Author Topic: Chichester & Winchester Hospital Radio Label CD's  (Read 1213 times)

chad1969

Re: Chichester & Winchester Hospital Radio Label CD's
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2024, 06:44:03 AM »
Thanks from me also. I sent an email to Stephen Wills initially, but his reply was rather disappointing. I agree it is puzzling why they go to the trouble of making the music available for the first time ever, decades after it was recorded, but then make it so difficult for people to get hold of - especially as the proceeds go to charity. I thought I'd put my name on the HMV mailing list for any future releases. Let's hope 'Salute to the Soundtracks' will turn up somewhere soon.

Malcyb

« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2024, 12:36:39 PM »
Hello.
I know Steven well. It is not cheap to do a small run. He has to cover his costs and be sure there is enough demand out there.
The demand is by no means as you may think it is to keep doing repeat runs. Plus a lot of those tracks are on a one-off licence deal. The work that is involved in trying to re-license is very time consuming too. Not easy for a one man band.
If you join The Test Card Circle I know people would be happy to share as most members of the TCC have all these CD's. plus some that you may not know about!!!
http://www.testcardcircle.org.uk/ABOUT.HTML

nidostar

« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2024, 05:33:40 PM »
The demand is by no means as you may think it is to keep doing repeat runs. Plus a lot of those tracks are on a one-off licence deal. The work that is involved in trying to re-license is very time consuming too. Not easy for a one man band.
Thank you Malcolm. I suspected that there may be licensing issues preventing additional runs. It's always about the paperwork - oh, and the financial outlay. A shame.