Author Topic: 堅田喜三久社中 / 山屋 清 – ザ・幽霊 SEと日本の伝統楽器・シンセサイザ  (Read 1876 times)

likedeeler

Here's an album from 1986 that has a magnificently theatrical feel of suspense and foreboding. "Haunted music", indeed, with sound effects, Japanese traditional instruments and synthesiser. The track titles 幽霊出現, 狼男 and 吸血鬼ドラキュラ describe the experience rather well. Best to be enjoyed at the witching hour.

>> meg@   .   nz   /   file   /   QwhjHaRB#Wy2XcR3Zs9i-JB   4RGkOA6XbcseMf-LEmYj7cWg8VZoo

Archive is encrypted. If you're up to a spooky listening trip tonight, you know where I live.

(Would admins consider extending the max length of topic titles?)
« Last Edit: January 31, 2023, 12:05:21 AM by likedeeler »

keir

Nice! Somehow reminded me of The Mystery Kindaichi Band's Yokomizo Seishi MM (Music Mystery) No Sekai Kindaichi Kosuke No Boken although it's not really like it at all. Probably mainly because of the flute-playing vampire on the cover of that.

Greta

• Administrator
Would admins consider extending the max length of topic titles?

Right!
I've been in the need of a greater length of the topic title myself in the past.
But I have no idea how to do it.
We should ask to Stack or Mr.
Guys?
G.

likedeeler

... Probably mainly because of the flute-playing vampire on the cover of that.

The flute-playing vampire would likely make a more fitting cover for this album than it does for Kindaichi itself. But I really like the cover picture of this one, too.

stackjackson

• Administrator
Would admins consider extending the max length of topic titles?

Right!
I've been in the need of a greater length of the topic title myself in the past.
But I have no idea how to do it.
We should ask to Stack or Mr.
Guys?

I don't think it's necessary, to be honest. Titles need to be precise. Less clutter. Of course, that's just my opinion.
| Stack |

Greta

• Administrator
label - cat n. - author - album title - year

Nothing cluttering in my opinion.
Despite that smallness of data I wanted to write down, with longer titles or orchestra names sometimes it was not possible.
And I ended up cutting out spaces, deleting something, or shortening names.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2023, 03:52:06 PM by Greta »
G.

likedeeler

label - cat n. - author - album title - year

... with longer titles or orchestra names sometimes it was not possible.

Seconded. It may be useful to consider that with a language I can't even read properly (Georgian, Japanese, Chinese, Korean, Kannada, Ethiopian ... -- the list goes on) it may also be somewhat challenging to sensibly shorten titles. As it was for me in the case of this topic.

... I don't think it's necessary, to be honest. Titles need to be precise. Less clutter. Of course, that's just my opinion.

No big deal. And I see the point -- for standard discussion forums -- to make posters put concise titles.

But this blog has special needs, so to say. Another example is classical music: you may wish to state composer, orchestra, conductor, soloist, singer, movement, title, number in the catalogue raisonné, date of recording, place of recording, date of publication and so on. I already struggle sometimes to fit it all into filenames without exceeding the (completely arbitrary) 256-character threshold for file paths where some programs and operating systems -- needlessly and, in 2023, pathetically -- start acting up.

Maximal topic title length is just the value of a parameter in the blog config, after all. Shouldn't take more than a minute to change and ideally set to "infinite", should it?

I've configured blog software in the past. Don't tell me it's a problem. If it is, do tell me.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2023, 09:07:38 PM by likedeeler »

stackjackson

• Administrator

Another example is classical music: you may wish to state composer, orchestra, conductor, soloist, singer, movement, title, number in the catalogue raisonné, date of recording, place of recording, date of publication and so on. I already struggle sometimes to fit it all into filenames without exceeding the (completely arbitrary) 256-character threshold for file paths where some programs and operating systems -- needlessly and, in 2023, pathetically -- start acting up.

Maximal topic title length is just the value of a parameter in the blog config, after all. Shouldn't take more than a minute to change and ideally set to "infinite", should it?

Infinitie? You must be joking. No sense at all in trying to cram an entire message into the title slot. That's what the message window is for.
| Stack |

likedeeler

Allow me to avail myself of the opportunity of directing the attention of the gentle reader towards the most excellent album which is the topic of this posting. After finding out -- if you don't know it yet -- where I live you'll be ready for a rewarding listening experience. Cheerio!
« Last Edit: February 01, 2023, 08:48:13 PM by likedeeler »

richeliutw

Hi likedeeler:
                     I found the magic key, you are naughty, my friend
                     Thank you for the wonderful share
                     Regards Richard

nidostar

Infinitie? You must be joking. No sense at all in trying to cram an entire message into the title slot. That's what the message window is for.
I agree with stack. The subject line (or heading in a piece of prose) should provide a brief description of the content of the post (or paragraph). The level of detail being considered here for the subject should most definitely appear in the post and not the subject line. Trust me. I have many years experience in communications.

likedeeler

... The level of detail being considered here for the subject should most definitely appear in the post and not the subject line. ...

Not sure which level of detail you're imagining.

Take a quick look at this topic's subject. It states the artists and part of the name of the album. That's it. The rest of the name and the year of publication went in the bin because the blog config cuts it off after 30-ish characters.

Which leads us to the following points:

-- Can I not decide myself how long a subject line needs to be?

-- Where does this apparent desire to infantilise users come from? Do the technical admins really believe people would happily start putting entire postings into titles?

-- Where is the actual problem in extending the threshold?

-- Why not just double the value and be done with it?

When I posed that question -- which was nothing more than an innocuous side remark -- as to whether the maximal subject length could be extended to accomodate the most basic info about a release in case it's a bit wordier than the average I sort-of expected (although I didn't think there would necessarily be a reaction) a reply along either one of two lines: (1) "Thanks for bringing this up. Subject length has been increased to x characters." or (2) "Sorry mate, subject length is a fixed value in this blog software that cannot be changed." Although the latter wouldn't seem very likely.

What we're having instead is this slightly embarrassing discussion for no reason at all.

I am not going to bring this up again. It's mostly a matter of convenience in a small number of cases. The attitude however does make me wonder.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2023, 08:09:40 PM by likedeeler »

Greta

• Administrator
This matter of the topic title length is becoming too big, and answers a bit piqued.
I was only saying that sometimes I couldn't write down the entire album author/title, and hoping for a bit more of length.
In my experiences, 5/10 characters more would have made the difference.

This, for example, wouldn't fit, even after shortening Armando to A.
[Vedette] - VSM 38547 - Armando Sciascia - After The End - Suite For String Orchestra & Synthesizer (1971)
No un-necessary details in that title, IMHO.

But I guess I'll keep complying with the current situation.

Cheers.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2023, 03:59:40 PM by Greta »
G.

Retronic

• Administrator
People are getting a bit stroppy about this which feels unnecessary. I’d hate to see a warm and friendly forum becoming somewhere I don’t want to visit because of people getting annoyed about stuff like this.

geo

thank you for the music, likedeeler!!

interesting topic. frankly I run into this problem more often than I would expect. agreed, a handful of extra characters would be welcome.

I usually follow the mla in my professional work. this omits the catalogue no., which is the fist thing I cut in a subject line if need be. it's so impersonal haha.

Composer, et al. Album, Publisher, Year.

:)
geo
password: libmusicnet
:)
geo