Author Topic: A couple of Christmas requests  (Read 1704 times)

tonyc1971

A couple of Christmas requests
« on: December 17, 2022, 10:39:08 AM »
Hi All

I'm looking to complete a BBC tape entitled 'A Ceefax Christmas' and require these albums to complete the listings.

CHAPPELL - CHAP 225 - Christmas Crackers
KPM - KPM 41CD - The Magic Of Christmas

Thanks in advance.

ChunYinZi

Re: A couple of Christmas requests
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2022, 11:44:21 AM »
CHAP 225 htXXs://mega.nz/file/Eb1XlBpY#CRGbcO8QkAFsLa05yfefsb_-onp0yNwpj1MZUW9ZVJY

KPM 41   htXXs://mega.nz/file/tX9W0azL#ynUKvx9DkQHIwWWI4IaJ_mjdF08W833d0jEUMOo7XPo

I'm glad I could help you

And I really appreciate you helping me last time

Thanks!

nidostar

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2022, 06:08:52 PM »
Thank you ChunYinZi. And good luck to tonyc1971 with your Christmas Ceefax project!

John_Fred

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2022, 11:18:36 AM »
Thank you ChunYinZi. And good luck to tonyc1971 with your Christmas Ceefax project!
'Christmas Ceefax Project?'  I'm intrigued.   :)

tonyc1971

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2022, 09:28:29 AM »
Thanks for the two albums, really appreciated.  I can now complete this Christmas tape that BBC Scotland used.

John, I've sent you a PM about this tape as the cue sheet was provided by TCC so you should have it in that file dump that was shared ages ago.  Let me know if you haven't got it.  With these two albums, I'll complete the tape today and thankfully now all in FLAC.  Happy days !

EDIT - The 'Extreme' cd wasn't FLAC as it was described as.  So, I'm on the look out for:-
XCD 008 - Various Artists - Christmas Bizarre.

If anyone has that and it's a genuine FLAC, I'd be very interested.  Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2022, 10:11:23 AM by tonyc1971 »

ChunYinZi

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2022, 02:53:13 PM »
Thanks for the two albums, really appreciated.  I can now complete this Christmas tape that BBC Scotland used.

John, I've sent you a PM about this tape as the cue sheet was provided by TCC so you should have it in that file dump that was shared ages ago.  Let me know if you haven't got it.  With these two albums, I'll complete the tape today and thankfully now all in FLAC.  Happy days !

EDIT - The 'Extreme' cd wasn't FLAC as it was described as.  So, I'm on the look out for:-

If anyone has that and it's a genuine FLAC, I'd be very interested.  Thanks in advance.

Coincidentally, just last weekend Extreme Music gave me access to download

I'll share it with you when I get home tonight

ChunYinZi

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2022, 06:18:20 PM »

htXXs://mega.nz/file/MOUglbzL#VZf8UVaSxP2B1325W3JWJB0FHvuTKcOIQqVBkUgg1mw

Thank you for waiting

Sound quality WAV 24-bit 2304kbps

tonyc1971

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2022, 09:32:32 AM »
Thanks for this ChunYinZi, really appreciated.  24bit wav is bit extreme for me, but I'll edit and convert down to 16bit FLAC to save on disk space.  Thanks again !

nidostar

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2022, 11:37:01 AM »
Thanks for this ChunYinZi, really appreciated.  24bit wav is bit extreme for me, but I'll edit and convert down to 16bit FLAC to save on disk space.  Thanks again !
.....a bit extreme........... I like it! Ho, ho,ho!

tonyc1971

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2022, 05:25:56 PM »
Thankful someone spotted that and I wasn't wasting my time.  8]

Anyway, for 3rd year running, I'll just chuck this out there...

Does anyone have Impress  IA 412 - Merry Christmas ?
I've tried contacting those on Discogs and no joy from anyone there.  Either no reply or not parting with it, or willing to rip.

Cheers, Tony
« Last Edit: December 20, 2022, 05:34:32 PM by tonyc1971 »

ChunYinZi

« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2022, 10:38:47 AM »

Coincidentally, just last weekend Extreme Music gave me access to download

Dear ChunYinZi, may I kindly ask you to share some XEL-Albums with us, especially XEL 039 (Swing Big) and XEL 037 (Gameshow 2), possibly XEL 038 (Lovestruck).
I would be very happy if you could share them with me/us. Thank you very much in advance an have a beautiful christmas.
[/quote]

Hi The three albums you need

I've sent you via private message

I don't know if it's official or not

The WAV I downloaded is not very good from the spectrogram, barely reaching 20Hz

I don't know if the composer compressed the music in order to recreate the atmosphere of the olden days, but it is an official WAV download.