Author Topic: Short Documentary on US Shopping Malls  (Read 20630 times)

Mr

• Administrator
Short Documentary on US Shopping Malls
« on: February 01, 2018, 09:55:36 PM »
Over the years I've come into contact with some lovely and interesting people through various platforms, and still to this day people occasionally reach out with interesting queries, stories or information - a little while back, I was contacted by someone from the "Mall Hall of Fame", who were creating a documentary on the American mall and in search of 'authentic' mall music. Having pointed them to Muzak and Seeburg, I was informed yesterday it had eventually been scored entirely with cues from my digital collection.
You can visit the Mall Hall of Fame here.

Though I must admit American malls to be a niche a bit foreign to me, I found it an informative an interesting watch, and thought I'd share it in case anyone else might be interested. Enjoy!

stackjackson

• Administrator
Re: Short Documentary on US Shopping Malls
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2018, 03:39:01 AM »
Oh, very cool. You scored a film, Mr!
Fortunately, or unfortunately, I'm quite familiar with the American mall -- but these days the malls are quickly disappearing everywhere. That era is behind us, I believe.
| Stack |

zach

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2018, 04:24:42 AM »
i miss malls.

roope

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2018, 07:05:31 PM »
I just found out and got interested about Seeburg last week, and was starting look for further information. So this will be my next step! Very curious.

Lord Thames

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2018, 08:58:43 PM »
I went through a major Seeburg addiction a couple of years ago, and bought several boxes of the 16rpm discs, until postage from the US became too prohibitive - lots of library tracks turn up, from the likes of KPM, Amphonic, De Wolfe, Mozart Edition, Brillant Musik and probably others.

Mr

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2018, 09:48:39 PM »
I went through a major Seeburg addiction a couple of years ago, and bought several boxes of the 16rpm discs, until postage from the US became too prohibitive - lots of library tracks turn up, from the likes of KPM, Amphonic, De Wolfe, Mozart Edition, Brillant Musik and probably others.
Welcome back, good sir! Interesting tidbits as always - wasn't aware they had library cues mixed in there.
I've always found the format of those things the most fascinating part, haha. How long do those 9", 16⅔rpm records play for?

Lord Thames

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2018, 10:23:20 PM »
About 80 minutes in total, I think - I used to dub them onto CDs to play in the car!