Author Topic: Ace of Wands Short cues from Seven Serpents, Sulphur and Salt  (Read 836 times)

fredowl

Hi
I'm trying to identify and track down the library music used in Ace of Wands. For those who don't know the series, it was transmitted in the UK from 1970-72. The first two series were wiped, but some crackly off air audio exists for some of the lost episodes (of which this is one), and series 3 survives and is available on DVD. it also has a fantastic theme tune "Tarot", by Andy Bown!
So far I've found cues from Dewolfe, KPM, Chappell, Boosey and Hawkes, etc usually from releases in the late 60s up to 1970, 71, 72. The above serial was broadcast in 1971, and tracks IDed so far are from Conroy Electronic Percussion Points BMLP072 and DWLP3030 Lunar Probe. Here's a short video with the unidentified (very short!) sections!  https://mobile.twitter.com/fred_owl/status/1238410189440790532
if anyone recognises the sources, that would be fantastic! Still intend to produce an overall summary once I've worked through everything. You can download the "soundtracks" of the serials I've done so far via the link in the twitter feed if you're interested!
Thanks!

Retronic

• Administrator
Re: Ace of Wands Short cues from Seven Serpents, Sulphur and Salt
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2020, 11:59:45 AM »
I would loved to be able to help but don't recognise any.   I'm quite familiar with drama cues from these labels but none ring a bell.  If you get any clues I have great runs of LPs on these labels so I could check the LP for you.  I also have catalogues for KPM, B&H, Conroy, latter DW as well and they can help sometimes (they often have a list of all LP tracks identified as 'Drama', 'Tension/ Suspense', etc).

fredowl

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2020, 12:31:11 PM »
Thanks for looking! I'm guessing some sort of mid sixties "Space" or "Mystery" release. I'm sure I've heard that first sting used in something else, sounds very familiar! 

Retronic

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2020, 01:06:11 PM »
I spent half my adult life looking for cues from Prisoner Cell Block H (692 x 45 min episodes)!  Finding these short cues is really hard.  'Prisoner' had a lost of one note 'stings' that were hard to find.  Boosey is chock full of short drama dues and stings.