Author Topic: A Large Upload of 78rpm Library Records on Archive  (Read 566 times)

musictheorist

A Large Upload of 78rpm Library Records on Archive
« on: June 24, 2023, 04:07:10 PM »
h—ps://archive org/details/@jakej

Impress, Paxton, Synchro, Southern, and many FDH 1200 records were uploaded to Internet Archive.

Don M Yowp

Re: A Large Upload of 78rpm Library Records on Archive
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2023, 08:34:08 PM »
A debt of gratitute, MT. Thanks so much. There are a bunch of Synchro cues I've never heard.

Yowp
https://yowpyowp.blogspot.com

P.S. MONORAIL/WATER SKIS doesn't want to load.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2023, 09:00:17 PM by Don M Yowp »

musictheorist

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2023, 11:45:52 PM »
A debt of gratitute, MT. Thanks so much. There are a bunch of Synchro cues I've never heard.

Yowp
https://yowpyowp.blogspot.com

P.S. MONORAIL/WATER SKIS doesn't want to load.

I was surprised to find it myself. Thank the user jakej.

WSBG Returns Yet Again!

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2023, 01:25:29 AM »
I've also seen that some Synchro 78s' sides are not there, despite the fact that there is a clickable link, and that applies to Reve Bleu by Benny Couroyer and Lovers' Blues by Frank Engelen on the website, and that's an absolute shame, because I was looking for those tracks for a while ever since I got the Kaleidoscope sampler. When you click on a side on one record, the other side will say "Item cannot be found" on some tracks, and that kinda makes me annoyed. There are some Impress 78s that have that blasted error too, but unlike Synchro, there are also 78 sides they didn't do for an actual reason, being the 78's physical condition. The Fox tracks I was looking for don't have any problems with the 78 condition, but the files aren't there, and it kinda drives me up the wall a little, because why can't they show what the other side has when there's no problems with the condition? I really do hope in the future, when more 78s surface, they can fix the other sides and we can see what they would sound like. Here's a picture of the page for Lovers' Blues:
« Last Edit: June 25, 2023, 01:58:26 AM by WSBG Returns Yet Again! »
Peace, Love, and Library Music!