Author Topic: A thank you to all of you  (Read 820 times)

ilovelibrarymusic

A thank you to all of you
« on: July 25, 2023, 03:39:56 PM »
Hello everyone!

I would like to thank everyone who shared their knowledge with me, helped me build my collection of library music and helped me learn about new libraries that I would not have discovered if I didn't find this forum.

I am especially thankful to ChunYinZi for taking the time to rip the albums I requested and share them with me, as well as identify the unknown tracks that have been on my mind for ages. I am really grateful for your help also!

I appreciate how everyone is so supportive of one another and takes the time to answer questions and provide feedback. This forum has been a huge help to me in developing my own library music taste.

Thanks to everyone for their help so far! This is by far one of the best communities I have ever been in.  :)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2023, 03:42:14 PM by ilovelibrarymusic »

Retronic

• Administrator
Re: A thank you to all of you
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2023, 04:44:41 PM »
Great message. I always enjoy stopping by here too.  :D

Psyclon

• Depressed devil...
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2023, 08:26:34 PM »
I also can say with confidence that this forum shaped one of my biggest pleasures in life. This kind of music I always thought I'd never have access to in full glory! I am here for about a year (I think August '22) and I think the playtime of "regular" music went down to like 5% while 95% is my library music and it is just so awesome. These tracks are exactly what I always wanted and could only get by listening to either chipmusic, tracker modules or video game soundtracks, but all of that often lacked the "seriousness" behind. May it be perfectly crafted fast-paced power crafted by Warren Bennett ("Energy Barrier", 1987, Music House) or pastoral-pop fusion ("Fresco Gardens", Selected Sound, 1984) or anythind CAVENDISH pumped out from 1985 to 1995, the amazing accoustig potpourri is so much worth that I wrote so many disk backups just to not lose these findings!

I even bought myself a casette simulator plugin and play with the idea of creating a compilation of technology and industry songs for the one or other curious lurker to enjoy. The first step of getting sucked into is to taste the good.

We have many contributors here that either share their freshly baked recordings (or "rips" as you call them wrongly) or the findings of the past. LMT is kind of like a generation model. Some freshling comes here and he gets shares that have been shared by some other sharer that shared it like 10 years ago - making it more and more complete each time (see the latest Retro Elevator thread). I, for myself, try to get more CDs here from some know, missing albums (especially HAPPY RECORDS), but the shipping is often more expensive than the disk, so I just keep lurking. But I must also say that CunYinZi is by far the best help and thus one of the contributor of my beloved musical treasure chest and I will be always grateful. "Where did you get that music from? I can't find these!?" - "Oh, there was once a friendly person from China that went to a warehouse full of CDs and took his time to rip them". That is fairtyle stuff right there!! Retronic's shares of valuable ATMOSPHERE LPs even recording those drove him crazy with skips (oh, and do I love ATMOS 14, pure Sadler eargasm)or the literally dozens upon dozens of CD rips (here it's actually ripping as it stayed digital on the same system without any interfacing devices such as turntable <-> cable <-> recording device/computer :D) from Retromatic. And there is me with my "Glücksrad" music that fills some niche too :D

I was about to make a similar thread upon reaching 1,000 tracks, but real life is once again not so kind with me and make me struggling a lot, but what doesn't kill me makes me stronger. I hope the latter occures . . . . . . . . . .

Right now I have a very rough time in real life I must admit and my mood swings back and forth, so it's nice to have something that let me see the light. . . . .
« Last Edit: July 25, 2023, 08:29:05 PM by Psyclon »

Greta

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2023, 08:51:01 PM »
Hey ilovelibrarymusic,
thanks for your message.

I appreciate you took the time to write it down!
G.

stackjackson

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2023, 02:08:43 PM »
Hey ilovelibrarymusic,
thanks for your message.

I appreciate you took the time to write it down!

Yes, indeed.
| Stack |

BenKirb

• Discord Username: benkirb
    • YouTube
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2023, 04:44:00 PM »
Excellent message!

(Even though I've been an annoying idiot in this forum in the past, I've become a better person!)
« Last Edit: July 26, 2023, 06:37:48 PM by BenKirb »
Make sure to join the Library Music Central Discord server!

discord.gg/DEENUVmpeZ