Author Topic: Serena Marega  (Read 998 times)

Greta

• Administrator
Serena Marega
« on: January 03, 2022, 11:32:45 AM »
Real name Serenella Marega.

As said in the "Climax" post here https://librarymusicthemes.com/index.php?topic=8074.0, her output is very scarce, and it's a pity because she demonstrate a great talent in my opinion, in every piece of music (experimental/electronic) I've heard till now.

Together with Rocco we managed to find some further info on her, and even some music.

Serenella was part of a project called "Gruppo NPS" where NPS stands for Nuove Proposte Sonore.
The project was founded by Teresa Rampazzi, one of the very very early electronic experimenter in Italy (along with Pietro Grossi), together with Ennio Chiggio, an artist and theorist of "programmed and kinetic arts", in 1964 in Padova, Italy.
One year later, in 1965, the group was joined by Serenella Marega together with Memo Alfonsi and Gianni Meiners, and three years later joined by Giovanni De Poli, Patrizia Gracis, Giorgio Loviscek, Luciano Menini, Alvise Vidolin and Serena Vivi.
Here is an interesting article about Teresa Rampazzi, where you can read also about Gruppo NPS and Serenella Marega:
https://www.treccani.it/enciclopedia/teresa-rampazzi_(Dizionario-Biografico)/

The Gruppo NPS project lasted till 1972 when Teresa Rampazzi was appointed teacher of the extraordinary course of electronic music at the conservatory of Padova (the third in Italy), but serenella Marega left the Gruppo NPS in 1968.
In that three years period, Serenella contributed with many compositions of the Gruppo NPS.
Here is a table of all the NPS works from 1965 to 1972, where you can see Marega's involvement:

And here a nice picture of some of the members of Gruppo NPS:

Well, here are some flac rips of the Gruppo NPS and Teresa Rampazzi.
In the zip you'll find:
Gruppo NPS - Nuove Proposte Sonore 1965-1972
Teresa Rampazzi - Immagini Per Diana Baylon
Teresa Rampazzi, Gruppo NPS - Musica Endoscopica

And stay tuned, because I know for sure that a rip of Nazionalmusic 1021 Supermarket N.3 with music by Paolo Renosto but with a track by Serena Marega called "Echi Lunari", is coming soon!

Enjoy.
racaty.net/j3i7nxl4y0vy
« Last Edit: March 10, 2022, 03:58:30 PM by Greta »
G.

Rocco

Re: Serena Marega
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2022, 03:37:00 AM »
Thanks a lot, Greta, for the very interesting post and the beautiful albums. Great music indeed, what a trip!
All the research work behind these compositions is really stunning and fascinating.

wfoster00

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2022, 12:35:30 AM »
Thank you

tezeta

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2022, 05:40:44 PM »
Thanks so much for all this useful info. Very exciting that that Nazionalmuzik LP is in the pipe!  :o ;D

LMTH303

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2022, 02:23:24 AM »
Very nice research work Greta and Rocco...and very interesting infos about Gruppo NPS (Nuove Proposte Sonore)...and the audio files are mesmerizing...thank you!

Greta

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2022, 03:06:57 PM »
Thanks again to Rocco, who pointed me out to a couple of Nazionalmusic recently posted on Discogs.
Here the two links:
Nazionalmusic N.1020 - Supermarket N.2 - https://www.discogs.com/it/release/22374451-Various-Supermarket-N2
Nazionalmusic N.1027 - Supermarket N.8 - https://www.discogs.com/it/release/22374802-The-Old-Tymers-Group-Supermarket-N8

And here the additions to our database: https://librarymusicthemes.com/index.php?topic=373.0

I've been consulting the SIAE database, and discovered that some tracks from Nazionalmusic 1020-Supermarket N.2, are written by Serena Marega.
More precisely, all the side B, which are 5 tracks, "Piattaforma Spaziale, "Messaggi Interplanetari", "Cantus", "Cosmo Jazz", "Cicaleccio Nello Spazio".
Side A is composed by David Hoyt Kimball (with the only doubt about track "Settecento" which I didn't find on SIAE).

Now...a new hunting just started. Those titles are just making me dreaming...
Please, if someone has more infos about Nazionalmusic 1020, please post.
Rear/labels images for example, or even some samples, or maybe a whole rip?

a funny side note: looks that 1020 is my number, as I'm hardly after NRE 1020 too!!
« Last Edit: March 10, 2022, 04:05:38 PM by Greta »
G.

Greta

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2022, 03:33:07 PM »
Just decided to move this topic in it's proper section.

I take the opportunity to point here a brief summary of Marega's output (known at this point):

[Iller] - IL 1 - Climax (the whole B side) (download here: https://librarymusicthemes.com/index.php?topic=8074.0)
[Nazionalmusic] - N.1020 - Supermarket N.2 (the whole B side)
[Nazionalmusic] - N.1021 - Supermarket N.3 (track B4) (download here: https://librarymusicthemes.com/index.php?topic=8108.msg58375#msg58375)
[Le Monde] - LMR 1252 - Atmoshere N.1 (tracks B5, B6) (download here: racaty.net/04pcswr814zo)

As member of Gruppo NPS (see above), some re-issue by the label [Die Schachtel]
« Last Edit: March 11, 2022, 08:54:41 AM by Greta »
G.

Jaeger

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2022, 06:12:35 PM »
Hey guys...

... can you please re-up Gruppo NPS - Nuove Proposte Sonore 1965-1972
Teresa Rampazzi - Immagini Per Diana Baylon
Teresa Rampazzi, Gruppo NPS - Musica Endoscopica ?

I listed Supermarket N°2 and 8 but I don't own these copies and I even didn't listened to them. A friend has them both but he is not interested to share them digitally. I asked him to send me photos of the covers so it's possible to hunt a copy on Discogs... I really love the Supermarket series and I'm collecting it too so hopefully we all got the complete series one day! 😎

Serenella Marega and Gruppo NPS are beautiful artists of a stunning genre in library music. It's wonderful to know that some guys feel the same way I feel. Please don't hesitate to contact me via pm. I'm always open minded for deep conversations about italian library. Recently I had a chat with relatives of Amedeo Tommasi and I was able to buy a copy of biologia marina. Besides that italian topic I also had a E-Mail correspondence with Gerhard Narholz and it turned out that he appreciates the love people like me and you give to his œvre.

Have a nice day @Greta @Rocco @LMTH303 @Tezeta @wfoster00

Best, J

Greta

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2022, 08:06:49 PM »
Hello Jaeger.
Sure, I will re-up those tomorrow!
G.

Jaeger

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2022, 08:33:07 PM »