Author Topic: Help me with this music, please...  (Read 398 times)

musica.incidental

Help me with this music, please...
« on: January 25, 2024, 01:22:12 PM »
Hello, i 'm looking for this music from years ago. This was used on Venezuelan telenovelas as Topacio (1984) and Cristal (1985).

I saw them both as a child or teenager and therefore they are a true obsession.
I don't know if they are from music libraries, from movies or even from commercial records and even academic contemporary music because even George Crumb was used there. The search for those soundtracks is really difficult. Furthermore, music editors used to use fragments from one source or another and create 'new music' in the Frankenstein style. The music library that was used the most in both was Valentino Major records, and I have found a lot there, but I still have too many missing.

Some are almost mere sound effects or elements but were used as suspenseful incidental music.

I have already asked about some of the music that I put here in this forum without getting a response, so I put it again in this kind of wish list.

01:
This was also used at the beginning of a song called 'Come' by the group 'Ming', combined with a fragment of the Barbarella soundtrack. I wrote to the German publisher that released the song but they said they didn't know its origin.

02:

03:

04:

05:

06:

07:

08:

09:

10:

11:

12:

13:

14:

15:
(THIS APPEARS AS 'EXTRAÑOS ENCUENTROS" OF JUAN TORRES BUT I LISTENED BEFORE THE CD YEAR ON TOPACIO AN CRISTAL TELENOVELAS:

16:

17:

18:

19:

20:

21:

I take the opportunity to ask about music from some other soap operas and dubbing where music libraries were used.

22:

23:

24:

25:

26:
(this is a version of a traditional Japanese music, used in a telenovela and also for a music group)

27:

28:

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR TIME!!

musica.incidental

Re: Help me with this music, please...
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2024, 05:10:51 AM »
I decided to upload all these videos from my YouTube channel to make it easier for you guys to listen to the music I'm looking for, and I thought it would be better to put all those videos in one post, but so far I haven't received any messages here, nor not even a hypothesis about whether the tracks could be from a library or if they seem to come from another source. Or is it easier to put a post for each video in this forum? I hope you can guide me in this search of so many years.

nidostar

Re: Help me with this music, please...
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2024, 10:29:07 AM »
I think the way you have set out your request is fine. Much better than 28 separate topics. Don't be put off by the lack of responses. It's most likely because this is a more difficult task than you realise and nobody knows. Also bear in mind you have provided 28 cues which is a fair few to wade through.
I'm afraid I'm not much help as I am pretty useless at identifying obscure cues like this. I'm more a melodies man! To me the style of cue no 5 is reminiscent of incidental music by Edwin Astley to one of the many ITC series of the sixties (Danger Man, The Baron, The Champions etc), though could just as easily be from The Prisoner (Albert Elms or Robert Farnon). But it could easily be none of the above.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2024, 03:55:19 PM by nidostar »