Author Topic: KOK 2012 Illustrator IV (1988)  (Read 270 times)

ChunYinZi

KOK 2012 Illustrator IV (1988)
« on: April 23, 2024, 11:59:07 AM »

This is one of Koka Media's discontinued albums. It's one of the early ones.

I stumbled upon it on our country's online shopping platform, and I remembered that Koka media's early albums were very popular in LTM, so I decided to buy it and share it.

In fact, this album used a lot of synthesizers, and it was groundbreaking.

I personally like Track 14, Track 16 and Track 17. 

htXXs://mega.nz/file/Be9xnbYb#WnLddLKT8Ll-IEFj1eBuUHIZt0t-xwdosjj5JJgOnZM

nidostar

Re: KOK 2012 Illustrator IV (1988)
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2024, 03:11:25 PM »
I was hesitant to download this album as I personally feel that electronic/synthesizer music has been done to death especially in the production library world resulting in all-too-often mundane, similar sounding stuff. This however, as you say, is groundbreaking. To my shame I was unaware of Rousseau's background but instantly recognised a style not unlike that of Jean-Michel Jarre's work from ten years previously. The inlays the scans of which you thoughtfully included in your share explain it all. And what detail they go into even to the point of noting the unwanted clicks which appeared on the master tape but were not a part of the composition. Extraordinary!

Thank you for bringing this to my/our attention ChunYinZi. I look forward to listening to this album in its entirety this evening.

tonyc1971

Re: KOK 2012 Illustrator IV (1988)
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2024, 11:49:54 AM »
This is a good album and I know about Frederic with his involvement in some of Jarre's earlier work.  I downloaded this earlier and had a listen.  Really good, but I do like synths so appeals to me.

Big thanks to ChunYinZi for sharing this album.  I've taken the liberty to edit the WAV's into FLAC for those wanting lossless but also reducing file sizes.  I've also renamed the files, tagged and added the excellent artwork.

http$://mega.nz/folder/XocijQZL#BAAd6WVgnvSVJGR3h8NWZA