Author Topic: Just Recognized a Library Track  (Read 30634 times)

apmnut

Re: Just Recognized a Library Track
« Reply #60 on: October 13, 2023, 02:35:56 AM »
I managed to stumble upon a KPM track as being used in one of Total TV's "Hunter" cartoons: "Suddenly It's Swing" by Tommy Watt (at about 1:09 here). This struck me as unusual since, at this point, they were mostly using Winston Sharples' stock cues originally written for Paramount's theatrical cartoons.

« Last Edit: October 13, 2023, 02:37:33 AM by apmnut »

Bronic

« Reply #61 on: November 26, 2023, 09:47:20 PM »
I was slowly losing my mind watching the final lasagnacat video when I noticed the background music and instinctively went to the Bliss Records collection and easily identified the Orchestra Heinz Kiessling - With Love In My Heart by composer Werner Tautz. It's played on loop for almost 4 and a half hours in a video with 2.5 million views.

apmnut

« Reply #62 on: December 15, 2023, 03:43:21 PM »
Managed to recognize a couple of Shaindlin tunes off of CMR 212 in a bizarre "Pooh for President" special done in Florida - "The Kibitzer", which shows up during a segment with a monkey act (along with a non-library version of "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" by Stuart McKay and a raft of other stuff I couldn't ID), and "Trombone Slider", which is heard during a narrated segment with some clowns.

apmnut

« Reply #63 on: December 29, 2023, 04:04:25 PM »
adventcalendar.house
This holiday movie/special-themed podcast I've started listening to uses Neil Richardson's "Fun in the Sun" for a recurring "History of..." segment.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2023, 04:06:04 PM by apmnut »

Walk the Skies 202

« Reply #64 on: January 07, 2024, 04:09:40 AM »
Saw a promo for Discovery's upcoming Hustlers Gamblers Crooks today, it uses "Brass and Bongos" by Elliot Ireland and Allessandro Rizzo from KPM 822, which is a remix of Syd Dale's iconic "The Hell Raisers" from KPM 1002.

Retronic

• Administrator
« Reply #65 on: February 19, 2024, 07:35:57 AM »
I finally caught up on Fargo Season 5, hon and heard a couple of KPM used as muzak:
In a fast food restaurant I think, heard in the background:

In a later episode at Wayne's car showroom:

apmnut

« Reply #66 on: April 15, 2024, 04:45:28 AM »
Was going through the Rankin/Bass Jackson Five cartoon of the early 70s earlier today when I heard a familiar Harry Bluestone fanfare later released on CPM's archive series, "Award Winner 1". The episode I caught it in was "Cinderjackson", specifically, and it really took me by surprise since they mostly used original music by Maury Laws.

EDIT: Just ID'd "Jazz Fanfare 1", another Bluestone track, as being heard in the same episode.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2024, 04:48:30 AM by apmnut »

Retronic

• Administrator
« Reply #67 on: April 15, 2024, 07:04:47 AM »
I watched Alligator again the other day (1980) and it had one random library shock cut as said alligator bursts up through the pavement.  It was Startle 1.

Mr

• Administrator
« Reply #68 on: April 26, 2024, 01:13:36 PM »
I recently watched the new Fallout series on Amazon, and it of course featured some library cues already featured in the games, like Jack Shaindlin's "I'm Tickled Pink", but also several other library cues - I recognized Sam Fonteyn's "Journey Into Melody" and to my surprise, "Summer in Love" by Santany/I Marc 4, there's probably more.