Author Topic: Betty Page Library Comps  (Read 14710 times)

Muff Diver

• Secret Squirrel is watching!
Betty Page Library Comps
« on: February 19, 2018, 09:30:19 PM »

Lady (Greta) and Gentlemen: I am proud to offer Betty Page to the LMT community!

OK, not really Betty Page. But a smoky combination of Film Noir and Stripper Music featuring Betty Page on the cover. Is that good enough?

But first, I want to share a story (oh boy!) and some background because I feel this properly illustrates this community in a nutshell.

It was about mid-December and I was at my desk, working late again. The Night Shift. I was archiving and downloading late into the early morning, again.

Suddenly, something horrible happened to me that left such an imprint in my mind that I still haven't forgotten it by mid-February: I accidentally deleted (permanently) several music files.

Ever seen grown men cry?

That's ok, these were only mp3s. But I was fond of this particular music and now, because of one of my brain farts, the music is 'suddenly' gone. Forever. So I set about trying to replace these lost files, only I had no concept of what a difficult process that would be.

After searching in futility, I decided that the alternative suddenly doesn't seem so bad after all and purchased <gasp> new (or new-ish) used copies of the missing music. But the prices!

Then I remembered a kindness done to me several years ago by Greta. I recall I was searching everywhere for these same Betty Page files when Greta comes out of nowhere and offered me some 320 rips. Just like my Fairy Godmother!

Of course, she had to twist my arm to accept the files. Of course. But I never forget when somebody does me a good thing, it's my policy to return the favor, if possible, sometime down the road.

That was the deciding factor to purchase these CDs. Because if you've looked online recently, they're not cheap. That's why I put off buying my own Betty Page CDs for years, because of the outrageous prices.

So, Greta, I hope you didn't purchase this music because now I have the FLAC rips. I hope you, and the LMT community at large, like them very much.

Sorry, I haven't bothered to do any scanning.

Here's the first release. I'll add the other releases in the coming days.

Betty Page Danger Girl (Burlesque Music)
Q.D.K. Media – CD 012  [1996]
boink://www.mediafire.com/file/rtaudcu6jembd9n/%5B1996%5D_Q.D.K._Media_%E2%80%93_CD_012.rar

Discogs
hominahomina://www.discogs.com/Various-Betty-Page-Danger-Girl-Burlesque-Music/release/523887
Virtus Junxit Mors Non Separabit

owlglass

Re: Betty Page Library Comps
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2018, 10:03:34 PM »
Interesting! Thanks, Muff!

Greta

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2018, 10:14:40 PM »
Oh, well... I'm flattered MD.
Thanks for remembering the story, now that you tell it, I remember.
I've always enjoyed these CD's, and I never had the chance to listen to them in HQ.
It's quite some time I don't give them a spin. What better opportunity than this?
Thanks a lot. Looking forward for the next releases.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 03:31:06 PM by Greta »
G.

stackjackson

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2018, 10:55:06 PM »
Ah, these Q.D.K. Media releases bring back great memories at the height of the lounge craze, spy jazz, and all that.

And do you also remember the earlier "Las Vegas Grind" & "Louie's Limbo Lounge" series of LPs from the late 80s, compiled and reissued on CD around the time of the "Betty Page" comps?
| Stack |

owlglass

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2018, 08:36:09 AM »
… "Las Vegas Grind" …

If anyone's interested, I have those 6.

Flemming

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2018, 06:11:04 PM »
Thank you very much Muff Diver.  :)

Muff Diver

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2018, 05:17:48 AM »
Ah, these Q.D.K. Media releases bring back great memories at the height of the lounge craze, spy jazz, and all that.

And do you also remember the earlier "Las Vegas Grind" & "Louie's Limbo Lounge" series of LPs from the late 80s, compiled and reissued on CD around the time of the "Betty Page" comps?

Sorry, those titles don't ring a bell. But I"m glad you like the release.

Muff Diver

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2018, 05:21:52 AM »
… "Las Vegas Grind" …

If anyone's interested, I have those 6.

Owlglass, I can't speak for anybody else, but I'd like to hear Las Vegas Grind, etc. and more from this series. Thanks!

Muff Diver

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2018, 05:32:40 AM »

There's so many terrific names in these comps. It's like a Who's Who of Library composers.

If you download the comp, please share your listening experience with other members on this thread :)

Enjoy!

Betty Page Jungle Girl - VA comp
Q.D.K. Media - CD 017 [1997] - FLAC
zing://www.mediafire.com/file/a142wlete4kkt8l/%5B1998%5D_QDK_Media_-_CD_017.rar

Discogs
jungle://www.discogs.com/Various-Betty-Page-Jungle-Girl-Exotique-Music/release/588376

owlglass

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2018, 10:24:58 AM »
Owlglass, I can't speak for anybody else, but I'd like to hear Las Vegas Grind, etc. and more from this series. Thanks!

Sure. I've put them here: https://librarymusicthemes.com/index.php?topic=680

Greta

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2018, 11:37:21 AM »
Thank you MD for yet another Flac Betty!
G.

Muff Diver

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2018, 08:46:32 AM »

Thank you for sharing your thoughts, Greta.

I guess comps are an acquired taste but - since these are old school Library, I can't imagine Library fans NOT liking them.

It pleases me to no end that you're enjoying the comps. I'd hoped that if nobody else listened to these rips, you'd appreciate them. My biggest concern was that you might have already found a LOSSLESS copy of each by now.

Muff Diver

« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2018, 08:48:21 AM »
Here we are with the 3rd and final dose of Betty:

Betty Page - Private Girl - VA comp
Q.D.K. Media – CD 031 [2001] - FLAC

schwing!.www.mediafire.com/file/tha0klst3wu488s/%5B2001%5D_QDK_Media_%E2%80%93_CD_031.rar

Discogs
private://www.discogs.com/Various-Betty-Page-Private-Girl-Spicy-Music/release/3581942

Greta

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2018, 11:22:41 AM »
Beautiful. Thank you for completing the series MD.
G.

owlglass

« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2018, 03:06:51 PM »
Here we are with the 3rd and final dose of Betty:

Betty Page - Private Girl - VA comp
Q.D.K. Media – CD 031 [2001] - FLAC

schwing!.www.mediafire.com/file/tha0klst3wu488s/%5B2001%5D_QDK_Media_%E2%80%93_CD_031.rar

Discogs
private://www.discogs.com/Various-Betty-Page-Private-Girl-Spicy-Music/release/3581942
Thanks, MD!