Author Topic: [Chappell] - DMM 301 and DMM 305 - Jack Dieval Son Piano Et Son Grand Orchestre  (Read 1381 times)

scotch111

I'd requested these two records recently (Thanks Greta and Retronic for sharing) and in the meantime I ended up finding minty copies of each on vinyl, perhaps never before played.

So I've got fresh rips at 24-48 to share that sound very nice and hifi!

[Chappell] - DMM 301 - Jack Dieval Son Piano Et Son Grand Orchestre - Dance And Mood Music Vol 1 (1966)

pixeldrain.com/u/f7jGfh2L

[Chappell] - DMM 305 - Jack Dieval Son Piano Et Son Grand Orchestre - Dance And Mood Music Vol 5 (1968)

pixeldrain.com/u/QYrMAE91

« Last Edit: October 13, 2023, 01:39:10 AM by scotch111 »

WSBG Returns Yet Again!

Thanks!
Peace, Love, and Library Music!

grendizer1

Thanks a lot scotch111  :)

zoomo

Thanks very much!

digdeeper

Very nice! Much appreciated, scotch111! :D

Ice8

Many thanks scotch111 for these Chappell.

Greta

• Administrator
Thank you scotch for your rips. Great!

I just have a question, out of curiosity, and want to know your opinion cause I'm not that skilled with technical stuff.

I noticed the difference of size between the two zip while downloading, so I've been curious to understand why and I checked the files.
And I found out that the flacs of DMM 305 are all around the 1600 kbps, while the flacs of DMM 301 are all around the 900kbps.

At first I thought that the wavs/aiff coming from your rips (or you rip directly to flac maybe?) have been encoded to flac with different levels of compression, so I tried to decode them to aiff (they result to be 2304 kbps in aiff or wav), and then encoded them back again to flac with the same level of compression.

But the result is the same as your shares, being DMM 305 with higher kbps than DMM 301.

My curiosity is: why this happens?
Sorry for being probably..nosy..?
G.

scotch111

Thank you scotch for your rips. Great!

I just have a question, out of curiosity, and want to know your opinion cause I'm not that skilled with technical stuff.

I noticed the difference of size between the two zip while downloading, so I've been curious to understand why and I checked the files.
And I found out that the flacs of DMM 305 are all around the 1600 kbps, while the flacs of DMM 301 are all around the 900kbps.

At first I thought that the wavs/aiff coming from your rips (or you rip directly to flac maybe?) have been encoded to flac with different levels of compression, so I tried to decode them to aiff (they result to be 2304 kbps in aiff or wav), and then encoded them back again to flac with the same level of compression.

But the result is the same as your shares, being DMM 305 with higher kbps than DMM 301.

My curiosity is: why this happens?
Sorry for being probably..nosy..?

I'd noticed that as well. My guess is that the FLAC codec can compress the files more heavily when they don't contain as much stereo information. In the case of DMM 301, it's is a mono record, so that 's probably why.

Kwantum Assassin

Thanks

Greta

• Administrator
I'd noticed that as well. My guess is that the FLAC codec can compress the files more heavily when they don't contain as much stereo information. In the case of DMM 301, it's is a mono record, so that 's probably why.

Thanks for the tip, it makes sense!
Cheers.
G.

winter2014

Thanks for the sharing~

Ene

Thx scotch111!