Author Topic: Identify 2 songs from 2 Guild Home Video Logos  (Read 287 times)

danthemusiclover

• DMG
    • Eternas Ondas Musicales
Identify 2 songs from 2 Guild Home Video Logos
« on: April 24, 2024, 02:24:17 PM »
I've been obsessed with these jingles heard on these Guild Entertainment VHS logos for a long time. Anyone able to identify what jingle it is and what library it belongs to? Thanks in advance.

LMT my safe place.

Retronic

• Administrator
Re: Identify 2 songs from 2 Guild Home Video Logos
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2024, 03:12:04 PM »
I don’t know there but funnily enough I was doing something similar last week as I have 100’s of old pre cert videos and a lot of the logos use library music.   I started a list!

danthemusiclover

• DMG
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2024, 03:53:40 PM »
Retro I'm interested in that list, maybe I can help with something
LMT my safe place.

Retronic

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2024, 04:52:13 PM »
Atlantis video use 'Superstar Fanfare ' by Keith Mansfield
VRO use 'Star Enterprise' by Ray Davies
VIP, 'Progressions (a)' by Andy Clarke
I forget which company but another uses 'Galactic Wheel' by Keith Jenkins/Martin Ratledge
Intervision is famously 'Daytripper' by Alan Hawkshaw/Brian Bennet
Alpha Films is 'Telex' by Derek Scott

nidostar

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2024, 06:34:35 PM »
Can I add National Trust (Fanfare Only) by Keith Mansfield used on CBS Fox Home Videos

Retronic

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2024, 07:57:24 PM »
Great. Yes fanfares are pretty popular aren’t they?!

nidostar

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2024, 08:15:54 PM »
Great. Yes fanfares are pretty popular aren’t they?!
Absolutely. Another is Brian Bennett's Video Fanfare which was used by Channel 5 Videos (no relation to the UK TV channel) back in the eighties. Based on the number of those brand videos I bought in the day I'd like to think that Brian made a fair bit in royalties.

tonyc1971

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2024, 09:19:24 PM »
I don’t know there but funnily enough I was doing something similar last week as I have 100’s of old pre cert videos and a lot of the logos use library music.   I started a list!

I remember seeing pics of your room recently when you was a lot younger and I thought it's almost a carbon copy of my room.  I had a good 200+ retail and sell-through videos plus about the same again in blank tapes recording films from Sky Movies and FilmNet.  Fortunately, I've just acquired an almost brand new VHS/DVD combi and been sorting videos out.  Mainly I'm on the look out for old continuity clips, ads and the odd trailer or two.

Thanks to those that have already provided track names to some.  The Guild Home Video (first one) always sounded loud and distorted and always wondered what the track title and composer may be.  I remember the second also as it was one of the first rentals I had 'Dark Night Of The Scarecrow'  Another fave was the Thorn EMI ident.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2024, 09:37:34 PM by tonyc1971 »

danthemusiclover

• DMG
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2024, 03:30:41 PM »
'Moog Statement 14' by Andy Clark is used in Media West Home Video Inc.
'Great Ovation' by Steve Gray in Paramount "Feature Presentation" Logo
'HBO in Space' by Ferdinand Jay Smith in HBO Feature Presentation Logo
« Last Edit: April 25, 2024, 04:49:19 PM by danthemusiclover »
LMT my safe place.

ζBUS

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2024, 06:03:14 PM »
I may also add thay Great Ovation was actually used for the Disney feature presentation logo, while Moog Statement 14 was also used by Crown Movie Classics and Cobra Media.

danthemusiclover

• DMG
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2024, 11:47:39 PM »
It's true. But the problem is that there are many logos that I like that I want to find the title and the name of the artist of the jingles that are used in said logos but I can't find any specific source that gives this information.

I have the example with Guild Home Video (1982) and (1983), Embassy Entertainment (1985), Sid and Marty Krofft Television Productions (1969) and (1976), Sunbow Productions (1981), PBS (1971), Viacom (1977), among others...

And what I show you below is about bumps, the vast majority of which were edited and created in the United States with Scanimate technology.

Some of these bumps throughout the 80s or even the late 70s were introduced on Spanish television (TVE) to make way for advertising and a return to programming.

Something modern and at the same time disturbing for the time, but it was all a question of innovation, since the new technologies of that time were in full swing. The truth is that it took them a long time to discover this technology.

Some of the jingles that I have been able to recognize are: Moog Bullet (1-25) of Alan Hawkshaw (1975) [KPM 1169]

« Last Edit: April 26, 2024, 08:01:19 AM by danthemusiclover »
LMT my safe place.