Author Topic: Farfalla Records  (Read 23228 times)

Ditrysia

• Farfalla Records
Re: Farfalla Records
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2018, 12:11:49 PM »
Thanks  :)

Just added the release on Discogs: https://www.discogs.com/release/12777985

Jacky Giordano is one of my favorite french composers.
I didn't find much information on him, all I know is that he was born in 1945 and died on December 2012.
Sadly, his brother Henri (Troc) passed away last August. He also worked for the Pierre Arvay's label, he composed the Timing n° 13 "Brazil".

puppydog

« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2018, 06:16:08 PM »
Hi Ditrysia, thanks for the information. Sad to hear of Giordano's passing. He'll live on through his awesome music forever though. Hope your excellent comp. presages the reissue of more of his back catalogue.

Mr

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2018, 11:59:32 AM »
This looks great! I look forward to hearing it!

According to interviews with Bernard Fèvre, Giordano served as producer with L'Illustration Musicale. One could/should take this with a pinch of salt, of course, but some sources claim that the co-writing credit for the "Black Devil" LP was only added to recoup an investment in the project - though it seems more likely he served as lyricist. He seems to have been something of a sketchy character, particularly in his later years, and he is widely reported as having been arrested for fraud in 2007, one newspaper article mentioning him as a "repeat offender".
He was undoubtedly a brilliant composer, keyboardist and producer, though!

I don't know anything more about her, unfortunately, but in addition to Henri Giordano, Anne-Marie Olivier, who has a writing credit on Musax 100.007, seems to be related to the Giordano brothers, later taking the name Anne-Marie Giordano. A spouse, perhaps?

milliondollars

« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2018, 08:21:46 AM »
so great to see a compilation bringing Giordano's best Timing stuff together one one piece of plastic! makes listening to them so easy and convenient...

by the way, thanks for all those details about monsieur Giordano. so little information known but still, this is the best summary i know of.

Ditrysia

• Farfalla Records
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2018, 09:24:04 PM »
Interesting Mr. What's the record credited as AM Giordano?

Mr

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2018, 11:11:23 PM »
Musax 100.007 "Percussions" lists two cues by 'A. M. Olivier' - contemporary copyright paperwork reveals she now goes under the name Anne-Marie Giordano. I don't think she was credited on any LPs under this name, though.

Ditrysia

• Farfalla Records
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2018, 05:47:42 PM »
Yes probably a spouse. There are 153 works credited to her on the Sacem database (including one with Jacky as arranger).

What you were talking above comes from the Noisey interview. Bernard Fèvre said:
he told me "I produce your records, but I co-sign everything you do".
...Jacky Giordano never worked on it, he just made the lyrics of "Black Devil Disco Club".

for the french readers: https://noisey.vice.com/fr/article/ryvmex/bernard-fevre-black-devil-disco-interview-2015

Jacky was also probably behind the Musax label (according to the Discogs profil page).

Ditrysia

• Farfalla Records
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2019, 02:41:17 PM »
Hello everyone,
New annoucerment here: http://bit.ly/2LQZ16G
Big up Mr ;)

Ditrysia

• Farfalla Records
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2019, 09:45:32 PM »
Hello all,

We're back with our 4th release: Musax Background Music Library Vol. 1

Pre-order available on our Bandcamp (save 10% using the discount code "MBML1")
Listen here: http://bit.ly/2PCu2cW

le_tomval

• Tom Val Records
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2019, 07:20:45 AM »
Very cool idea to do a comp about Musax. Very curious about the future volumes you will do.