Author Topic: WWF wrestling documentary library tracks help  (Read 626 times)

iheartthe90s

WWF wrestling documentary library tracks help
« on: December 22, 2023, 09:00:41 PM »
Hello everyone, was wondering if I can get some help with two tracks here...I found most of these but two escape me...This first one from 0:13-0:34 is an electronic one but the holy grail for me is the track @ 19:00-20:40. I know this one has been searched for a while with little luck but since I figured out a majority of these, maybe this can narrow the search down? It sounds late 80s, early 90s and I'm sure comes from a discontinued album/track from one of these labels represented throughout this documentary. It's about 1:40 long give or take.

Amount of times tracks were used from specific labels on this doc -
12 - FirstCom
10 - Non-Stop Music
3 - MusicHouse
2 - KPM
1 - Abaco
1 - Chappell AV
1 - Unknown

The other two unknown on here I'm fairly certain come from WWF's own in-house producer at the time, Jim Johnston, so not library tracks from any of these labels...

Vocal - https://vocaroo.com/1nuc7F7AFxP8
No Vocal - https://vocaroo.com/1iSXwBmqrZcB

0:13-0:34 - "Building For Tomorrow (b)", Ben Bartlett (Chappell AV)

0:40-1:10 - "Forces Of Destiny", David Snell (MusicHouse - Atmosphere)

1:11-1:33 - "Heartspeak", Mike Slamer, Shopan Entesari (Abaco)

2:04-3:53 - "The Conqueror", Vincent Frates (Non-Stop Music)

3:54-4:50 - "Slippin' And Slidin", Nigel Pulsford (FirstCom - Action)

6:08-7:08 - "Blue Beard", Vincent Frates (Non-Stop Music)

7:08-9:02 - "We're On The Move B", Patrick David Wilson, Adam Francis Routh (MusicHouse - Entertainment)

9:03-9:37 - "London Fog", Vincent Frates (Non-Stop Music)

10:10-12:06 - "Intensity", Eve Dowdle, (Non-Stop Music)

12:08-13:50 - "Prey", Vincent Frates, (Non-Stop Music)

14:20-15:08 - "Movie Action", Nick Bardoni, Steve Warr (KPM)

15:10-15:28 - "Extra Terrestrial", Nick Bardoni, Steve Warr (KPM)

15:34-16:08 - "Outrage", Ray Russell (FirstCom - Corporate)

16:09-18:16 - Unknown, Probably in-house Jim Johnston Production

18:17-18:40 - "Pounding Impact", Bruce Chianese, Geoff Levin (FirstCom - Drama)

19:00-20:40 - Unknown (Holy Grail) - https://vocaroo.com/18r8hKM4mBEq (cleaner version sample)

22:28-24:36 - "Slow Frame", Michael Tauben, Simon Richard Benson (MusicHouse - Entertainment)

26:06-26:45 - Unknown, Probably in-house Jim Johnston Production

27:50-29:04 - "Wings Of Midnight", Bruce Chianese, Geoff Levin (FirstCom - Drama)

29:30-30:34 - "Collision Course", Anthony DiLorenzo (Non-Stop Music)

30:35-31:54 - "Lost Soul", Eve Dowdle (Non-Stop Music)

31:55-32:16 - "Pursuit", D. Todd Sorensen (Non-Stop Music)

32:17-32:55 - "Helpless", Vincent Frates (Non-Stop Music)

33:22-35:06 - "Native Son", Thomas R. Hopkins (Non-Stop Music)

35:07-35:48 - "Death's Final Chase", Bruce Chianese, Dwight Mikkelson, Geoff Levin (FirstCom - Drama)

35:49-36:23 - "Momentum Machine", Wendell Yuponce (FirstCom - Corporate)

42:44-43:15 - "Journey Through The Inner Mind", Bruce Chianese, Geoff Levin (FirstCom - Drama)

43:16-44:14 - "Pounding Impact", Bruce Chianese, Geoff Levin (FirstCom - Drama)

44:55-45:10 - "Lost", Daniel E. Stein (FirstCom - Drama)

45:11-46:18 - "Urban Oddessey", Bruce Chianese, Geoff Levin (FirstCom - Drama)

46:19-48:04 - "Spreading Flames", Bruce Chianese, Dwight Mikkelson, Geoff Levin (FirstCom - Drama)

48:05-48:27 - "Frantic Search", Daniel E. Stein (FirstCom - Drama)

55:48-57:58 - "Drama Theme", Howard Pfeifer, John Bahler, Josef Lubinsky (FirstCom - Action)

57:59-58:19 - "Momentum Machine", Wendell Yuponce (FirstCom - Corporate)
« Last Edit: January 02, 2024, 11:25:56 PM by iheartthe90s »

Ryan0451

Re: WWF wrestling documentary library tracks help
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2023, 10:41:03 PM »
Your Holy Grail is mine as well.  One of the main ones I've been looking for for about 20 years.   I have another thread going here about that song, as well as one of the ones that you think may be a Jim Johnston piece (the Bret/Backlund recap one).  I've had no luck with a YouTube help video either.  Someone responded (might actually be your YouTube account) that they haven't had luck finding it either.  These are literally the last 2 pieces of production music I've been hunting for.  I've identified 3 holdouts over the last year or so.  It would be amazing to identify them one day.  I even sent messages to former WWE production staff on IG, asking if they'd be good enough to give a listen and see if anything rang a bell.  No luck, not that I blame them.

iheartthe90s

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2023, 11:14:36 PM »
Your Holy Grail is mine as well.  One of the main ones I've been looking for for about 20 years.   I have another thread going here about that song, as well as one of the ones that you think may be a Jim Johnston piece (the Bret/Backlund recap one).  I've had no luck with a YouTube help video either.  Someone responded (might actually be your YouTube account) that they haven't had luck finding it either.  These are literally the last 2 pieces of production music I've been hunting for.  I've identified 3 holdouts over the last year or so.  It would be amazing to identify them one day.  I even sent messages to former WWE production staff on IG, asking if they'd be good enough to give a listen and see if anything rang a bell.  No luck, not that I blame them.

Yes, it's very frustrating not being able to find these...I posted this on here to inform that it may be from one of these labels, if there is a pattern and not some unknown/forgotten label that was used once and discarded.

I would add this orchestra piece as well as one of the last big ones left to discover - https://vocaroo.com/14ojm1mqUWEe

Ryan0451

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2023, 11:51:13 PM »
Hmm, unfortunately I don't know that one either.  If this was 2003 or so, I feel like I'd remember a lot more names/songs, but I've probably forgotten a bunch through the years.  That said, this one doesn't sound even a little familiar.

Craig-UK

• WCW Theme Database
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2023, 10:16:56 AM »
For a while I really thought the "holy grail" track was from FC-C2 as we have always only heard the B version. I finally got to hear the original release and to no avail, it was on that CD.
Now I search and collect WCW tracks and unfortunately Non-Stop Music is a bugger for hiding many of their albums. I have tracks used WCW from 1998 to 2001 that is 100% from Non-Stop (as they are on the later albums) but are not on the known discs from the 90s. I have a 2 discs NSRR - Rock Radio which contain these tracks (although only short format) which shows they was around back then too.
I do wonder if this holy grail is from Non-Stop but long time discontinued?! It is hard to say. I have tried to search for years on further information but with no luck.

I have tried to find this track too even though I no longer collect WWFE tracks but I shall continue to and hopefully someday we shall locate it.

iheartthe90s

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2023, 12:46:46 PM »
For a while I really thought the "holy grail" track was from FC-C2 as we have always only heard the B version. I finally got to hear the original release and to no avail, it was on that CD.
Now I search and collect WCW tracks and unfortunately Non-Stop Music is a bugger for hiding many of their albums. I have tracks used WCW from 1998 to 2001 that is 100% from Non-Stop (as they are on the later albums) but are not on the known discs from the 90s. I have a 2 discs NSRR - Rock Radio which contain these tracks (although only short format) which shows they was around back then too.
I do wonder if this holy grail is from Non-Stop but long time discontinued?! It is hard to say. I have tried to search for years on further information but with no luck.

I have tried to find this track too even though I no longer collect WWFE tracks but I shall continue to and hopefully someday we shall locate it.

Shame nothing was on that C2 album...The Non-Stop thing is weird since they were founded in 1981...yet the first albums we see from them start in 1994...that's a 13 year gap. And even with those mid-90s albums, tracks have been discontinued that aren't on the revised albums online now...like "Trash Talk" for example -

iheartthe90s

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2023, 12:48:46 PM »
A new, cleaner version with vocals removed was added for the "holy grail" track.

EddieJ1984

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2024, 10:59:02 PM »
The first one (0:13 - 0:34) is Building For Tomorrow (B) by Ben Bartlett off of CHAPAV58 - Propulsion (Chappell AV)
They used the main track Building For Tomorrow (A) quite a bit as well (Bret vs Austin for ITH: Revenge Of Taker, Austin vs Shawn Michaels KOTR 97).

Building For Tomorrow (B)
https://voca.ro/1eqU2BtYVsYS

Building For Tomorrow (A)
https://voca.ro/11mG8G178drM

iheartthe90s

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2024, 11:19:09 PM »
The first one (0:13 - 0:34) is Building For Tomorrow (B) by Ben Bartlett off of CHAPAV58 - Propulsion (Chappell AV)
They used the main track Building For Tomorrow (A) quite a bit as well (Bret vs Austin for ITH: Revenge Of Taker, Austin vs Shawn Michaels KOTR 97).

Building For Tomorrow (B)
https://voca.ro/1eqU2BtYVsYS

Building For Tomorrow (A)
https://voca.ro/11mG8G178drM

Of course...it was right under my nose! Thank you for the explanation, I appreciate it!

iheartthe90s

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2024, 06:26:12 AM »
Bump

godzfire

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2024, 03:53:50 AM »
Here's a cleaned up version of the unknown song allowing you to hear more than before: https://www.sendspace.com/file/n74eiy