldrain. Lucky you, my friend! ;)

Psyclon

• Depressed devil...
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2024, 05:19:47 PM »
*Sigh* I am going to be as blunt as usual: I think I can question your reading comprehension somewhat if you ignore my post saying that I had a several-hour Pixeldrain download (that should take 30 seconds) literally in the first line of my previous post.

Pixeldrain is having issues lately, they cut down the free user limit to 2 GByte (instead of 5) on that day and the fact they are funded by Patreon users and the likes shows their service is afloat on user contributions - which may fall short or amiss completely which might explain the very rational limitation of service quality. This seem to be very fluctuating depending on the day which I think is pretty cool feature in itself. Low funding, slow service.

bardwell64

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2024, 09:18:34 PM »
*Sigh* I am going to be as blunt as usual: I think I can question your reading comprehension somewhat if you ignore my post saying that I had a several-hour Pixeldrain download (that should take 30 seconds) literally in the first line of my previous post.

My reading comprehension is fine, thanks... but the problem you are having is not the same as the problem I am having. You downloaded a file very slowly. Mine download quite fast but stop half way through. If they ever complete, they only half extract.

John_Fred

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2024, 01:59:08 PM »
I've had a few occasions where files haven't downloaded and I got the annoying, 'network error', pop up, and this is due to it not receiving the data due to a bottleneck.  Trying again after a short while tends to work out.
 But, generally speaking it seems to work ok for me.  I can sympathise, though, as I had similar issues when trying to download from the APM site, not so long ago.

bardwell64

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2024, 05:33:10 PM »
Update: Today at work I was able to download one of the Happy Records albums without any problems. The download was fast and efficient. So maybe it's my ISP to blame (BT). Most other upload sites work OK. Racaty won't work in Slimjet but it will in Firefox. Pixeldrain won't work in any browser, not even on my phone... but in my workplace, suddenly it works perfectly! Maybe BT just hates Pixeldrain!  :o

kpmhill

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2024, 10:29:04 PM »
I've had many Pixeldrain problems too. For me, it's when I click on "download" - and nothing happens. Eventually it works, and sometimes it does work right away, but it used to be bulletproof for me. It's important enough as a source, that I just deal with it.

nidostar

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2024, 10:58:07 PM »
Update: Today at work I was able to download one of the Happy Records albums without any problems. The download was fast and efficient. So maybe it's my ISP to blame (BT). Most other upload sites work OK. Racaty won't work in Slimjet but it will in Firefox. Pixeldrain won't work in any browser, not even on my phone... but in my workplace, suddenly it works perfectly! Maybe BT just hates Pixeldrain!  :o
It could possibly be your ISP. In the past I've noticed that some sites are accessible from one country and not another. For example I can't download files from ulozto.net when in France but have no problem when in the UK. The answer, of course, is to use a VPN when trying to access Ulož from France. Similarly when Zippyshare was working the reverse applied - no problem from France but needed a VPN when accessing from the UK. I'm currently in France and am able to access Pixeldrain from here as well as via a VPN using a UK IP address.

I wonder if any other members based in the UK and using BT as their ISP are experiencing similar issues?

Ene

« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2024, 10:01:44 PM »
For me pixeldrain works great, I have much bigger problems with mega.nz.