Author Topic: Prevue Guide Theme  (Read 426 times)

BenKirb

• Discord Username: benkirb
    • YouTube
Prevue Guide Theme
« on: February 15, 2024, 07:47:32 PM »
Hello.

Would anyone here possibly know where the track used as the 1988 Prevue Guide theme came from?
Me and a few others believe it came from James & Aster.

Thanks in advance!
Benjamin
Make sure to join the Library Music Central Discord server!

discord.gg/DEENUVmpeZ

BenKirb

• YouTube
Re: Prevue Guide Theme
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2024, 04:07:58 AM »
Another track that's presumably from James & Aster was used in this old HDTV demo (starting at 01:57).

hxxps://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1Rt411J7Tq/

discord.gg/DEENUVmpeZ

BenKirb

• YouTube
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2024, 07:26:25 AM »
Another track that's presumably from James & Aster was used in this old HDTV demo (starting at 01:57).

I just found out that this is actually a Sound Ideas track composed by Brian Nimens.

Adventures in Paradise, from Smooth Sailing:
hxxps://pdinfo.com/sound-ideas/smooth-sailing.php

discord.gg/DEENUVmpeZ

Yohanes Salomo

• Yohanes Salomo
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2024, 12:25:03 PM »

I just found out that this is actually a Sound Ideas track composed by Brian Nimens.

Ouya! That's right! And his courtesy name is Craig Austin, which i believe that was the courtesy name of Brian Nimens.

Also, wait a minute! That music seemed different to me. Doesn't sound like the one on both of these 2 videos, but, i believe it has a different versions from both pre-1993 (which is from 1988) and post-1993 (which was revised).
« Last Edit: April 18, 2024, 05:10:38 PM by Yohanes Salomo »

comicsrovio

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2024, 01:48:45 PM »

That tracks (along with the whole album) is already shared by Retromatic.

Plus, I remember someone also post the same Track ID topic for this video, but that video contains music only.

Yohanes Salomo

• Yohanes Salomo
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2024, 05:14:16 PM »

Ouya! That's right! And his courtesy name is Craig Austin, which i believe that was the courtesy name of Brian Nimens.

Also, wait a minute! That music seemed different to me. Doesn't sound like the one on both of these 2 videos, but, i believe it has a different versions from both pre-1993 (which is from 1988) and post-1993 (which was revised).
Oh wait. What? D'oh! Eureka! Nevermind. It does sound like one in the video below at 2:01. :o :o :o

Here's the music at 2:01 in the video below:

But still need to find the music that sounds like this on 2nd video:

But, thanks to my good Indian friend guy, Ravi Nathwani, i do have some handful of music tracks from Sound Ideas. But i don't know which sounds like the one in that video. But i'm so glad that i'm so grateful for what i got. But the search for this one still continue...

By the way, that music from 2nd video sounds like it was composed by Craig Austin to me, but i don't know. The search is still going on...
« Last Edit: April 18, 2024, 06:22:33 PM by Yohanes Salomo »

Veraneio

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2024, 08:00:13 PM »

Oh wait. What? D'oh! Eureka! Nevermind. It does sound like one in the video below at 2:01. :o :o :o

Here's the music at 2:01 in the video below:

But still need to find the music that sounds like this on 2nd video:

But, thanks to my good Indian friend guy, Ravi Nathwani, i do have some handful of music tracks from Sound Ideas. But i don't know which sounds like the one in that video. But i'm so glad that i'm so grateful for what i got. But the search for this one still continue...

By the way, that music from 2nd video sounds like it was composed by Craig Austin to me, but i don't know. The search is still going on...
that track from the 2nd video sounds like one of the 2 last tracks played on this video
this unknown library was overused in Brazil back in 1990-1996. For 6 months, I'm trying to get a info about this library with a employee from a local TV network which still using those tracks.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2024, 08:05:17 PM by Veraneio »

Yohanes Salomo

• Yohanes Salomo
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2024, 08:46:40 PM »
that track from the 2nd video sounds like one of the 2 last tracks played on this video
this unknown library was overused in Brazil back in 1990-1996. For 6 months, I'm trying to get a info about this library with a employee from a local TV network which still using those tracks.
Ah! That was an amazing marvelous music from an unknown music library we could not know. I assume that it will be James & Aster, or even better, CSS Music or Gene Michael Productions Music (GMP Music) (but it's not from 1988 i think, but that'll do), or might be something that's unknown. :-\
« Last Edit: April 18, 2024, 08:55:55 PM by Yohanes Salomo »

JB Jhonatan

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2024, 01:01:27 AM »
Ah! That was an amazing marvelous music from an unknown music library we could not know. I assume that it will be James & Aster, or even better, CSS Music or Gene Michael Productions Music (GMP Music) (but it's not from 1988 i think, but that'll do), or might be something that's unknown. :-\
I've also been looking for them for almost three years. I even made a compilation with tracks from this unknown music library.

comicsrovio

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2024, 05:09:17 PM »
Hello.

Would anyone here possibly know where the track used as the 1988 Prevue Guide theme came from?
Me and a few others believe it came from James & Aster.

Thanks in advance!
Benjamin
An alternative mix can be heard in this video:

I think this version was intended for releasing public (maybe).