Author Topic: [Marble Arch] MALS 1359 Various Artists - Top TV Soundtrack Themes (1970)  (Read 1209 times)

nidostar

This is the first library-related record that I, unwittingly, bought. I got it for the TV themes. It was back in 1970 when I found this in the record section of Boots in Brighton (ah those were the days!). I have always had a keen interest in movie and TV themes and was struck by the fact that these were all original versions. It wasn’t until a good 30 years later that I became aware of the existence of production music libraries. In fact it was only when re-ripping this to FLAC the other day that I realised they are all from the Standard Music Library (the STANDARD modestly placed at the foot of the record label).

Some of you may recognise one or two of the themes as repeats of some of the programmes, like On The Buses, are still being broadcast today. I particularly commend the track High Sierra by Mike Vickers. I reckon it’s up there with the likes of Bernstein’s Magnificent Seven and Moross’s Big Country. Enjoy!

pixeldr@in.com/u/MTXdcr9K

keir

thank you!

In 1970 Standard was very young to be having an album like this drawing from its catalogue! I note that one track I checked, George Martin's Eary Feary (from Tales of Unease, a 1970 LWT show) does not appear to have been released on a Standard record until ESL 121 in 1971. Presumably this is something to do with LWT's involvement with Standard, also presumably there are numerous cases of Standard library tracks which were actually made for specific LWT shows in the first instance.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2023, 03:09:34 PM by keir »

Ice8

Many thanks nidostar for the upload!

Greta

• Administrator
Thank you nidostar.

Wait, you mean you bought this back in 1970? 53 years ago you bought this?
Cool!
G.

nidostar

Thank you nidostar.

Wait, you mean you bought this back in 1970? 53 years ago you bought this?
Cool!
Yeah. Not bad condition for it's age - the record I mean not me! Although that's true too! :)

delatecla

Many thanks, I love those Standard Music TV themes. Some tracks are longer, sound better and appear on this compilation first than the ESL releases.

There is a track in ESL 122 "Flyover" by Ray Premru which has a muddy sound, do you know if it has been released in some other album like this?

nidostar

There is a track in ESL 122 "Flyover" by Ray Premru which has a muddy sound, do you know if it has been released in some other album like this?
I'm afraid I don't. Anyone else know?