Author Topic: What’s your most wanted?  (Read 73244 times)

MrDonut2534

Re: What’s your most wanted?
« Reply #135 on: January 04, 2023, 02:57:58 PM »
For me was Production Garden Music (Both Series 100 & Series 200)

Snowdog

« Reply #136 on: January 04, 2023, 07:44:31 PM »
Hi Snowdog,

that share of DWLP 3048 was a mp3. That's still what I have now.
Sorry.

Ah, cool. That's absolutely fine, thank you! :)

comicsrovio

« Reply #137 on: January 05, 2023, 07:53:16 AM »

Same for me, although I only need Series 200.

I also wanted some album from Sound Ideas Production Music Library, including SI-A6 Sunset Breeze, SI-C1 The Natural Way,...

ChunYinZi

« Reply #138 on: January 05, 2023, 05:55:08 PM »

Same for me, although I only need Series 200.

I also wanted some album from Sound Ideas Production Music Library, including SI-A6 Sunset Breeze, SI-C1 The Natural Way,...

Hello about SI-A6 Sunset Breeze

It is available for sale on the following websites

For $40 you can buy the album as a WAV

htXXs://www.pdinfo.com/sound-ideas/sunset-breeze.php

BenKirb

• Discord Username: benkirb
    • YouTube
« Reply #139 on: January 05, 2023, 06:21:19 PM »
My most wanted is sadly, very controversial around here...:( It's the Production Toolbox #3 album from Chameleon Music.
Make sure to join the Library Music Central Discord server!

discord.gg/DEENUVmpeZ

Retromatic

• Curator of musical oddities
    • CD Inventory
« Reply #140 on: January 05, 2023, 06:23:46 PM »
My most wanted is sadly, very controversial around here...:( It's the Production Toolbox #3 album from Chameleon Music.

I'm leaving this forum. Good bye.

I will never be grateful to Retromatic because he hates me, and he doesn't want to rip the album (Production Toolbox#3) I've wanted since September! >:( 

MusicMuzak

« Reply #141 on: January 06, 2023, 09:20:26 AM »
My most wanted is Conroy BMLP 127 Christmas and other occasions.
Very hard to find. Half the fun is searching for it and finally finding it. :)

MusicMuzak

« Reply #142 on: January 06, 2023, 09:25:21 AM »
what rip don’t you have it that is dying for an upgrade?

I’d love all the Rouge LPs in HQ. I could rip them from the
 LPs but am holding out for crisp FLAC files. Anyone got these?

I have all Rouge. Most were. Flac but I converted to .mp3. If you need any let me know. They're pretty crisp. I convert to mp3 as I'm morecabout decent quality but   also have mb storage considerations. Anyone need mp3 Rouge let me know  :)

Psyclon

• Depressed devil...
« Reply #143 on: January 06, 2023, 02:47:15 PM »
@MP3 discussions:
As you can see from my signature, I also opted to go LAME VBR0 (best quality VBR whereas 320CBR is an unjustified irony - saving space by going MP3 just to order the encoder to waste bits every frame regardless of the complexity of the current sound) after extensively reading into lossy compression. It taking away things we might not hear due to our ears (aging, damage), our equipment (I do not aspire to spend €1000+ into my systems) and simply due to our brain (psycho-accoustics) is worth the trade off. The quality is transparent (no audible difference) and I enjoy to have everything as small as possible; I am probably too German, but I love the efficiency. There are slight differences, but they are so miniscule and a very low tradeoff compared to such a compression rate. The developers of MP3 were scientists, and they knew/know what they are dealing with, and the results show in an excellent codec. LAME went a long way and being developed outside a close-circuit (the Fraunhofer Institute), it also had more input from more people that worked on that encoder, almost eliminating all "killer problems" over the last two decades or make them a 1-in-a-million problem - just like your occasional click and pop on a record. MP3, AAC, OPUS and OGG should be applauded for being so clever instead of just real-time zipping the raw audio. For us end-users (pure listening, no remixing or anything in that matter), it is the perfect format; even one further transcode e.g. in your video editing programme shows barely any difference. I do unerstand the worth of having bit-perfect/unaltered sound for archiving purposes though, as part of my research. I wish people would understand better instead of frowning upon MP3s; that is like hating BluRays not having an infrared video stream - you can't see it, but man, you want it so badly. . . .

Anyways, I have everything in my library in at least VBR5 (~130-150 kBit/s LAME), which is fairly decent. The average bitrate of my collection is 275 kBit/s as comparison. However, there are two tracks that are impossible to get. One is from a 1998 SONOTON CD album which is simply damaged. Yes, it skips and has artifacts all over the place. SONOTON has no quality check I guess, because they can't be serious about offering those hideously poor tracks for licencing. And the other track in 128 CBR has been shared yesterday, and I thought I could finally put this last puzzle piece:

VISION from the ORANGE POWER INSTRUMENTAL 10 album. The share is 128 CBR; it sounds good, but knowing to have a proper source is giving ME peace of mind. That song in particular would play in late 80s/early 90s German TV stations when it was normal for stations to shutdown overnight (who am I telling this, I am amongst the youngsters here with my 32 years!). About 8:25, the station would play its idents and then a scrolling text with the day's programme, probably a slightly flickering chroma-keyed clock animation of the current time - and in the background VISION.

Here is what a German TV station had, it's called Pro7 and from Munich (yes, the home of SONOTON and INTERSOUND).

Now you can mute that sound and play VISION over it. The tune above appears to be written by Klaus-Peter Sattler, and he made many of such theme songs and even had a CD.

If I could get this ORANGER POWER album, I'd be happy. I have other NICHION demos, but they used a good VBR setting, so even at those low bitrates they sound surprisingly decent, but man, that Orange Power is a bit of a bastard to get hold of!
« Last Edit: January 06, 2023, 03:11:56 PM by Psyclon »

BenKirb

• Discord Username: benkirb
    • YouTube
« Reply #144 on: January 06, 2023, 10:35:29 PM »

I will never be grateful to Retromatic because he hates me, and he doesn't want to rip the album (Production Toolbox#3) I've wanted since September! >:( 

gasp!
I have already removed you from my Buddy List.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2023, 10:39:53 PM by BenKirb »
Make sure to join the Library Music Central Discord server!

discord.gg/DEENUVmpeZ

Retromatic

• Curator of musical oddities
    • CD Inventory
« Reply #145 on: January 06, 2023, 11:00:39 PM »
gasp!
I have already removed you from my Buddy List.
[/quote]

Greta

• Administrator
« Reply #146 on: January 06, 2023, 11:34:23 PM »
Would you guys please stop with these childish and annoying exchanges?
Thanks.
G.

Greta

• Administrator
« Reply #147 on: January 07, 2023, 07:44:51 AM »
I was actually addressing both. Questions and answers.

« Last Edit: January 07, 2023, 07:48:47 AM by Greta »
G.

ChunYinZi

« Reply #148 on: January 07, 2023, 08:38:37 AM »

I think I'm partly to blame for this problem.

Because I was the one who first told you that the music was from Chameleon Music.

And I was the one who told you that Retromatic owned the album, so you can ask him.

And that led to Retromatic expressing their displeasure at your request.

Personally, I'm interested in Chameleon Music, and if I find a site that carries it, I'll buy it and share it with you.

If I'm not mistaken, you're about 14 years old, right? You're still immature, and maybe when you're older you'll think differently when you think about what you did for Chameleon Music.   

But at your age, it's rare for you to be interested in library music, and it reminds me of how I used to be.

Good luck!

Greta

• Administrator
« Reply #149 on: January 07, 2023, 10:21:25 AM »
Hi Greta
I think that ppl should be able to visit here without being repeatedly harassed if they don't want to share certain albums. I think the person who creates the problem should be reminded of courtesy. People can't expect to be named and shamed on here from disgruntled Children.

I'm in contact with both sides today, and I'm sure things will soon settle. So, just move on and forget about this matter now.
G.