Author Topic: Funtastik Music CDs  (Read 839 times)

C201number2_1

Funtastik Music CDs
« on: April 18, 2024, 01:06:11 AM »
I'm looking for some Funtastik CDs to help me in compiling some CEEFAX tapes. I get that Retromatic has several CDs, but given the fact that I sent out for FUN1007 "Feeling Good" a while back, and have yet to hear back, it's safe to assume he's not presently taking those. In particular, any CDs that were used in the compilation of the Secret Crystal tape, I am in desperate need of - that is one of my favorite Funtastik compilations, mainly for the opening track, and to get some of the sources for that would be very neat. Any other CDs, though, would also be appreciated.

tonyc1971

Re: Funtastik Music CDs
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2024, 06:57:01 PM »
I've got a decent run of Funtastik cd's but sadly don't have this one.  I've been on the hunt via the usual auction website and Soulseek but nothing turned up yet.  Like you, I've used them to re-create the post 2000 Ceefax compilations.  Will post up if I obtain a copy.

slax69

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2024, 08:41:45 PM »
Too bad. I'd really really like to have a flac version of the track "Day Trippin'" from FUN1007.   :-\

C201number2_1

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2024, 01:14:15 AM »
I've got a decent run of Funtastik cd's but sadly don't have this one.  I've been on the hunt via the usual auction website and Soulseek but nothing turned up yet... Will post up if I obtain a copy.

There is one guy who's selling all the Easy Listening series on ebay for rather cheap... also has FUN1005 and FUN1006 there as well... all of them are 10 pounds, or $12.44, each. I'll see if I can't get that link to you. But while I'm here, what CDs do you have? Just interested.

testcard

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2024, 01:23:37 AM »
I've got a decent run of Funtastik cd's but sadly don't have this one.  I've been on the hunt via the usual auction website and Soulseek but nothing turned up yet... Will post up if I obtain a copy.

There is one guy who's selling all the Easy Listening series on ebay for rather cheap... also has FUN1005 and FUN1006 there as well... all of them are 10 pounds, or $12.44, each. I'll see if I can't get that link to you. But while I'm here, what CDs do you have? Just interested.
I have FUN1006 flac format,This album has been uploaded on the forum.

I don't have FUN1005。

I have FUN1007 mp3.
English is not my mother tongue, so there are often mistakes in writing. Please forgive me. I will try to improve.

tonyc1971

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2024, 03:36:40 PM »
I’ve got those cds Testcard so save your money. When I get home I’ll upload them to a folder and share with you and anyone else who is interested. The guy that got them from is still selling some duplicates on eBay

C201number2_1

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2024, 01:27:47 AM »
It has? Where exactly was it posted? I searched it up, and it didn't show up. And if it's a John_Fred post, then is more than likely the link is dead. That CD is much appreciated, as it has Secret Crystal on it.

I’ve got those cds Testcard so save your money. When I get home I’ll upload them to a folder and share with you and anyone else who is interested. The guy that got them from is still selling some duplicates on eBay

welp, we're back after a little intermission - about that folder?

testcard

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2024, 02:21:29 AM »
It has? Where exactly was it posted? I searched it up, and it didn't show up. And if it's a John_Fred post, then is more than likely the link is dead. That CD is much appreciated, as it has Secret Crystal on it.

welp, we're back after a little intermission - about that folder?

There has been a fault in the forum and many posts have been deleted.

English is not my mother tongue, so there are often mistakes in writing. Please forgive me. I will try to improve.

John_Fred

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2024, 05:35:50 AM »
I'm more than likely in the same position as everyone else in regard to Funtastik Music, here.

I've got a few in FLAC, (thanks to those who have shared), but the majority I have are in lossy mp3 and some of those are incomplete.

Weirdly enough, it's the opposite of the usual way of doing things in regard to test card tapes.  In that, I've tried to make entire CDs from tapes, rather than use acquired CDs, (in digital form, I hasten to add), to make test card tapes.  Which is why there's a significant number of them that are incomplete.  Adding to that, the issue regarding proper names due to the, 'Gibbs-ification', of test card tracks, not to mention the problem of not knowing tracks from CDs which haven't appeared within test card tapes which you have no idea of the titles of, having never heard them, and even if you have, having no way of identifying them.  The only way of trying to match any tracks found is by comparing duration, but even that's hit and miss.

Just for the hell of it, I'll list the incomplete titles I have, purely to compare.  Tracks shown are what I have.

FUN 1003 - Atmospheres 1 - Tracks 1,2,3,5,6,17,21,23,25,26,29,30,32
FUN 1005 - Leisure - Tracks 3,4,7,8,9,14,17,18,19,38
FUN 1007 - Feeling Good - Tracks 1,2,4,5,6,7,9-12,14-21,23,25,28,30
FUN 1008 - 50 grooves And Backtracks - Tracks 11,15,20,21,28,35,37,39,40,42,43,44
FUN 1010 - Danger/War - Tracks 1,2,5,8-10,12,14,17,19-24,31-33,40-48,52-54,58-60,67-69
FUN 1011 - Comedy Cuts 'm' Capers - Tracks 1-10,12-16,20-22,25-32,36,41-49,51,62,54,55,57
FUN 1019 - Semi-Chilled - Tracks 1-23,25-31,37,38,42
FUN 1031 - Christmas CD1 - Tracks 1-15, 20-27, 32-35  CD2 - All tracks
FUN 1032 - Easy Listening 10 - All except track 18
FUN 1034 - Easy Listening 11 - All except track 11

C201number2_1

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2024, 12:35:24 AM »

OK, but do you actually have the CD in FLAC still? Or were you relying on that post still being up? If you have FUN1006 in FLAC, that would be very helpful.

...Adding to that, the issue regarding proper names due to the, 'Gibbs-ification', of test card tracks...

Two notes to John_Fred:
1 - That's where some genius by the name of IridescentAudio comes into play - from time to time, they've posted partial de-gibbsified track lists (partial only because the entire program wasn't played) in the comments of CEEFAX videos on Youtube, and they luckily did one for an outing of Secret Crystal on the 6th March 2000, which got through to 15 tracks (14 of which they actually remembered). That video should be easy to find, so I won't bother pasting the entire track listing here.

2 - Not necessarily on the subject of Funtastik, but could you possibly reupload the several CEEFAX tapes you posted on the forum? All of the links are dead.

John_Fred

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2024, 02:50:43 PM »

OK, but do you actually have the CD in FLAC still? Or were you relying on that post still being up? If you have FUN1006 in FLAC, that would be very helpful.

...Adding to that, the issue regarding proper names due to the, 'Gibbs-ification', of test card tracks...

Two notes to John_Fred:
1 - That's where some genius by the name of IridescentAudio comes into play - from time to time, they've posted partial de-gibbsified track lists (partial only because the entire program wasn't played) in the comments of CEEFAX videos on Youtube, and they luckily did one for an outing of Secret Crystal on the 6th March 2000, which got through to 15 tracks (14 of which they actually remembered). That video should be easy to find, so I won't bother pasting the entire track listing here.

2 - Not necessarily on the subject of Funtastik, but could you possibly reupload the several CEEFAX tapes you posted on the forum? All of the links are dead.
I've seen the youtube video you mentioned and took advantage of it to restore the proper names of the tracks included.   All Robin Jap tunes, so not that difficult to discover, (assuming you have a copy of the appropriate Funtastik CDs, of course!)

I've also updated the links to the Ceefax tapes you're interested in, in the other section of the LMT. 

tonyc1971

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2024, 08:59:58 PM »
I'm having a mare with my Broadband at the moment as there is a fault on the line so using my mobile at the moment so can't upload all the albums tonight.  The joys of living in a small village in the middle of nowhere !  However, I'm moving over to a new provider that is installing FTTP which should provide 500mbps down/up synchronous speeds.  So, if the install goes well tomorrow, I'll upload the rest of the albums to this folder which is below...

FUNTASTIK MUSIC FOLDER
http$://mega.nz/folder/fhMjlRpD#Bl0NxmbR1B692q-0HTQaLw

As a taster, I've included FUN 1006 as requested.  More to follow (hopefully tomorrow !)

C201number2_1

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2024, 12:29:27 AM »
Two things in this post:
First off, thank you for posting FUN1006 - This also provides 2 tracks for 2007 Sequence A, 4 tracks for The Fourth Reason, 5 tracks for Edge of Blue (in both of it's forms), and 7 tracks for Graceful Moves. Can't wait to see the rest of the albums you have!
Secondly, and this one is for John_Fred, thank you for reuploading the 4+3+2 post! I'm not even gonna ask about the Just For Now/Just For Fun post, and the I Love NYE 2003 post, because there's so much material in the one you did reupload!

John_Fred

« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2024, 05:32:03 AM »
Two things in this post:
First off, thank you for posting FUN1006 - This also provides 2 tracks for 2007 Sequence A, 4 tracks for The Fourth Reason, 5 tracks for Edge of Blue (in both of it's forms), and 7 tracks for Graceful Moves. Can't wait to see the rest of the albums you have!
Secondly, and this one is for John_Fred, thank you for reuploading the 4+3+2 post! I'm not even gonna ask about the Just For Now/Just For Fun post, and the I Love NYE 2003 post, because there's so much material in the one you did reupload!
I've now updated the links to those tapes mentioned.

nidostar

« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2024, 08:40:16 AM »
Following this thread with interest. Thank you Tony for 1006. Looking forward to further additions as they become available.