Author Topic: FC-U17 Tropical Dreams  (Read 348 times)

ChunYinZi

FC-U17 Tropical Dreams
« on: May 06, 2024, 07:35:05 AM »

This album was released in 1992

It's currently out of production.

It's a very good jazz album

My personal favorites are

Track 1 Gentle Winds    And    Track 7 Waterfall.

htXXs://mega.nz/file/ZG9xyaTR#9aeNPjddVIuCKxhpsVSuY5o_lJd9RO9q-DppYaM6ITU

Dyo

Re: FC-U17 Tropical Dreams
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2024, 07:40:18 AM »
Thanks ChunYinZi,
Fills a hole in my collection.
greetings
dyo
aussieland

ChunYinZi

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2024, 07:45:41 AM »
Thanks ChunYinZi,
greetings
dyo
aussieland

My copy of FC-U17 is not in very good condition.

As you can see, it's got stains on the front and back cover.

But it's the clearest cover I could find.

I've been collecting Firstcom's discontinued albums.

I'm still missing FC-A22 Power Positive, which is the album I want the most right now.

I've been trying to find it on CD or WAV, but no luck.

comicsrovio

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2024, 08:46:20 AM »
Thanks ChunYinZi,
greetings
dyo
aussieland

I'm still missing FC-A22 Power Positive, which is the album I want the most right now.

Why don't you try to find it on lossy format first, such as MP3? But if you still want to hear it on lossless, don't worry, I appreciate that.

ChunYinZi

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2024, 08:56:36 AM »
Thanks ChunYinZi,
greetings
dyo
aussieland

Why don't you try to find it on lossy format first, such as MP3? But if you still want to hear it on lossless, don't worry, I appreciate that.

I own the MP3 of the album.

But I prefer wav, and I'm a strong defender of wav.

I'm a strong defender of wavs, especially the wavs you get when you rip a CD. 

Also, I have good equipment to listen to these wavs

nidostar

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2024, 12:00:52 PM »
Thank you for sharing FC-U17 ChunYinZi.

Though at the risk of starting a lengthy debate I am still curious why you are, as you say, "a strong defender of WAV". What do you consider are the advantages of WAV over FLAC or other lossless format?

ζBUS

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2024, 01:10:01 PM »
Another great share from ChunYinZi! Thank you!

comicsrovio

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2024, 01:54:30 PM »

Though at the risk of starting a lengthy debate I am still curious why you are, as you say, "a strong defender of WAV". What do you consider are the advantages of WAV over FLAC or other lossless format?

Similar topic about it can be found in General Dicussion. Please don't talk more about it here.

ChunYinZi

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2024, 07:20:20 PM »

Before I answer your question, I must admit

I can't hear the difference between flac and wav, even though I have very good equipment.

Even when I have good equipment and someone shares an album in flac, I don't intentionally convert it to wav to listen to it.

As for why I like wav?

The reason is simple, because it is my religion.

As a matter of fact, not to mention library music, even pop music, any music platform or mainstream music site only has lossless music in wav format, (and even the higher Hi-Res format.)

I wonder why they don't offer music in flac format? Wouldn't smaller files be better?

Later, I asked a few friends in the music industry, and they all gave the same answer, saying that the music industry generally dislikes flac and prefers wav format because it is the first format converted after mastering.

My understanding is that music loses something with multiple transitions, even if the human ear doesn't hear the difference.

But I still like the wavs I get from the first conversion and won't convert them again to flac to listen to them

Likewise, the music I share will be in wav format, so you can download it and convert it to flac yourselves.

BTW, my favorite is the wav that you get from ripping a CD

They are better than the wavs downloaded from some library music proxy sites using permissions

I can hear the difference, and the spectrogram shows the difference too

Because the wavs from the library music agents don't seem to be the original masters, they're forced to upgrade some of the highs and lows, and some of the demos are flawed, such as having a distracting sound at the beginning, or having an incomplete beginning that's missing 1-2 seconds, and they're not as good as the ones from the library music agents.

This requires the CD data to compensate.

hilbert

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2024, 08:12:28 PM »
Thank you, ChunYinZi!

nidostar

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2024, 08:34:11 PM »

Similar topic about it can be found in General Dicussion. Please don't talk more about it here.
Judging from your sharp rebuke it appears my post has somehow caused you some offence. In which case I apologise.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2024, 09:25:21 PM by nidostar »

nidostar

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2024, 08:41:02 PM »

Before I answer your question, I must admit

I can't hear the difference between flac and wav, even though I have very good equipment.

Even when I have good equipment and someone shares an album in flac, I don't intentionally convert it to wav to listen to it.

As for why I like wav?

The reason is simple, because it is my religion.

As a matter of fact, not to mention library music, even pop music, any music platform or mainstream music site only has lossless music in wav format, (and even the higher Hi-Res format.)

I wonder why they don't offer music in flac format? Wouldn't smaller files be better?

Later, I asked a few friends in the music industry, and they all gave the same answer, saying that the music industry generally dislikes flac and prefers wav format because it is the first format converted after mastering.

My understanding is that music loses something with multiple transitions, even if the human ear doesn't hear the difference.

But I still like the wavs I get from the first conversion and won't convert them again to flac to listen to them

Likewise, the music I share will be in wav format, so you can download it and convert it to flac yourselves.

BTW, my favorite is the wav that you get from ripping a CD

They are better than the wavs downloaded from some library music proxy sites using permissions

I can hear the difference, and the spectrogram shows the difference too

Because the wavs from the library music agents don't seem to be the original masters, they're forced to upgrade some of the highs and lows, and some of the demos are flawed, such as having a distracting sound at the beginning, or having an incomplete beginning that's missing 1-2 seconds, and they're not as good as the ones from the library music agents.

This requires the CD data to compensate.

Thanks ChunYinZi. I always find it interesting to learn about people's individual preferences re data formats. You raise some interesting points.

Yohanes Salomo

• Yohanes Salomo
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2024, 06:24:37 AM »
Thanks, my friend.