Author Topic: Alain Clavier - 'Parks Canada' (1984)  (Read 768 times)

kosmiksoul

Alain Clavier - 'Parks Canada' (1984)
« on: February 10, 2020, 08:43:35 AM »
Hi everyone!

I would like to start a new thread, in case anyone can help me to find something more about this artist.

Alain Clavier - 'Parks Canada' (1984)
https://youtu.be/fKpfPjX1El0

(The artist Syscrusher made an amazing re-creation of the track)
https://soundcloud.com/syscrusher/parks-canada

This wonderful track was apparently composed by Alain Clavier. It is very difficult to find any information or release related to this artist, so years ago I decided to write a message to 'Parks Canada'. I also received a reply from client services of 'National Film Board of Canada'. In case it can help, I post their reply at the end of the message.

Since I joined this amazing forum I was wondering if anyone of the members could know something more about this topic.

I'm looking forward to reading from you soon.

Thank You so much!

:)

-----

Dear Sebastian,

Thank you for your email and interest in our productions.

Regarding the clip featured in your email, please note that the NFB, as the Canadian Government's film agency, had the mandate to produce films for other government agencies (such as Parks Canada, Health and Welfare, Dept. of Revenue. etc.) up until the early 1980s when the law was changed and the other agencies could contract out their film productions to private companies.

During the time that we were mandated to produce films for them, we often made films specifically for the needs of the sponsor. We produced several full documentaries for the sponsors and, in some cases, retained some of the rights for these films, but essentially these were for the sponsor to do whatever they wanted with them.

The short clips that are included in your e-mail were produced for Parks Canada to be used as TV spots. Parks Canada has ALL rights to these clips, regardless of whether we produced them or not. Since we were (in most cases) the producing agency, we have certain elements in our vaults which we are mandated to preserve.

In short, in order to use or obtain those clips featuring the music of Alain Clavier, you must approach Parks Canada (now part of Environment Canada) directly. https://www.pc.gc.ca/

On the other hand, if you are interested in the music of Alain Clavier, you can also watch the film Metadata (1971), featuring an amazing composition by Clavier, on our website at this address: https://www.onf.ca/film/metadata_en/

I hope this answers your question, please don't hesitate to contact me if you need further information.

Once again, we thank you for your understanding and interest.

Best,

Frédéric Savard
Direct International Sales – Ventes directes internationales
Client Services – Service clients
National Film Board of Canada - Office national du film
www.nfb.ca   www.onf.ca

-----

« Last Edit: February 10, 2020, 08:46:54 AM by kosmiksoul »

Mr

• Administrator
Re: Alain Clavier - 'Parks Canada' (1984)
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2020, 07:40:02 PM »
As far as I'm aware, these aren't library, but commissioned music for this series of adverts. Brilliant nonetheless, granted, but I think your best bet is to follow M. Savard's recommendation and get in touch with Parks Canada directly.

kosmiksoul

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2020, 07:34:05 AM »
I also did it, and received this reply but nothing else happened. I suppose I should try again... Thanks anyway! :)

-----

Hello/Bonjour,
Thank you for contacting Parks Canada.
This e-mail is to advise you that I have forwarded your e-mail to the appropriate Parks Canada contact to look after your request.
I hope this information proves helpful. Should you have any other questions, please feel free to contact us again. Please note: you can also reach the Parks Canada National Information Service toll-free at 1-888-773-8888 in North America or 819-420-9486 for international callers. We are open 7 days/week from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. EDT.
With regards,

-----

Dino

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2020, 07:39:01 PM »
Anyone who like this type of music, it is called a New Age.
You can hear a lot of melodies like this one in many of new age cassettes, it's really amazing.
Just start to explore (mainly on the discogs) from late 70's to early 90's and you'll find out a lot of beautiful music  ;)
« Last Edit: February 17, 2020, 07:53:05 PM by Dino »

kosmiksoul

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2020, 08:10:23 AM »
Hi @Dino!

Could you recommend one of your favourite ones? I'm curious about your taste.

In case anyone is interested, this could be one of my favourite New Age releases, the track 'Deep Distance' is a Masterpiece!
https://www.discogs.com/es/Ashra-New-Age-Of-Earth/master/2559

Thank You

:)
« Last Edit: February 20, 2020, 08:16:00 AM by kosmiksoul »