Author Topic: Prevue Guide Theme  (Read 508 times)

BenKirb

• Discord Username: benkirb
    • YouTube
Prevue Guide Theme
« on: February 15, 2024, 07:47:32 PM »
Hello.

Would anyone here possibly know where the track used as the 1988 Prevue Guide theme came from?
Me and a few others believe it came from James & Aster.

Thanks in advance!
Benjamin
Make sure to join the Library Music Central Discord server!

discord.gg/DEENUVmpeZ

BenKirb

• YouTube
Re: Prevue Guide Theme
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2024, 04:07:58 AM »
Another track that's presumably from James & Aster was used in this old HDTV demo (starting at 01:57).

hxxps://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1Rt411J7Tq/

discord.gg/DEENUVmpeZ

BenKirb

• YouTube
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2024, 07:26:25 AM »
Another track that's presumably from James & Aster was used in this old HDTV demo (starting at 01:57).

I just found out that this is actually a Sound Ideas track composed by Brian Nimens.

Adventures in Paradise, from Smooth Sailing:
hxxps://pdinfo.com/sound-ideas/smooth-sailing.php

discord.gg/DEENUVmpeZ

Yohanes Salomo

• Yohanes Salomo
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2024, 12:25:03 PM »

I just found out that this is actually a Sound Ideas track composed by Brian Nimens.

Ouya! That's right! And his courtesy name is Craig Austin, which i believe that was the courtesy name of Brian Nimens.

Also, wait a minute! That music seemed different to me. Doesn't sound like the one on both of these 2 videos, but, i believe it has a different versions from both pre-1993 (which is from 1988) and post-1993 (which was revised).
« Last Edit: April 18, 2024, 05:10:38 PM by Yohanes Salomo »

comicsrovio

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2024, 01:48:45 PM »

That tracks (along with the whole album) is already shared by Retromatic.

Plus, I remember someone also post the same Track ID topic for this video, but that video contains music only.

Yohanes Salomo

• Yohanes Salomo
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2024, 05:14:16 PM »

Ouya! That's right! And his courtesy name is Craig Austin, which i believe that was the courtesy name of Brian Nimens.

Also, wait a minute! That music seemed different to me. Doesn't sound like the one on both of these 2 videos, but, i believe it has a different versions from both pre-1993 (which is from 1988) and post-1993 (which was revised).
Oh wait. What? D'oh! Eureka! Nevermind. It does sound like one in the video below at 2:01. :o :o :o

Here's the music at 2:01 in the video below:

But still need to find the music that sounds like this on 2nd video:

But, thanks to my good Indian friend guy, Ravi Nathwani, i do have some handful of music tracks from Sound Ideas. But i don't know which sounds like the one in that video. But i'm so glad that i'm so grateful for what i got. But the search for this one still continue...

By the way, that music from 2nd video sounds like it was composed by Craig Austin to me, but i don't know. The search is still going on...
« Last Edit: April 18, 2024, 06:22:33 PM by Yohanes Salomo »

Veraneio

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2024, 08:00:13 PM »

Oh wait. What? D'oh! Eureka! Nevermind. It does sound like one in the video below at 2:01. :o :o :o

Here's the music at 2:01 in the video below:

But still need to find the music that sounds like this on 2nd video:

But, thanks to my good Indian friend guy, Ravi Nathwani, i do have some handful of music tracks from Sound Ideas. But i don't know which sounds like the one in that video. But i'm so glad that i'm so grateful for what i got. But the search for this one still continue...

By the way, that music from 2nd video sounds like it was composed by Craig Austin to me, but i don't know. The search is still going on...
that track from the 2nd video sounds like one of the 2 last tracks played on this video
this unknown library was overused in Brazil back in 1990-1996. For 6 months, I'm trying to get a info about this library with a employee from a local TV network which still using those tracks.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2024, 08:05:17 PM by Veraneio »

Yohanes Salomo

• Yohanes Salomo
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2024, 08:46:40 PM »
that track from the 2nd video sounds like one of the 2 last tracks played on this video
this unknown library was overused in Brazil back in 1990-1996. For 6 months, I'm trying to get a info about this library with a employee from a local TV network which still using those tracks.
Ah! That was an amazing marvelous music from an unknown music library we could not know. I assume that it will be James & Aster, or even better, CSS Music or Gene Michael Productions Music (GMP Music) (but it's not from 1988 i think, but that'll do), or might be something that's unknown. :-\
« Last Edit: April 18, 2024, 08:55:55 PM by Yohanes Salomo »

JB Jhonatan

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2024, 01:01:27 AM »
Ah! That was an amazing marvelous music from an unknown music library we could not know. I assume that it will be James & Aster, or even better, CSS Music or Gene Michael Productions Music (GMP Music) (but it's not from 1988 i think, but that'll do), or might be something that's unknown. :-\
I've also been looking for them for almost three years. I even made a compilation with tracks from this unknown music library.

comicsrovio

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2024, 05:09:17 PM »
Hello.

Would anyone here possibly know where the track used as the 1988 Prevue Guide theme came from?
Me and a few others believe it came from James & Aster.

Thanks in advance!
Benjamin
An alternative mix can be heard in this video:

I think this version was intended for releasing public (maybe).

Veraneio

« Reply #10 on: Today at 04:35:46 PM »
I've also been looking for them for almost three years. I even made a compilation with tracks from this unknown music library.

anyways, this library sounds like the british "Match Music Library" tracks composed by "Steve Martin" back in the 80s (i guess that unknown library from this video is related to Match library and his composer) i don't know if it was a buyout library containing a box of CDs and distributed only in Brazil or a european leased discontinued sub-label.
« Last Edit: Today at 05:42:46 PM by Veraneio »