Author Topic: JW 1999 - Cheesy Christmas  (Read 1135 times)

John_Fred

JW 1999 - Cheesy Christmas
« on: December 20, 2022, 01:36:46 PM »
Could those who can, please provide us, (who can't), with a digital version of this festive album?

htxxs://www.apmmusic.com/albums/JW_JW_1999

Thanks in advance!

ChunYinZi

Re: JW 1999 - Cheesy Christmas
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2022, 05:55:55 PM »
htxxs://mega.nz/file/welRTSbT#BpqrHDAhFLxwLsmCD0flril7zODLga7ogvQSLHbN_5k

Merry Christmas in advance

I know, in the West, this is your most important holiday.

Likewise, our most important holiday in China, Chinese New Year, is one month away.

tonyc1971

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2022, 07:21:56 PM »
Thank-you to John for the request.  I had no idea the Impress and JW album was re-released on a CD.  Wow, been looking for this for years.

Thanks to ChunYinZi for the files.  Greatly appreciated. 

That's another S4C album off the list done and dusted.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2022, 07:25:42 PM by tonyc1971 »

nidostar

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2022, 11:28:31 PM »
Thanks for the share ChunYinZi.

Greta

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2022, 11:37:56 PM »
Cool. Thanks.
G.

John_Fred

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2022, 02:08:42 AM »
Thank-you to John for the request.  I had no idea the Impress and JW album was re-released on a CD.  Wow, been looking for this for years.

Thanks to ChunYinZi for the files.  Greatly appreciated. 

That's another S4C album off the list done and dusted.
You'd be surprised what labels are on the APM website.  Although, you have to bear in mind that, like this example, there are those that've been modified somewhat, often with tracks taken out.  Luckily, in this case, they've only sandwiched the original album between 2 versions of another tune.  I can't take all the credit, though.  Having been made aware of JW 1999, it was only a matter of looking it up in the appropriate place and putting in the request before we were able to get hold of this album originally from 1976.  In lossless too!   :)  I didn't know it was an S4C tape.  I assume the tape was just a straight run of the tracks off the album?

tonyc1971

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2022, 10:44:48 AM »
Thanks John.  From memory and bearing in mind it's 40 years ago, Christmas Eve was a weekday and they had an interval mid-afternoon and played this album.  Quite rightly like they did with the Parry Music albums, it was played in full.  I also think they used the Nuptown Keys to fill the 50 minute gap and could well have started the Impress album again.  I only remember hearing it once and as I was young didn't watch much tv Xmas Day. 

likedeeler

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2022, 02:56:10 PM »
Merry Christmas in advance

I know, in the West, this is your most important holiday.

It may seem so because of the commercial relevance of Christmas. The most important religious holiday, however, is Easter. With one week of festivities it is also quite a bit longer than Christmas.

John_Fred

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2022, 03:39:44 PM »
Thanks John.  From memory and bearing in mind it's 40 years ago, Christmas Eve was a weekday and they had an interval mid-afternoon and played this album.  Quite rightly like they did with the Parry Music albums, it was played in full.  I also think they used the Nuptown Keys to fill the 50 minute gap and could well have started the Impress album again.  I only remember hearing it once and as I was young didn't watch much tv Xmas Day.
The run up to Christmas 1982 was kind of special for me as it was the first time I got the opportunity to record any Christmas test card tunes on the days leading up to the day itself.  I used the little mono tape recorder and the little black & white TV that my older brother normally used for his computer.  I managed to get a decent enough signal with the loop aerial on top of it, and used the same chord from the headphone socket on the TV to the line-in on the tape recorder.  Plus, I'd gone Christmas shopping, (of sorts), the day before and found a bargain of 5 C90 tapes and some plastic shelving to put them, and the rest of my tapes, (that I'd use for a number of years afterwards.)  It was great to be able to record, not only some of the Christmas tunes on BBC2, (which I later discovered were part of the Santa Claus Is Coming To Town tape), but also a lot of my own favourites from Channel 4.  Back then, I was rather selective of which tracks I'd record.  Although, there was also the economic factor involved.  I simply didn't have enough cassettes to record entire 1 hour tapes onto!  But, as usual, I digress.  What I really meant to mention was that on the big day itself, the last thing I considered doing was recording music off the TV.  I was too busy doing what we usually did on Christmas Day.  Besides, I wouldn't have had the opportunity, anyway.