Author Topic: Patchwork WANTLIST  (Read 611 times)

sj_beat

Patchwork WANTLIST
« on: March 14, 2024, 07:38:25 AM »
Hello friends) I'm looking for this records in FLAC -
Tony Barthele – Big Bass (PW 7)

J.P. Desvernois* – Music Shop N°2 (PW 23)

Various – Rythmiques Et Percussions (MC 71)

Thanks for watching

ChunYinZi

Re: Patchwork WANTLIST
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2024, 10:15:41 AM »
htXXs://mega.nz/file/dGVn1bBa#TvzXM-KN5vkaXAnBZ02Ef99yWSZ6X6-GYU9D-ydjNcM

sj_beat

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2024, 12:55:39 PM »
Thanks so much , ChunYinZi  :D

danthemusiclover

• DMG
    • Eternas Ondas Musicales
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2024, 02:17:06 PM »
Thanks ChunYinZi for the aportation, but I prefer a FLAC file exported from a vinyl copy.
LMT my safe place.

inmargarper

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2024, 02:33:30 PM »
My dear PW 23!! Thanks ChunYinZi.

Ene

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2024, 01:25:41 PM »
Great albums, it's a pity that the download speed is downright dramatic. Anyway, thank you

Psyclon

• Depressed devil...
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2024, 01:58:08 PM »
Thanks ChunYinZi for the aportation, but I prefer a FLAC file exported from a vinyl copy.

I am now curious: Why is that? Those uploads from ChunYinZi are often from the master (tapes) from the very labels - why would you want to have anything less and then even that as FLAC? "Surface noise unaltered" :D ?
Look, I have paid money for a plugin called SKETCH CASSETTE which emulates incredibly well the hiss, wow, flutter, wear of compact cassettes. It is a joy in itself. But I use these filters on my fine copies. Is there something very special to the sound of a recorded LP that that you want something so random like the wear of a played vinyl in your files? I am very intrigued!

Yes, I heard the awesome quality of the SELECTED SOUND recordings which are awesome compared to the APM versions, but most of the other stuff seem to be fine.

danthemusiclover

• DMG
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2024, 03:33:38 PM »
Because the files that uploaded by Universal Music Group itself are compressed in MP3, or at least in my opinion. It's not the same quality as vinyl and I bet they added noise reduction to all their remasters.

Are you serious? If so, it would be fascinating to be able to simulate the sound effect of Dolby type B or type S reductions in editing programs. That's what you mean, right? Or is Sketch Cassette just a basic audio editing program like Audacity or WavePad?

Honestly, the issue here is that I don't like remastered editions because I notice that they have lost a lot of quality than the original vinyl could have. Although I must say that some other remasters from other well-known libraries remaster it to very good quality.

But at the end, as long as the songs can be heard, that's what I'm happy with. But thanks to lessons I learned here on this site, it better be a lossy compressed file rather than a file that takes up too much space and also tries to look like it's lossless when it actually doesn't is.
LMT my safe place.

Fuzi

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2024, 05:05:54 AM »

Here's MC 71 for you, with the grooves and organic dust particles:)
LP FLAC: pixeldrain.com/u/Qfip7BYy
Life with ⓁⓂⓉ is so rich!

danthemusiclover

• DMG
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2024, 11:38:00 PM »
Thanks Fuzi for the reupload and a8detective for the rip.

Now it sounds much better, I notice it is cleaner, thank you very much!
LMT my safe place.