Author Topic: Named Tracks From Unknown Stock Libraries  (Read 561 times)

Speedy

Named Tracks From Unknown Stock Libraries
« on: December 15, 2023, 04:28:19 PM »
Kind of a different topic. Does anyone know which stock libraries these tracks came from? Unlike usual, they're titled, though they might've been subsequently renamed from what their original names were.

apmnut

Re: Named Tracks From Unknown Stock Libraries
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2023, 06:13:18 PM »
I can help with a few of these!:
- "Dolly Dimple" = Originally from the Southern library. I forget the precise album it's on, but I believe "A. Butcher" is an Australian composer.
-"Excited Tension No. 2" = Originally a bridge (GR-212) composed for Phil Green's "Suspense Drama Suite No. 2" (EMI Photoplay Q-3-009), retitled "Eerie" (EM-136I) on reel D-39/40. The name given here was given to it when it was released on CPM's archive label.
- "Grand Opening" = Originally titled "Breath of Spring" (PE-278), and composed by the trio of Phil Green, Geoff Love and Ken Thorne. Released initially on EMI Photoplay Q-10-013, re-released in America on Capitol Hi-Q L-126/127. A personal favorite of mine, incidentally.
- "Happy Snow Girl" and "Polka Continental", originally from William Loose and Emil Cadkin, released on album 7 in set 3 of Capitol's "Production Music Service" LP series. Later retitled "Alpine Fun" and "Polka Dotta" on the CPM label.
- "Shopping for Bargains" = Another Green/Love/Thorne track called "Laughing Girl" (PE-259), originally from Photoplay Q-10-019

FYI about "Show Opener", Crombie and Berry were only credited for a later reissue from Bruton. Barry White (no relation to the famous 70s pop singer with the smooth voice) was the original composer of the piece.

Speedy

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2023, 06:43:18 PM »
Thanks!

apmnut

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2023, 02:17:17 AM »
No problem!!