Author Topic: Welcome to the Original Library Music Themes (v7)  (Read 164162 times)

Mr

• Administrator
Re: Welcome to the Original Library Music Themes (v7)
« Reply #195 on: March 22, 2019, 11:25:32 AM »
You've come to the right place, welcome aboard! :)

Greta

• Administrator
« Reply #196 on: March 24, 2019, 02:02:56 AM »
Welcome aboard Stijn.
G.

Don M Yowp

« Reply #197 on: March 26, 2019, 07:36:26 AM »
A short note to say "hello" once again, having tracked down the forum's latest location.
I see my Pal Doug is here. He really is a pal; he's been very generous and helpful to me over there years.
My interest is mainly in the Langlois and Hi-Q libraries, as well as the EMI Photoplay series from England.
I'll likely lurk when I'm here.

D.M. Yowp

Greta

• Administrator
« Reply #198 on: March 26, 2019, 03:32:40 PM »
Hello Don, and welcome.
G.

Desmond

« Reply #199 on: April 06, 2019, 02:30:39 PM »
Hi everyone!

Finally I found an active forum dedicated to library music.  :D
I'm a big fan of library since a few years. Actually started with me aged 13 or 14, after I found some music I've searched since a long time accidentally when I somehow stumbled into a production music site. 

By now I have listened to more production and trailer music  than film music or any other "normal/popular" type of music!  ;D

I'm usually more into newer production music since production standards obviously greatly increase with newness. I'm also not a collector and very picky. But there is such a ton of production music out there and thus also a ton of gold!

I'm actually also a production and trailer music composer... haven't done much so far, just starting out - but working towards doing this full time. I don't like film scoring, too many restrictions, so library music in any form is the best outlet for me. :)

« Last Edit: April 06, 2019, 02:33:39 PM by Desmond »

Uncle Michael

« Reply #200 on: April 08, 2019, 03:38:01 PM »
"production standards obviously greatly increase with newness"

:popcorn:

Welcome aboard!

Charlie Spliff

« Reply #201 on: April 09, 2019, 01:11:55 PM »
Hey guys & gals, long time no see, hope everyone is well  :)
If at first you don't succeed, drink absinthe & smoke some weed.

Retronic

• Administrator
« Reply #202 on: April 09, 2019, 02:16:58 PM »
Welcome back!

Charlie Spliff

« Reply #203 on: April 09, 2019, 05:55:28 PM »
Welcome back!

cheers matey, hope yer well!
If at first you don't succeed, drink absinthe & smoke some weed.

zoomo

« Reply #204 on: April 17, 2019, 01:53:55 PM »
Nice to be back albeit a different username, can't remember what it used to be.

Moleoman

« Reply #205 on: April 17, 2019, 10:47:09 PM »
Hello, everyone!

I have many nicknames on the Internet, but you can call me Moleoman here, and if I'm not mistaken I'm the second (after adamz689) user from Poland in this forum.

I'm interested in library music since ca. late 2015/2016, having been inspired the fact that adamz689 listed some music tracks identified by YouTube in descriptions of his uploads. Since the YT accounts tend to be banned, and the music YT identification in some reuploads sometimes fails, I've decided to make notes about used stock music in a Word document. Also, I have started to skim through various tracks and libraries (mostly those released before 2005/2006) available on production music websites mostly to find out about some mysteries about tracks I have heard during my childhood.

To ensure that my acquired knowledge about identified library music won't be lost in any way, I've set up some threads about production music in two forums - one in a Polish forum Media2.pl (mostly about tracks used in channels available either in Polish and/or in Poland) and two others on Animesuperheroes (previously Toonzone), each dedicated for stock music used in Turner's kids channels and Disney/Fox Kids/Jetix channels, respectively.

Of course, during my "quest" I have to overcome the obvious problems, such as when a particular track, album or even library becomes discontinued either in one territory or worldwide.  In fact, what frequently surprises me during my findings is when I find out that some musical pieces that I (or to an extent any person interested in stock music) thought to be library music, turns out to be either a commerical one, or even a... sound effect.

I hope my findings would be helpful for anyone interested in such types of music. By the way, I would also like to apologize for my poor English in some places.

Retronic

• Administrator
« Reply #206 on: April 18, 2019, 08:05:04 AM »
Welcome.  I wouldn't worry about a particular track or album being lost as most things had physical releases on vinyl or CDs somoeone will have it.  If it's was on vinyl somoene here is fairly likely to ne able to get it.

scyome

« Reply #207 on: April 19, 2019, 09:31:29 AM »
I'm happy to know this site  :)

kHz

« Reply #208 on: May 09, 2019, 11:48:46 AM »
Hi!

It's my first day here.

Actually, it's my second week here. I've been lurking around the forum, seeing what you folks have been up to. And frankly, I'm blown away.

The amount of work and dedication on display is, to put it mildly, outstanding. Wish I'd discovered this forum earlier!

Cheers and thank you for the music :)

stackjackson

• Administrator
« Reply #209 on: May 09, 2019, 02:44:21 PM »
Thanks, kHz, and welcome aboard!
| Stack |