Author Topic: looking for an album information-"The She's for Me"-Frank Chacksfield 1987  (Read 888 times)

testcard

I didn't find the album "The She's for Me"-Frank Chacksfield 1987 after searching through google。There is only one album, "Frank Chacksfield Orchestra | Sweet Life", which includes the song "The She's for Me"

Excuse me, who has more information about this album, or album cue? Or am I mistaken? hope anyone instruct, thanks a lot :D

« Last Edit: July 20, 2023, 07:53:54 AM by testcard »
English is not my mother tongue, so there are often mistakes in writing. Please forgive me. I will try to improve.

nidostar

I'm not quite sure what you're looking for. Is it the cue sheet for the BBC Test Card "She's For Me"? If so it's here: pixeldrain.com/u/KRxepkn8.

If not then, like you, I have only found one commercial album with She's For Me (no "The" in front of it  ;)) which, as you say, is entitled Sweet Life. I found it on Qobuz but it may also be available for download from other similar websites.

I also happen to have a lossy copy of the track on an album claiming to be Beautiful Haven released on the Smith & Co label. But I haven't been able to track it down anywhere and suspect it may be an unauthorised compilation I picked up during my travels through the internet.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2023, 11:13:12 AM by nidostar »

testcard

I'm not quite sure what you're looking for. Is it the cue sheet for the BBC Test Card "She's For Me"? If so it's here: pixeldrain.com/u/KRxepkn8.

If not then, like you, I have only found one commercial album with She's For Me (no "The" in front of it  ;)) which, as you say, is entitled Sweet Life. I found it on Qobuz but it may also be available for download from other similar websites.

I also happen to have a lossy copy of the track on an album claiming to be Beautiful Haven released on the Smith & Co label. But I haven't been able to track it down anywhere and suspect it may be an unauthorised compilation I picked up during my travels through the internet.

It should be this TEST CARD cue. I didn't know there was a BBC Test Card "She's For Me ",so I thought it was an album.

Thank you so much! :D

English is not my mother tongue, so there are often mistakes in writing. Please forgive me. I will try to improve.

testcard

I am looking for https://librarymusicthemes.com/index.php?. Topic=5033.0, the first and second music names, TwilightBreak1990, he said it was from the She's For Me, played by Chacksfield. Thank you both very much! !

nidostar

I went through the cue sheet I posted earlier and the Frank Chacksfield songs listed on your Unknown Tracks post from last October are available on YT. The first song is Say Goodbye To Loneliness and the second is Say It Over A Nova both by Frank Chacksfield. Credit goes to TwilightBreak1990 for narrowing the search down to the BBC Trade Test Tape.

I suspect the titles of each YT video on your original post are red herrings (wrong) in that it is unlikely Channel 4 featured Frank Chacksfield tracks as background to their ORACLE pages in 1990 preferring to use more contemporary content often sourced from the Bruton library. But I'm happy to be corrected by those who might know better!

testcard

I went through the cue sheet I posted earlier and the Frank Chacksfield songs listed on your Unknown Tracks post from last October are available on YT. The first song is Say Goodbye To Loneliness and the second is Say It Over A Nova both by Frank Chacksfield. Credit goes to TwilightBreak1990 for narrowing the search down to the BBC Trade Test Tape.

I suspect the titles of each YT video on your original post are red herrings (wrong) in that it is unlikely Channel 4 featured Frank Chacksfield tracks as background to their ORACLE pages in 1990 preferring to use more contemporary content often sourced from the Bruton library. But I'm happy to be corrected by those who might know better!

you are right!you are amzing!

The YT title is really wrong. I just posted the downloaded content truthfully, and I didn't have a chance to verify it.

I know very little about BBC test card music resources, and I don't know much about it. Just like it.

Great spirit, please advise me in the future!

« Last Edit: July 20, 2023, 04:05:16 PM by testcard »

tonyc1971

Just out of curiosity, do you know the name of the YT channel that has that video you saw ?

testcard

Just out of curiosity, do you know the name of the YT channel that has that video you saw ?

@magicgeezer,@christopherwilliams2093,@NeilMiles

I followed them on YouTube.I also  followed to many other channels, which was the first channel I  followed to.

Some videos on the channel have been deleted.

« Last Edit: July 21, 2023, 03:17:14 PM by testcard »

nidostar

Try @officedragon100 on YT also.

testcard

Try @officedragon100 on YT also.

Thanks for your recommendation, I have subscribed. :D

« Last Edit: July 21, 2023, 04:52:23 PM by testcard »

Lord Thames

The Smith & Co compilations were legit, I think - they were releasing stuff from the Rediffusion Reditune background music service, to which Frank was a significant contributor.  I think like the Mood Media releases, they've now all disappeared from the download sites, sadly.

tonyc1971

To add, ignore anything Chris Williams puts on his YT videos (cwillams76 and Christopher Williams). they aren't real.  He refuses to mark them as 'mocks' and any music used is usually off-air recordings and overall awful videos.  Even worse if he does the voiceover.  If independent television (i.e. channels showing adverts) just showed a slide and music, they would have closed decades ago.  I know you aren't from the UK, so please don't think anything contained in his videos happened !
« Last Edit: July 21, 2023, 06:25:07 PM by tonyc1971 »

testcard

To add, ignore anything Chris Williams puts on his YT videos (cwillams76 and Christopher Williams). they aren't real.  He refuses to mark them as 'mocks' and any music used is usually off-air recordings and overall awful videos.  Even worse if he does the voiceover.  If independent television (i.e. channels showing adverts) just showed a slide and music, they would have closed decades ago.  I know you aren't from the UK, so please don't think anything contained in his videos happened !

I' m sorry if my audio title bothers everyone.

I will change the file name if I upload video and audio later.