Author Topic: Ennio Morricone's Most Funkiest, Jazziest, Psychdelic sounds?  (Read 680 times)

stylesforfree

Ennio Morricone's Most Funkiest, Jazziest, Psychdelic sounds?
« on: February 27, 2024, 10:39:59 PM »
I came across this track today:

Never have I heard such a style of music by Ennio Morricone, it has hints of psychedelic rock, free jazz fusion and funk. I actually went on the hunt for more information as to who the musicians might have been but nothing has turned up yet.

So what soundtracks/albums of his are actually worth checking out that aren't the usual romantic, grandiose, big sombre orchestral sounds by the man himself?

Is this just a one off track?

What other soundtrack or library music is like this that I can listen to??

fournuke

Re: Ennio Morricone's Most Funkiest, Jazziest, Psychdelic sounds?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2024, 03:29:57 AM »
Maybe not the answer you're looking for (if you already know it, i think it's quite famous), but made me think of this https://www.discogs.com/fr/master/691544-The-Feed-Back-The-Feed-back
Don't remember / maybe never known really how much he took part in this but i've always enjoyed the title track.

hxxps://pixeldrain.com/u/SBA54GNu

https://www.discogs.com/fr/artist/146775-Gruppo-di-Improvvisazione-Nuova-Consonanza

" In addition to concerts, the group issued a series of albums and contributed to many scores by group member Ennio Morricone"
« Last Edit: March 03, 2024, 03:48:42 AM by fournuke »

Sluggo

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2024, 07:46:39 PM »
Here's the soundtrack in FLAC:

pixeldrain.com/u/qUhHZwwo

First heard this on his Crime & Dissonance compilation from the early 2000s. Just looked at my rip and its only 128. If I can find the actual CDs I'll re-rip it to FLAC as it's all like this cut.

Any of the Maestro's late 60s early 70s soundtracks all had cuts like these and are worth hearing IMHO.

keir

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2024, 05:33:45 PM »
here's the 24-track version (of Una Lucertola Con La Pelle Di Donna) hxxps://we.tl/t-y0L7pglG64

siznak

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2024, 06:42:20 PM »
"Ancora ad Est" is great on that OST too. Similar drum rhythm to "Come Maddalena" from the MADDALENA OST.

sj_beat

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2024, 06:08:56 AM »
keir , thank you for 24 bit )  8]
« Last Edit: March 06, 2024, 10:51:39 PM by sj_beat »