Author Topic: The 1973 Alessandroni Nature/Science series  (Read 28843 times)

a_pylon

The 1973 Alessandroni Nature/Science series
« on: March 06, 2018, 06:37:56 PM »
The mythical Alessandroni Nature/Science series published in 1973.

The seven LPs were released on seven 'faux' labels with catalogue numbers pretending there are a number of releases on each.
Only label that is known to have released more than one record is Cardium.

Published by three different companies:
Edizioni Musicali Delfino
Edizioni Musicali Giraffa
Edizioni Musicali Volga

Artists/composers involved for sure:
Alessandro Alessandroni
Umberto Santucci
Amedeo Tommasi
Giulia Alessandroni
Francesco Tamponi
Marco Di Marco

Alessandro Alessandroni seems to be the only composer to appear on all seven releases.

According to a Amedeo Tommasi interview, only 50 of each were made (check 26:05):

What I have

What I don't have

(click on the cover for the Discogs link)

A copy of the missing ones would be immensely appreciated, either lossy or lossless :D
« Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 08:57:13 PM by Greta »

a_pylon

Re: The 1973 Alessandroni Nature/Science series
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2018, 06:42:56 PM »
I don't know if this thread should also be copied into the "Library Vinyl and CD rips" section, as it provides links to some of the albums in this gorgeous series...
« Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 06:47:20 PM by a_pylon »

Greta

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2018, 09:05:12 PM »
Hi Pylon,
I've just edited your post, deleting the links to "Ittiologia", "Biologia Marina" and "La Natura e L'Uomo", as they all are recent Intervallo reissues.
I truly share your love with these releases, and as you, I would love to have the chance to listen to them all, one day.
However, as we previously said, we can say LMT has only one simple policy, and it's to encourage independent labels work on reissues. And the only possible way is to discourage their work to be shared here.
Bear with me..

G.

a_pylon

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2018, 09:36:06 PM »
Hi Pylon,
I've just edited your post, deleting the links to "Ittiologia", "Biologia Marina" and "La Natura e L'Uomo", as they all are recent Intervallo reissues.
I truly share your love with these releases, and as you, I would love to have the chance to listen to them all, one day.
However, as we previously said, we can say LMT has only one simple policy, and it's to encourage independent labels work on reissues. And the only possible way is to discourage their work to be shared here.
Bear with me..
I didn't know about this policy but I totally get it. Thanks for taking the time to explain :)

Mr

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2018, 10:07:24 PM »
Intervallo have announced they plan to reissue of all seven of these, but I imagine tracking down the source material must be about as hard for them as it is for us. I am very, very happy with what they have done this far, and really hope they get around to the remaining four.
... 'til then, I'll just very kindly second this request, though!

Not to downplay his involvement, but I think the 'main' guy behind these was Tommasi, not Alessandroni. One can only speculate, unfortunately, but I think the writing credits on these are about as, let's say "dishonest", as the label structure, with many names and aliases being used to conceal and 'inflate' what was most likely a small team of writers.*
You may be interested to hear that we've since learned of several other labels under these publishers, mostly thanks to the continued passion and research of MillionDollars.
You'll se there's a different batch of releases here in a similar style, centered around Nora Orlandi and a small team of writers including two Di Biagio-s and Guido Podestà, a central figure at RCA Italiana.

* Again; speculation, but it's not unfair to assume that in addition to those credited to himself and "Braen", tracks credited to Alessandroni's wife Giulia (including alias "Kema") are actually penned by the late maestro. Similarly, one can speculate that those in addition to tracks to his own name and aliases "Atmo" and "Konnell", those by his (ex?-)wife Silva Savigni (with aliases "Jarrell" and "Mantissa") are by Amedeo Tommasi, as well as those by Umberto Santucci ("Montedoro"), Marco Di Marco and Leandro Piccioni ("Pilean")... and so on.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 01:11:46 AM by Mr »

owlglass

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2018, 03:21:10 PM »
Intervallo have announced they plan to reissue of all seven of these, but I imagine tracking down the source material must be about as hard for them as it is for us. I am very, very happy with what they have done this far, and really hope they get around to the remaining four.
... 'til then, I'll just very kindly second this request, though!

Now that's something to look forward to! (I hadn't seen that post.)

milliondollars

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2018, 09:05:56 AM »
been a little obsessed about Delfino and Volga...

even if many people will consider some of the the compositions unlistenable i really think these records are so fascinating! for their mystery, for their art, and also for their rarity.

also have heard that Intervallo is going to reissue all of the seven titles a few years ago. they do not have any tapes or something so they have to source original mint copies and i believe they do not have all of them. (this may have changed in the meantime.)

in my opinion reissuing the four remaining titles is a little risky for a small label like Intervallo. these reissues cost much money and since the four remaining ones are very odd (musically), there will be a very small audience. maybe the label is going to reissue them digitally at least one day? this would make more sense if i would run the label.

a_pylon

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2018, 04:00:25 PM »
Looks like a user on Soulseek (probably the notorious Pieceful) has Panorami ed Effetti @FLAC  ::)

zibi67

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2018, 11:17:56 AM »
VA - 1973 - Il Mondo Della Natura (mp3 224)
plhttps://mega.nz/#!CkwTlZ7D!A8lesKSvBQ-fzUB38JeiJbbLHa-kdwW1fMWgfkBsKeI

Mr

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2018, 11:20:37 AM »
Wow, thanks a lot!

Greta

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2018, 11:41:41 AM »
Awesome. One of the great "wanted" out there.
I'm curious to listen.
Thank you Zibi!!
G.

Rocco

« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2018, 12:20:06 PM »
Beautiful! Thanks a million Zibi!
Besides being very rare it is a wonderful album indeed.

owlglass

« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2018, 01:53:19 PM »
Thanks, Zibi! Looking forward to hearing this!

Akena

« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2018, 06:09:42 PM »
VA - 1973 - Il Mondo Della Natura (mp3 224)
plhttps://mega.nz/#!CkwTlZ7D!A8lesKSvBQ-fzUB38JeiJbbLHa-kdwW1fMWgfkBsKeI

QUÉ ÁLBUM !!!!!!!!

Greta

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2018, 08:59:28 PM »
Yes Yes Yes. Beautiful indeed.
The Kema tracks sound really like penned by A:Alessandroni. I would bet all my belongings on "Alessia" most of all, to be from A.A.
G.