Author Topic: Bernard Fevre - Orbit Ceremony 77  (Read 1799 times)

Greta

• Administrator
Bernard Fevre - Orbit Ceremony 77
« on: February 12, 2020, 12:17:41 AM »

Some reviews:

"An album of library music that was never even released, and was thought lost to the ages. Until a fortunate discovery of the original tapes that is!"

"By now, the 70s and all it’s synthetic contents are surely well known by the record-collecting community, with more soundtracks and lost tapes from forgotten synthesists turning up now than back then. It’s garnered a lot of a love, with names such as this Bernard Fevre man getting attention from the likes of Rephlex and the Chemical Brothers.
He’s mostly known for his more dance oriented Black Devil Disco Club releases, and despite some dodgy ‘it was acceptable in the 70s’ album covers, it’s good fun. But this release isn’t about fun, or at least, not funky good times fun. It’s a suite of so-called ‘library music’ aka ‘filler’ that features some almost symphonic sequencing and some actually pretty bold synth sounds for the time. It’s not all Vangelis synth strings here, you’ve got some rather wild sounds that blur the line between sci-fi SFX and conventional melody or percussion. They’re pretty techno, as the start of the 2nd track of side B reinforces, almost sounding Morton Subotnick-y at times. No wonder the Chemical Bros took note.
So yes this does adequately steer clear of enough of the cliches of 70s synth to actually be worthwhile."

"Lost LP from 1977, rebuilt from original tapes, by the creator of BLACK DEVIL DISCO CLUB. The French electronic music pioneer behind Black Devil Disco Club, released three seminal library albums in the seventies: Suspense (1975), Cosmos 2043 (1977) and The Strange World of Bernard Fevre (1977). A fourth album called Orbit Ceremony, produced just a few months after remained in his home studio and never saw the light; sentenced to almost 40 years in the devil's vault. By chance, while working on the re-issues, Bernard Fevre recently found the original lost tapes of Orbit Ceremony, including the multi-tracks, which he remixed and remastered himself. Spacy moogs, weird clavinet, and cosmic analog drum machines: it's all here. The quirky, cosmic library music found on this long-deleted 70′s science-fiction-themed album if full of burbling synths and off-kilter melodies. There's only one man on this planet able to produce such a crazy sound. As soon as you press play you know you've embarked on a special and unique 'back to the future' trip. Don't worry, fasten your seat belt and relax. Captain Fevre is taking care of everything."

It's great, just give it a spin and see by yourself
mega.nz/#!nX5xmbjA!6WK_diLjKK6by1arCj9jlu323Rt_rFMOMCiCyE3_A3E - flac
https://www.discogs.com/it/Bernard-F%C3%A8vre-Orbit-Ceremony-77/release/9010207
G.

elpayochulo

Re: Bernard Fevre - Orbit Ceremony 77
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2020, 06:59:37 AM »
Great share !! Many thanks Greta   :-*

owlglass

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2020, 09:02:30 AM »
Great! – Thanks, Greta!

Rocco

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2020, 11:30:33 AM »
Thank you very much for this beautiful share, Greta.
It is new for me. Awesome album indeed.

LMTH303

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2020, 07:20:43 PM »
I agree Greta...it's a very nice album...and a great companion to the albums cited in the reviews...Molte grazie cara Greta!

Muff Diver

• Secret Squirrel is watching!
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2020, 12:57:36 AM »

s/ I guess I'll check this out. I mean, if you're going to twist my arm & force me to listen, I'll guess try to put on my happy face and act like I'm enjoying it. s/   ;D

Over the past year, I'm just barely getting acquainted with Bernard Fèvre's releases from Musax and the Black Devil Disco LP (and forcing myself to like them, doncha know). I mean, I've listened before, and it was ok. But when I really listen with my undivided attention, I hear new things. Seemingly every time I listen, I notice something new.

Now we have Orbit Ceremony?!  I'm having way too much fun getting to know Bernard Fèvre.

Thank you, Greta, for adding to my burden. Woe is me.  ;)

Virtus Junxit Mors Non Separabit

MetralleTa-Z

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2020, 11:09:36 AM »
thank you Greta, that's the music I need during these days.

Fuzi

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2022, 04:46:54 PM »
Looks amazing… I lived in France for 12 years and never heard of this chap!
If someone cares to offer a reup, I'll gladly partake in the ceremony.
Thank you :)
Life with ⓁⓂⓉ is so rich!

Greta

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2022, 09:43:22 AM »
Here:
pixeldrain.com/u/LmdU9mms

Few tracks perfectly fit these Halloween days..
« Last Edit: October 29, 2022, 09:48:47 AM by Greta »
G.

Fuzi

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2022, 11:34:28 AM »
Yeah that's the mood today isn't it, thank you so much for the reup Greta 8]
Life with ⓁⓂⓉ is so rich!