Author Topic: Ishimatsu, Tabata – ドラム&ドラム ヒット歌謡ベスト20 (Teichiku Records)  (Read 2370 times)

geo

hello friends,

here is a sweet double juicy with some amazing funk and drum work; and of course a little cheesecake too!! please enjoy!!

Hajime Ishimatsu, Sadakazu Tabata – ドラム&ドラム ヒット歌謡ベスト20 (Teichiku Records) [BL1080-1]

mega.nz/file/IzwUVDoQ#lODcEWGSI7SApYbWQ8CW0g-J1VJBB9SE3ik2xK8BQUk
password: libmusicnet
:)
geo

Flemming

Excellent, thank you very much Geo.  :)

likedeeler

Listening right now.

What a gorgeous album.

And apart from the fantastic music, all those unmistakable signs of real quality are there: needle drop, crackles, the occasional pop. Not to forget the tacky cover. Spectrals are impeccable. It sounds exactly as if it were revolving on my own player. The only way to make this any better may be putting the record through an ultrasonic cleaner. But that's of little significance.

I would recommend any user of denoising and decrackling software to denoise and decrackle this rip and listen to the result. What makes this album particularly suitable for demonstrating the damage done by these horrific gadgets is the brass and battery. In reality it is impossible to reliably discriminate noise and crackles from music automatically. Instruments produce noise. It is an integral part of their sound. Thus the music is going to deteriorate, and markedly so if your stereo is capable. You will at least need a high-quality D/A converter to actually hear this. Standard computer sound cards and similar devices with their muddy reproduction might not let you notice it.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2023, 11:20:44 PM by likedeeler »

zibi67

Thank you very much

geo

yes!! glad you guys enjoyed!!

this one blew my mind!!

japanese jazz is a wellspring!!

geo
password: libmusicnet
geo

Tanasi

• formerly wfoster00
thank you, geo!

sj_beat

Thank you , geo ))

keir

Glad this got a bump, I missed it! I'm curious about the phenomenon of the Japanese albums of the time which used some variation on "Drum Drum"-type naming, I have examples by Akira Ishikawa and Jimmy Takeuchi but I wasn't aware of this one! Thanks geo!