Author Topic: Sound Ideas CDs (1990-1999) [FLAC]  (Read 9797 times)

comicsrovio

Re: Sound Ideas CDs (1990-1999) [FLAC]
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2023, 08:30:11 AM »
Also, sorry for begging, but i need some albums that are missing, and some tracks that are discontinued. For example, this is a Sound Ideas' Music Catalog from 1988-1991. Here is the link for this catalog:

Title: SOUND IDEAS MUSIC CATALOG 1988 1991

I think someone from Youtube have those tracks. Check this channel:

hxxxs://www.youtube.com/@JBTrilhasdaTV/videos

Psyclon

• Depressed devil...
« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2023, 09:20:43 AM »
I didn't mean to stir up a discussion about "No donations - bad leecher" sort of things. I thought it might sound like so, and sadly it kinda hit into that direction. But let me give me my personal picture of it:

Retromatic is probably, besides ChunYinZi and Craig-UK (and one or two more) the one who publishes CDs or general 1990+ material. He is a very minority. I don't know how that sounds, probably a bit cheesy, but there is not much resonance "around here" for that material. Whilst record shares has a small tornado of users like Sub, Retronic, Greta, stackjackson, Fuzi, and all working together to fill gaps, share release dates, research about composers and all that "good mood" these threads ooze, Retromatic is (or was) very much alone here. When I looked up the missing release dates, I enjoyed he was glad about that and responded. I am not a psychologist, but I think for users like him, the incentive to be here and share is very low. Even when I discovered LMT, I first thought it's a record sharing website for jazz and retro kitsch. I kid you not. The whole looks of the forum banner and all. And the lack of interest in digital/CD releases in general (which I personally also faced when I firstly joined) which kind of alienate Retromatic and his gigantic collection of gems even more around here. The few responses can be summed up as: "We don't really care about CDs".

If we could start the same good vibes around this like "over there in the vinyl record section" and up the appreciation more, there might be more going on. As said many times before, I would contribute financially for someone else purchasing rare gems, but I don't want to do that alone and since I collect only maybe one or two tracks out of a disc, my contribuations would be small. The CD/>1990 sharing section has just no real "drive" going on.

I want to put emphasis that I do not want to divide the users here of any kind. We all have different interests and likes, and that is good. If you can't find the same sound, vibes et cetera on CD or digital releases, why should you bother? I do get that. Just like I leave out any release before 1975. I just want to speak out loud what is going on here very evidently - a hard cut between the record era and CD era. I like both sides of the fence as I collect music over 3 decades. Actually, we at LMT also completely leave out 2005 and later. So even there is some cut going on.

I hope I do not regret pouring out my soul here by hit "SUBMIT", but I gotta do voice that feeling I have.

Yohanes Salomo

• Yohanes Salomo
« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2023, 12:54:54 PM »
Also, sorry for begging, but i need some albums that are missing, and some tracks that are discontinued. For example, this is a Sound Ideas' Music Catalog from 1988-1991. Here is the link for this catalog:

Yeah it is. But i wanted the ones with the other version of those tracks (e.g. 60 seconds or 30 seconds version of those tracks). The only thing i wanted to find those rare tracks was from some websites. Has anyone have those? Please reply as soon as possible. Thanks!

comicsrovio

« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2023, 01:25:35 PM »

Yeah it is. But i wanted the ones with the other version of those tracks (e.g. 60 seconds or 30 seconds version of those tracks). The only thing i wanted to find those rare tracks was from some websites. Has anyone have those? Please reply as soon as possible. Thanks!

You can contact to that Youtube channel's email. Maybe he have them.

Sometimes what I need is just full length, and maybe underscore or alternative version of that track.

Yohanes Salomo

• Yohanes Salomo
« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2023, 03:28:26 PM »

You can contact to that Youtube channel's email. Maybe he have them.

Sometimes what I need is just full length, and maybe underscore or alternative version of that track.
Oh okay. Alright, i guess that's all. Thank you! ;D

BenKirb

• Discord Username: benkirb
    • YouTube
« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2023, 09:02:16 PM »
I didn't mean to stir up a discussion about "No donations - bad leecher" sort of things. I thought it might sound like so, and sadly it kinda hit into that direction. But let me give me my personal picture of it:

Retromatic is probably, besides ChunYinZi and Craig-UK (and one or two more) the one who publishes CDs or general 1990+ material. He is a very minority. I don't know how that sounds, probably a bit cheesy, but there is not much resonance "around here" for that material. Whilst record shares has a small tornado of users like Sub, Retronic, Greta, stackjackson, Fuzi, and all working together to fill gaps, share release dates, research about composers and all that "good mood" these threads ooze, Retromatic is (or was) very much alone here. When I looked up the missing release dates, I enjoyed he was glad about that and responded. I am not a psychologist, but I think for users like him, the incentive to be here and share is very low. Even when I discovered LMT, I first thought it's a record sharing website for jazz and retro kitsch. I kid you not. The whole looks of the forum banner and all. And the lack of interest in digital/CD releases in general (which I personally also faced when I firstly joined) which kind of alienate Retromatic and his gigantic collection of gems even more around here. The few responses can be summed up as: "We don't really care about CDs".

If we could start the same good vibes around this like "over there in the vinyl record section" and up the appreciation more, there might be more going on. As said many times before, I would contribute financially for someone else purchasing rare gems, but I don't want to do that alone and since I collect only maybe one or two tracks out of a disc, my contribuations would be small. The CD/>1990 sharing section has just no real "drive" going on.

I want to put emphasis that I do not want to divide the users here of any kind. We all have different interests and likes, and that is good. If you can't find the same sound, vibes et cetera on CD or digital releases, why should you bother? I do get that. Just like I leave out any release before 1975. I just want to speak out loud what is going on here very evidently - a hard cut between the record era and CD era. I like both sides of the fence as I collect music over 3 decades. Actually, we at LMT also completely leave out 2005 and later. So even there is some cut going on.

I hope I do not regret pouring out my soul here by hit "SUBMIT", but I gotta do voice that feeling I have.

I have an interest in library music CDs and I hope to collect them someday soon.
Make sure to join the Library Music Central Discord server!

discord.gg/DEENUVmpeZ

musica.incidental

« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2023, 09:33:33 PM »

Never regret expressing what you feel: I think it's good. It would also be interesting to hear Retromatic. I'd like to contribute money - there's a lot of music I've been wanting for years on both old and new records. I've even learned to enjoy library music itself: I've been able to gather 357,409 tracks from all sorts of libraries, many of them downloaded from here or from members here sharing on Soulseek. I play those songs randomly and listen to a cocktail of styles that takes me out of depression and makes me happy. Years ago, when I had the money to at least try, I wanted to buy Valentino's Evergreen series, I asked how much they sold it for, when the page was deleted: I never received an answer. Today I just can't pay for this type of music or donate, but I could do other things. My way of contributing, as I said before, could be another, but I don't know if this diffusion is of interest. Here, for example, I remusicalized a scene with themes from Sound Ideas obtained thanks to Retromatic. That music is not used in the original scene. Actually, from the experience I have in incidental music (library or not), it is a very minority world.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hw3unPvTDO4

BenKirb

• YouTube
« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2023, 05:05:47 AM »

I have an interest in library music CDs and I hope to collect them someday soon.
Actually, I already have a few CDs! The only problem is that I don't have a disc drive for playing them.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2023, 05:07:27 AM by BenKirb »

discord.gg/DEENUVmpeZ

libmusicfan

« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2023, 10:10:02 AM »

Actually, I already have a few CDs! The only problem is that I don't have a disc drive for playing them.

Easiest way to solve that is to get a cheap external CD/DVD drive.

BenKirb

• YouTube
« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2023, 02:41:36 PM »

Easiest way to solve that is to get a cheap external CD/DVD drive.
That's what I've been thinking about getting!
« Last Edit: March 16, 2023, 02:53:41 PM by BenKirb »

discord.gg/DEENUVmpeZ

Psyclon

• Depressed devil...
« Reply #40 on: March 16, 2023, 06:48:14 PM »
My problem is that I am collecting digitally. Buying a random disk and put it lonely on a shelf is just useless.
But adding a tenner or so into a big pot so the actual collector can buy the disk (and keep the copy) would be optimal.

And yes, I'd also like to know what Retromatic would say about that, but I am also sure that all this fuzz is not his cup of tea and he might actually be pretty annoyed by it.
I really don't know.  :-\

comicsrovio

« Reply #41 on: July 06, 2023, 04:02:28 PM »
Sorry if I post it wrong place.

A few months ago I discovered that another site used to have Sound Ideas tracks (is Audioblocks), including tracks from these CDs, but it was removed. So I looked up Web Archive and find out this site archive some search tag and music pages from Audioblocks (most from 2014 - 2015, although these tracks is still available on that site until around 2019 or something). I tried to get the preview links from those, and it turns out that those preview links still alive.

Until now I have downloaded 280+ tracks from these, although it's just for audition (and the audio quality is 96kbps). Now I decided to share these tracks. Most of them is in full length and alternative length version.

NOTE: I have renamed these files.

hxxxs://mega.nz/folder/vkMUGDhD#hebbusDT6Vg2H4PYjkY1ww

Craig-UK

• WCW Theme Database
« Reply #42 on: July 07, 2023, 08:46:16 AM »
Thank you for sharing all of those comicsrovio, I have tried to do the same with other sites, so it is goo dto see other attempt it too.

ChunYinZi

« Reply #43 on: July 07, 2023, 10:53:37 AM »

A few months ago I discovered that another site used to have Sound Ideas tracks (is Audioblocks), including tracks from these CDs, but it was removed. So I looked up Web Archive and find out this site archive some search tag and music pages from Audioblocks (most from 2014 - 2015, although these tracks is still available on that site until around 2019 or something). I tried to get the preview links from those, and it turns out that those preview links still alive.

Until now I have downloaded 280+ tracks from these, although it's just for audition (and the audio quality is 96kbps). Now I decided to share these tracks. Most of them is in full length and alternative length version.

Do you plan to download all the rest of them?

Or do you have all the SOUND IDEAS on the site?

I'm interested in that. In fact, some of the albums have been taken down.

Maybe you can get them back through Audioblocks

comicsrovio

« Reply #44 on: July 07, 2023, 02:34:40 PM »

Do you plan to download all the rest of them?

Or do you have all the SOUND IDEAS on the site?

I'm interested in that. In fact, some of the albums have been taken down.

Maybe you can get them back through Audioblocks

I'm still searching that, but it will need a lot of time and luck.

I'm currently contacting someone who have those Sound Ideas tracks, but I'm having some hesitant, because it was 128kbps.