Author Topic: Valentino discography  (Read 1325 times)

tonyc1971

Re: Valentino discography
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2023, 12:50:50 PM »
You need to look for LMT members. There are many of them there on SoulSeek, some more active than others. Nowadays, most people's connections, speed, etc. are not an issue.

But isn't there also an expectation that you should share your own music collection in order to be an accepted member of SoulSeek? I realise I could share a dedicated hard drive with only a small selection of my music to get around that but from a security angle I'm not entirely comfortable with opening up a part of my network to strangers.

To be honest, I use SS from time to time.  Mainly to fill the odd gap, or for a few albums in a run which is easier than requesting the whole collection here which takes some much time uploading and getting the links.  To be fair, I've not really experienced any issues using Soulseek.  Remember, it's a read-only service.  Also, you can restrict the folders and files you wish to share.  I just share my library music folder, DJ Mastermix folders and not my general music folders.  I've tended to use SS more for replacing my MP3 files to FLAC for non-library music and Mastermix and DMC compilations.  If you do decide to use it, feel free to add me as a user.  There's a few LMT members there that chat on the odd occasion also.  Finally, not everyone sets their profiles to only share their files with those that are offering something in return.  Mine is set like that but there are plenty of people downloading my music that have only one album in their shared folder.  Personally,  I don't care about it.  Yes, the place is full of leechers but in fairness I was once one of them and happy to share what I have now with others as my own collection grew and shares from the mighty LMT website also.

Psyclon

• Depressed devil...
Re: Valentino discography
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2023, 09:48:18 PM »
Yes, Doris is really helpful in that matter! :D