Author Topic: Mozart Edition - Trade Test Tape Upgrade Requests  (Read 8438 times)

John_Fred

Mozart Edition - Trade Test Tape Upgrade Requests
« on: November 24, 2023, 09:47:10 AM »
Following on from the previous topic concerning Mozart Edition titles that have helped or managed to, transform trade test tapes into lossless, I've been busy looking to find other titles on this label which will help complete other trade test tapes and now, humbly request if any of the following are available to share;

ME LP 005 - Cliff Hammer And His Golden Spinet/King Mauna And His News Sounds (Featuring Hawaiian Guitar)/Franco Chiari Jazz Quartet/Leo Silvestri And His Music (Thanks Retronic)
ME LP 007 - Detlef Rath And His Orchestra/Walt Peters And His Orchestra (Thanks Retronic)
ME LP 009 - George Hermann And His Orchestra/Antony Wood And His Orchestra (Thanks Retronic)
ME LP 010 - Orchestra Raphaele/Detlef Rath And His Orchestra (Thanks Retronic)
ME LP 012 - Antony Wood And His Orchestra (Thanks Retronic)
ME LP 016 - The Karas-Hildinger Orchestra And Chorus/Dolf Van Der Linden And His Orchestra (Thanks Retronic)
ME LP 019 - The Adriatic Orchestra/George Hermann And His Orchestra (Thanks Retronic)
ME LP 024 - Hans Hatter And His Orchestra (Thanks Retronic)
ME LP 029 - Hans Hatter And His Orchestra/George Herman And His Orchestra (Thanks Retronic)
ME LP 034 - Robbiani And His Music/Georges Chorafas And His Music/The Stuff Combe Sound (Thanks tonyc1971)
ME LP 068 - Walter's Choir And Orchestra/Georg Hermann And His Orchestra (Thanks Retronic)
ME LP 072 - The William Gardner Orchestra (Thanks Retronic)
MES LP 075 - The Sound and the Voices (Thanks Retronic)
MES LP 080 - Jay Harmon And His Band/Howard Hawks And His Orchestra (Thanks Retronic)

I know there's a fair few here, so there's no huge hurry in getting any that are available processed and uploaded. 

Any and all responses are gratefully appreciated. 
« Last Edit: December 20, 2023, 11:15:48 AM by John_Fred »

Retronic

• Administrator
Re: Mozart Edition - Trade Test Tape Upgrade Requests
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2023, 10:31:39 AM »
I can probably help with these and more than happy to.  Not at home today but do have all those on vinyl. Those that ripped I can post up in a couple of days.

tonyc1971

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2023, 12:43:58 AM »
Hi John, I can only help with one of these, and reckon Retronic provided the rip anyway, so one less for him to do.  I'm either missing or have the others as lossy files.  I'd be really happy to know what tapes you complete with these.  i've been a bit slack with look at the tapes missing, so would be interested in any completed tapes you could provide.

MELP 034 - Robbiani & His Music, Georges Chorafas & His Music, The Stuff Combo Sound [FLAC]
http$://mega.nz/folder/rhliURSa#txoejdEpn6ebSAKfxsc_vA
« Last Edit: November 25, 2023, 12:45:33 AM by tonyc1971 »

John_Fred

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2023, 02:26:53 AM »
Hi John, I can only help with one of these, and reckon Retronic provided the rip anyway, so one less for him to do.  I'm either missing or have the others as lossy files.  I'd be really happy to know what tapes you complete with these.  i've been a bit slack with look at the tapes missing, so would be interested in any completed tapes you could provide.

MELP 034 - Robbiani & His Music, Georges Chorafas & His Music, The Stuff Combo Sound [FLAC]
Thanks for this one, Tony.  It's one less that Retronic has to deal with, at least!   ;)

I'm in pretty much the same situation as you.  I've lots of tapes in lossy mp3 format that I've had for years, with only a few lossless upgrades among them.  Using Discogs to look up the albums the tracks are from is a Godsend, and it's surprising how many tracks come from the same albums within each tape.  Which is kind of understandable, when you think about it.  It'll be nice to be able to have upgraded versions to compare.

John_Fred

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2023, 02:28:01 AM »
I can probably help with these and more than happy to.  Not at home today but do have all those on vinyl. Those that ripped I can post up in a couple of days.
Many thanks, as always.  I look forward with anticipation to any you provide us mere morals with!   ;) :D

danthemusiclover

• DMG
    • Eternas Ondas Musicales
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2023, 11:12:38 AM »

thank you  :)
LMT my safe place.

nidostar

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2023, 01:41:40 PM »
Unfortunately those you requested, John, are the same gaps that I have save for MELP 034 which Tony has now provided. I'm afraid it looks like it all falls to you Retro to save the day as always! In your own time though, ha, ha!

LMTH303

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2023, 10:10:50 PM »
Thanks tonyc1971...very nice Mozart!

Retronic

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2023, 09:46:15 AM »

ME LP 007 - Detlef Rath And His Orchestra/Walt Peters And His Orchestra
pixeldrain.com/u/LsocoqTM

ME LP 016 - The Karas-Hildinger Orchestra And Chorus/Dolf Van Der Linden And His Orchestra
pixeldrain.com/u/QiUzTQ1a

ME LP 024 - Hans Hatter And His Orchestra
pixeldrain.com/u/o3J8dTZH

I haven't checked these but should be okay.

danthemusiclover

• DMG
    • Eternas Ondas Musicales
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2023, 09:52:46 AM »
best of the best! :)
LMT my safe place.

John_Fred

« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2023, 01:10:51 PM »
Fantastic!  Thanks for these 3, Retronic.   ;D

I look forward to others you have to share!   ;)

nidostar

« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2023, 06:05:35 PM »
Oh my goodness, Christmas has come early! Thank you so much Retro. I can't wait to give these a listen.

Retronic

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2023, 06:14:27 PM »
I’ve ripped another 4. Will edit later in the week 😉

Retronic

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2023, 06:19:39 PM »
BTW can someone explain what these tapes are?  Are they like Test Card tapes?  And regarding Test Card tapes what is the score with those?  I know they will have existed as a list of tracks played on TV before, in between and after shows but I never really understand where these list exist for people to access. Is there a TCM online club where all the lists are available?  Please explain ‘For Dummies’ style to help me understand the whole thing please! 🙂

tonyc1971

« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2023, 08:23:36 PM »
Hey Retro

The Test Card Circle has been around for years. I’ve been a member on and off and recently took out another yearly sub. Within their website, they have a database of music used compiled as ‘tapes’ similar to what Channel 4 and S4C used.

Annoyingly, some of the most information provided regards composers and / or titles were incorrectly logged. This seemed to be intentional to prevent mere mortals like ourselves to track down.

I provided a zip file from an export on the TCC a while back and helped others with the cue sheets that have been compiled by TCC members.  These compilations featured music from Mozart Editions, Wilson Editions, Apollo Music, plus lots of other libraries featuring German composers. Prior to the last overnight Ceefax pages finishing, there were several compilations from Funtastik Music cds.  I know John_Fred for one is keen to reconstruct these tapes and replace either existing mp3 copies or off-air recordings with lossless files. I’ve done a few myself but it’s incredibly time consuming.  The albums that John has requested will help towards completing a couple of tapes / compilations that feature some tracks from those albums.

So in regards the 'Positron' tape, that ran for a couple of years from 1985, this featured tracks from Mozart Editions.  That lead track features on MELP091 (although not an album John needs).  That tape also used other tracks from that album plus a number of others including 069 etc etc.  Another tape 'Well All Right' also uses a few Mozart Edition albums.

Hope I’ve explained that a little without sounding condescending.

« Last Edit: November 27, 2023, 08:52:07 PM by tonyc1971 »