Author Topic: the what-you-got thread (latest purchase/acquisition)  (Read 39832 times)

Retronic

• Administrator
Re: the what-you-got thread (latest purchase/acquisition)
« Reply #45 on: June 02, 2018, 07:07:24 PM »
Picked up a handful of fillers (and I do mean fillers- nothing very good).  I got some of the missing Brutons for £2-£3 - some BRR's on Bruton and some other mid-80's Brutons. I picked up a couple of replacement KPMs for pennies to replace old battered copies.

milliondollars

« Reply #46 on: June 06, 2018, 06:52:33 AM »
finally was able to complete Colours In Rhythm series on Apollo. i know it's only 8 records but it took me quite some time to get all of them for reasonable prices...

will post a picture of the full set some time later. love the sleeve design and the two colour variation. some great music on them, too!

now i need to nail Melody & Rhythm but i don't have a single vol. from that series yet  ::) ;D

milliondollars

« Reply #47 on: June 14, 2018, 05:44:33 PM »
really enjoy these...

roope

« Reply #48 on: June 19, 2018, 09:08:21 PM »
I recently got a bunch of 80's Chappell for almost nothing. I didn't have an idea how good some of the albums were. I'm really digging all of them, especially Electronic (CHAP 001), Wildlife / Nature (CHAP AV 019) and Environmental Images (CHAP AV 024). Have these been shared yet? If not I'm happy to do that at some point. I'm also open for recommendations in the red and blue series (Rhodos, Sea/Water and most of the "Electronic" albums I'm already aware of).

Retronic

• Administrator
« Reply #49 on: June 24, 2018, 06:02:01 PM »
I just had a mini splurge on Discogs- about 6 LPC Chappell (older mid 60’s ones) and about 15 Parry gap fillers. My buying is generally sporadic. I’m ripping a lot of stuff at the moment and as I’m searching for tracks it highlights gaps and then before I know it... fortune spent on Discogs...

Mr Rain

• Mr Rain Music
« Reply #50 on: July 06, 2018, 02:37:22 PM »
I bought a box of Sylvester Music and De Wolfe 10" after just a random flick through it. On getting home, I was delighted to find a few Basil Kirchin, Abstractions of the Industrial North being my favourite. I only started buying library records a few months ago so I am easily pleased  ;D

Retronic

• Administrator
« Reply #51 on: July 06, 2018, 05:20:45 PM »
Sounds like a great haul Mr R!

Big Archive

« Reply #52 on: July 07, 2018, 07:58:10 AM »
I will be honest...

I got nothing :-(

Mr Rain

• Mr Rain Music
« Reply #53 on: July 15, 2018, 09:53:19 AM »
I thought I had exhausted my local supply but I walked in today and found this lot waiting for me. I'm so glad I mentioned library music to the guy.

Mr

• Administrator
« Reply #54 on: July 15, 2018, 02:24:35 PM »
My lord, what a catch! Congrats!

Retronic

• Administrator
« Reply #55 on: July 15, 2018, 07:01:56 PM »
Crikey O’Riley!   Tha is a catch.  Some rare ones there!

milliondollars

« Reply #56 on: July 16, 2018, 09:54:59 AM »
that is just bonkers!  :o :o :o
congratulations!!! a haul like that - you won't find every day in 2018...

Mr Rain

• Mr Rain Music
« Reply #57 on: July 16, 2018, 03:10:22 PM »
Yes, quite fortunate. It looks like the two Basil Kirchins in particular are quite rare and/or desirable. I give myself a little bit of credit for uncovering these as, having seen he had a reasonable number of De Wolfe LPs, I suggested he may have some 10". I'd noticed them in Discogs while looking up the LPs. He initially said he didn't think so but obviously went rummaging in his store room and this is the second batch he's found. He thinks that's it now except for an outside chance he may have some 78s.
I guess this has been mutually beneficial. I've been able to start my library collection and got some very desirable records at a very good price. He's made a few hundred SGD that he may never have made had I not walked into his shop.
Having said that, I admit I've been lucky but, hey, I was due a bit of good luck  :D

Retronic

• Administrator
« Reply #58 on: July 16, 2018, 03:27:30 PM »
Well done!!!! Great stash and they now have a good home.

GabeMcNicols

« Reply #59 on: July 17, 2018, 08:35:54 PM »
This is my very first library purchase, courtesy of Amazon.uk. Everyone has such a massive(impressive) collection, that quite frankly, I feel a little odd posting this... but here goes.