Author Topic: Chichester & Winchester Hospital Radio Label CD's  (Read 1246 times)

chad1969

Chichester & Winchester Hospital Radio Label CD's
« on: February 03, 2024, 06:11:58 PM »
I was wondering if anyone would be kind enough to share their copy of any of the wonderful Chichester/ Winchester Hospital Radio label CD's, The links from last years threads are no longer active ?
I have the original, single CD version of 'Girl in a Suitcase' from 2001, but would love a FLAC copy of the upgraded 2 CD version from 2009.
Also, any of the others, including 'Lost in Transmission', Department TV,  All Soundtracks Great & Small, Sky's the Limit & 33 other TV Themes and from last year 'Themes of the Century'

Thanks.

WSBG Returns Yet Again!

Re: Chichester & Winchester Hospital Radio Label CD's
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2024, 07:22:33 PM »
This should go in the Requests section.
Peace, Love, and Library Music!

Retronic

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2024, 07:23:20 PM »
Moved for you

nidostar

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2024, 08:28:28 PM »
I was wondering if anyone would be kind enough to share their copy of any of the wonderful Chichester/ Winchester Hospital Radio label CD's, The links from last years threads are no longer active ?
I have the original, single CD version of 'Girl in a Suitcase' from 2001, but would love a FLAC copy of the upgraded 2 CD version from 2009.
Also, any of the others, including 'Lost in Transmission', Department TV,  All Soundtracks Great & Small, Sky's the Limit & 33 other TV Themes and from last year 'Themes of the Century'

Thanks.
Intermission Impossible maybe? It's here ==> ht**s://mega.nz/file/Z1ZmgahT#bpkhUOk10kOCurcWhlV5r0jQQ9YhrhPCJjDCOZtdaWg

More to follow unless someone beats me to it. Upload speed here is escargot pace!

nidostar

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2024, 11:15:43 PM »
Here's Girl In A Suitcase Upgraded in FLAC ==> ht**s://mega.nz/file/5tYiXRbY#s8m3JVMKHs4sCPuovKbBKBPSt6PDWXJXYcbE_82EV5A

I only have the original, single CD Girl In A Suitcase release in MP3. If you were able to share a FLAC version of your copy, @chad1969, it would be very much appreciated.

chad1969

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2024, 09:22:06 AM »
Many thanks for those two nidostar, greatly appreciated, and I look forward to getting hold of as many of the others as possible. Here is my lossless uncompressed copy of 'Girl in a Suitcase' - 3 tracks were changed on the Upgraded version, but this is the whole thing in case someone else wants it.

https://mega.nz/file/4C1mTJ4D#k0JAypu3LbWLQXzfWxxQZ4DWji4YC0oZqkQ319PuTzU

nidostar

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2024, 12:04:48 PM »
Many thanks for those two nidostar, greatly appreciated, and I look forward to getting hold of as many of the others as possible. Here is my lossless uncompressed copy of 'Girl in a Suitcase' - 3 tracks were changed on the Upgraded version, but this is the whole thing in case someone else wants it.

https://mega.nz/file/4C1mTJ4D#k0JAypu3LbWLQXzfWxxQZ4DWji4YC0oZqkQ319PuTzU
Thanks @chad1969. Yes the single CD contains only three songs which didn't appear on the subsequent double but two of them I have been unable to find in lossless until now - Tio Pepe (The Happy Mexicans) and Town Talk (Ken Woodman). The latter being the theme to the Jimmy Young Show in the late 60s. A great theme even if the JY Prog at 10am on BBC Radios 1 and 2 usually marked the end of decent pop music being played in the form of The Tony Blackburn Show and had people rambling on about current affairs issues interspersed often with non-pop songs. Much as the Jeremy Vine Show still does to this day on Radio 2 some sixty years later!

Here's Lost In Transmission ==> ht**s://mega.nz/file/E4JlETrC#NrLo-BvPCWpglf_pqrrtGAFKTZrTF5x82ApzHA3fQRc

tonyc1971

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2024, 04:51:47 PM »
Here is a link to last years release Themes of the Century.  I bought this, but to be fair quite a few of the tracks on the cd appear on earlier releases...

CHRCD 6 - Various Artists - Themes Of The Century (2023) [FLAC]
http$://mega.nz/folder/bl9RkR7D#tQA-9UKdLng8M1WYX1g2cg

Are we up to date with your requests as I have...
CHRCD 1- Melodies On The Move
CHRCD 2 - Lost In Transmission
CHRCD 3 - Have Themes, Will Travel
CHRCD 4 - All Soundtracks Great And Small
WHRCD 401 - Intermission Impossible (Cavendish Series)
WHRCD 501 - Department TV
WHRCD 601 - Standby For Swing
WHRCD 701 - The Day The Earth Stood Still
WHRCD 801 - Watch With Teacher
WHRCD 901 - Girl In A Suitcase (Upgraded)
WHRCD 1001 - Music While You Watch
WHRCD 1201 - The Soundtrack Galllery
« Last Edit: February 04, 2024, 05:14:15 PM by tonyc1971 »

nidostar

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2024, 05:03:04 PM »
Here's All Soundtracks Great And Small ==> ht**s://pixeldrain.com/u/Xc2Ww1p3

Probably best to let us know which other albums you'd like @chad1969 so we don't duplicate effort between us.

chad1969

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2024, 06:23:21 PM »
Wow, thanks for those. From the titles you have tonyc1971, I'm still missing (in order of preference), Music While You Watch (2010), Day The TV Stood Still (2007), Have Themes Will Travel (2016) & Melodies On The Move (2014).

Also still waiting on two of the most recent releases, with some terrific obscure themes (Picture Box !) 'Sky's the Limit & 33 other TV Themes' and 'Salute To The Soundtracks' (2019) - if you could be so amazingly kind as to upload those nidostar ?

I would just like to inform other people trying to download these, that the mega.nz links from last years thread are still working - you just need to change the first part of the link to https:/

tonyc1971

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2024, 07:30:15 PM »
No problem Chad, for you and anyone else looking for these...

WHRCD 701 - Various Artists - The Day The TV Stood Still [MP3 192kbps]
http$://mega.nz/folder/DsVikS4T#ysYjkOeiiuUmEE39v98_hA

WHRCD 1001 - Various Artists - Music While You Watch [FLAC]
http$://mega.nz/folder/f5dUHJia#03qh2lZw6ZpIkZlRMgKXpg

CHRCD 1 - Various Artists - Melodies On The Move [FLAC]
http$://mega.nz/folder/zht2SISQ#UwXKXAyGAsRW1SuL7F3U_w

CHRCD 3 - Various Artists - Have Themes, Will Travel [FLAC]
http$://mega.nz/folder/KhUjBCgQ#ZABYwou2YToLBVKsyLq50g

nidostar

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2024, 11:16:59 PM »
Also still waiting on two of the most recent releases, with some terrific obscure themes (Picture Box !) 'Sky's the Limit & 33 other TV Themes' and 'Salute To The Soundtracks' (2019) - if you could be so amazingly kind as to upload those nidostar ?
Here's The Sky's The Limit. Not my rip but thank you to the OP ==> ht**s://pixeldrain.com/u/A8jw6m92

I'm afraid I don't have Salute To The Soundtracks. It eluded us the last time we went on the hunt for the WHR/CHR albums so if anyone is able to share it would be most welcome.

I notice @tonyc1971 shared The Day The TV Stood Still in lossy. Here it is in FLAC ==> ht**s://pixeldrain.com/u/ogV3UCH2

chad1969

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2024, 10:13:25 AM »
Thanks again for all those - all have downloaded successfully. I think that concludes all the ones I really wanted, but just to fill the gaps, do you have 'Intermission Accomplished' (2022) ?
Also, I note that two releases were only available in 10" vinyl, 'Test Card Grooves' (2017) and 'Themes About The House'. I have to admit I'm not a fan of vinyl, and most of the tracks appear to present on some of
the other releases in CD. If you think they're worth downloading, (with not too many pops and crackles!), please make available - otherwise thanks anyway.

'Salute To The Soundtracks' (2019) is certainly the hardest to get hold of isn't it - It would be nice to complete the full collection. I note in discogs there are just 7 people with a copy, and has never been put up for sale.
I had the idea, of maybe contacting them directly, and asking any of them if they would sell you a digital copy - although they may not be into sharing ?

nidostar

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2024, 02:20:52 PM »
The three you asked for are here:
Intermission Accomplished ==> ht**s://pixeldrain.com/u/YhXpqYGR
Test Card Grooves ==> ht**s://pixeldrain.com/u/RFdwGm9U
Themes About The House ==> ht**s://pixeldrain.com/u/oGE9jsod

Yes, it's a shame Salute seems to be so difficult to track down. It's been the luck of the draw that I've managed to buy so many of the WHR/CHR albums when they were available. Keeping one's ear to the ground for news of an impending release is not always possible when life gets in the way!

It's also a pity Steven Wills doesn't do another run of these very popular CDs. Since all proceeds go to charity I'd have thought it would be a win, win. After all their rarity value (were they to be sold on) won't benefit CHR or WHR. Just the owner.

tonyc1971

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2024, 06:28:44 PM »
Thanks for these three Nidostar, I've not had these three before.  Missed them when they were released.  I'll keep my eyes and ears open for 'Salute'.  Hopefully, someone on LMT has a copy.